Pipcrawler's Favorite Trading Books updated

Have any one read the book by Walter in the name “Naked Forex : High Probability Techniques for trading without Indicators” ? From the reviews it seems to be good one … Have ordered one :slight_smile: ! If any one does Naked trading or pure PA trading pls do share your feedback here !!!

I think alexander elder’s books are good to read —> he is really good educator and trader in my opinion.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone on this Forum would like to contribute to a research project, I am trying to correlate the EUR/USD vs US Dollar Index, If You would like to have the final results (This will be a good indicator that will help tpo trade the EUR/USD) I will be able to send You that final project. I just need You to go to this webpage Free Online Survey Software by SurveyMonkey: Closed Survey and participate in that survey, Thank you.

" inside the currency market written by brian twomy really that was very good one …he is using mathematic calculation s in his trading… But its amazing it is working people who are in the fx market should read this book

Martin Pring on Price Patterns. A Must in your Shelf.

Shameless self-plug, but “Growing The Money Tree” by me (John Svazic) is a book aimed at new Forex traders and experienced traders who are looking for an introduction into algorithmic trading (algotrading). It’s available on Amazon and most online bookstores.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this.

Can anyone recommend books, websites or parts of books that have information on position sizing, risk reward ratios, what books or websites have you found useful?

Hello traders!

I am grateful for this thread… I just bought this:

I look forward to reading the book and watching the video!

Has anyone else got it?

Happy trading.

Can u share with us friend. Thanx

HI “Jui25”: I will review it when I get it, later this month… Kathy Lien is a LEGEND…at least she is MY legend…

Anyone like her deserves respect… Very talented… Of course, there are others… But this is the first book/DVD I am

buying on Forex, ever, so I will be happy with this for a while… In fact, it may be all I need, given how much free

stuff there is on the Web…Babypips at No.1, of course!

Hello jui25.

I received Kathy Lien’s book and I started reading it: it is very good, and covers all aspects of (Day and Swing) trading,
including how equities and capital flows impact the FX market, how to analyse pairs’ correlation, how to look at news events impact, and then on to more technical matters… I have not looked at the DVD yet, but the book is very serious, and truly well researched. At the end of the day, I am glad I got it because it will add to my trading skills.
Cheers.

my favorite book is the disciplined trader by Mark Douglas it has really helped me with my discipline

the only viable trading book that will walk you trough,
what is like and what is really all about to be a trader, is
"Reminiscences of a stock Operator" by Edwin Lefevre.
Surely opened my eyes and addressed this let’s cut to the chase urge, that everyone has at one point or another.
Don’t be fooled by the print date (1923),
knowledge comes from experience and being on the trading floor for half a century (since 14 years-old),
Jesse Livermore sure knows a thing or two about a thing or two.
A Must Read !

Just read pages 163-165 from ‘Forex Trading Course’ by Abe Cofnas, on GoogleBooks, where he talks about using ATR and how to use stops/profits: the language is so clear and the perspective so in tune with the trader’s own, that it makes for excellent reading material.The Forex Trading Course: A Self-Study Guide To Becoming a Successful … - Abe Cofnas - Google Books

Just finished “Jesse Livermore: World’s Greatest Stock Trader” by Richard Smitten. Another take on the trading legend that focuses more on his life outside of trading, giving you a much, much different story than “Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.” It’s not as insightful into his market timing prowess, but it does have many life lessons on what to do and NOT to do when you make your millions since the story of his life does end in tragedy. Good read.

Although I have not seen it on the list I can highly recommend Currency Trading for Dummies by Brian Dolan. It is mostly about Fundamentals, Trading Plan and Market players. There is also a Technical Trading section however it is not so deep analysis.

Really? I will have to check it out. Thank you I was actually looking for something like this.

There is a really good book for beginners, [B]The Neatest Little Guide to Stock Market Investing[/B] by Jason Kelly very witty and entertaining.

UK MARKET OVERVIEW
Ex-dividends, supermarkets and miners dragged the FTSE to yet another negative finish on Tuesday, with the index closing 17.67 points lower at 6,818.63. This comes ahead of today’s European Central Bank (ECB) meeting, at which members are widely expected to loosen monetary policy in a bid to address weak inflation, high unemployment and a stagnant recovery.
FTSE100 has formed double top pattern and breaching of it’s neck line it can show downward movement. RSI is trading to near 50 level crossing of it can test the 30 level in near future.FTSE 100 has facing resistance at 6900 level breaching of it’s support level i.e. 6780 it can test the level of 6700,6600.

+1 for Currency Trading for Dummies for the new trader. Good primer.