Pipcrawler's Favorite Trading Books updated

I found ‘FX Bootcamp Guide to Stratigic and Tactical Forex Trading’, a great book to read for learning technical analysis. Also ‘Getting Started in Curreny Trading’.

Both books are a very good read for the newbie.

Does anyone still read or have read : Trade What You See: How To Profit from Pattern Recognition (Wiley Trading), it’s published in 2007…

wonder how you ppl find the book, as the reviews from Amazon couldn’t help much.

Thanks,
Nikky

I bought “Currency trading for the dummies second edition” which is I think following the same spirit than here.
Very easy to read, and lots of things make sense.
I would advise to follow the school of pipsology as a start, then to read the book. I think both go on together really well :slight_smile:

Cloud Charts: Trading Success with the Ichimoku Technique by Linton

Read 3 books about Ichimoku (well, 2, I quit the 3rd after the first few chapters), and only this one was really worth it. If you’re interested at all in this theory, this is the book to get imo. There’s a great free resource online too: LINK

“Hedge Fund Masters” by Ari Kiev, books such as this are important to read, the mental part of trading is very important.

My favourite trading book is Tradin Chaos…

Agreed, Niederhoffer is great

Trading in the zone Mark Douglas
Mastering Elliot wave Glenn Neely
How To Make Profits In Commodities W.D. Gann
Technical Analysis of the Financial Market John Murphy

I really enjoyed Long term secrets to short term trading by larry williams :slight_smile:

My favourite trading book is forexcontrol website , alot of information provided …

What’s the web address?

I can seem to only find software or a broker.

Thanks

Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline and a Winning Attitude, great trading psychology book

The daily trading coach by Brett Steenbarger. Another great book on trading psychology, really good information and a really interesting, easy read. The book sets out lessons for you to follow and implement in your trading, and I found myself wanting to learn more, great starting point and resource for all traders.

Hi everyone.

Thanks for listing quite a few books. However, what I’d like to know is which books contain successful trading techniques that you have demo tested and then live traded and with what win/loss success using what R:R?

I’ve read more than a few trading books which offer trading strategies but without back testing, live testing, and actual live money trades in different currency markets, it’s hard to say whether a this book or that book is any good. I know many books offer great money management advice, psychological advice, etc. and those skills are important to trading but that is not what I am talking about. I have not done this myself but I am still demo trading and may do this one day when I get the time to do so.

I am surprised many of you trade real money but have never tested and compared many of the trading techniques sold in books, seminars, courses, etc.

Maybe to make good money I should write a trading book :wink:

Btw, my demo FX trading is consistently profitable, both scalping and longer trades so please don’t make the mistake thinking I’m not an experienced trader. I am looking to be more successful finding the best techniques which suit my trading style of choice.

Thanks.

Zurich Axioms: Investment Secrets of the Swiss Bankers by Max Gunther

Thanks for the suggestion.

Are these the same Swiss bankers that stole all the money from the Jews during WW ][ and then wouldn’t return the money to the survivors after the war?

Shame on them.

I love this book!

One of the very best for Forex traders is

Attacking Currency Trends: How to Anticipate and Trade Big Moves in the Forex Market (Wiley Trading) by Greg Michalowski

If you follow his thinking and methodology, it will open new doors for your Forex trading!
I very highly recommed this to all Forex traders.

I have study some guides when i strart my service provider as a currency investor and it’s also real that every Arthurs(Traders) Opinions , Thought’s & focing factor is different from each. Some concentrate mindset relevant factors, Some on cost activity and some concentrate on just specialized element and others on just basic principles. Which was a complicated scenario for me. I understand a lot from them but this is also real that i discover myself in a affordable place as currency investor by the help of my own created stratigies and abilities. It requires sometime which was a essential here we are at me but i views this as primary key to achievements not for just an personal but for everyone i think.

Forex trading reviews
Forex brokers

“Hedge Fund Market Wizards”…hands down the best trading book I read in a long time. Probably the book that helped me most having the right “attitude” towards trading.