hi
take a look at some great book on trading psychology :
The Disciplined Trader
Trading In The Zone
The Daily Trading Coach
Super Trader: Make Consistent Profits in Good and Bad Markets

1 Like

Great read, thank you

That’s pretty long and interesting page about books, and movies as well. Bookmarked!

Pipcrawler, thanks for this list, I have read Schwager, Lein and Covel will do Steenbarger next.

I’m surprised no one mentioned The Big Short as a good movie for traders. The guy from 40-year-old virgin is in it. It is very informative as well. It’s perfect edutainment.

Hi there, I need to ask you for a few pointers. I want to start trading with real money. I already have a demo account with IQ options because binary options kind of appeal to me. But every time I log into my practice account, the settings are different and I sort feel like I’m blind folded in the woods. I like for now quick trades. 1,2,5min trades. Oh I’m only using my smartphone. Please give me some quick settings pointers that I must check or even configure before make a trade. Whether on smartphone, tablet or laptop. The reason I sound this green, is because I really am.

Another lesson on playing the odds is MoneyBall,

“Billy Beane (Brad Pitt), general manager of the Oakland A’s, one day has an epiphany: Baseball’s conventional wisdom is all wrong. Faced with a tight budget, Beane must reinvent his team by outsmarting the richer ball clubs. Joining forces with Ivy League graduate Peter Brand (Jonah Hill), Beane prepares to challenge old-school traditions. He recruits bargain-bin players whom the scouts have labeled as flawed, but have game-winning potential. Based on the book by Michael Lewis.”

i read the art of war by Sun Tzu its very important book in our life not just for the war

hello traders , I am a new trader i gain lots of knowledge from this post i am using an app which give me trading signal can you see this app and check this app . app name is Live Forex Signals - Exchange rate . please let me know .

The books by Mark Douglas are very deep, difficult and for me an essential read. It will take years to understand them. Trading is not 70% or 80% psychology. Its 100%.

2 Likes

The trading month jealousy guarded these books on pain of death only hands down my absolute favorite book for trading in insider by superstock. Get all latest news about pipe crawler favorite trading books, breaking headlines and top stories, photos and videos in real time. It’s trading the battle begins even before you open up your trading software. You expectation on returns from forex trading will play a huge role in determine what kind of trading style you will implement.

Well why is there nothing on the “worse forex books” ever? :stuck_out_tongue:

I totallly agree with having a good book of an experienced Trader would guide you to the correct path of trading.

Everyone wants to win and profit from FOREX, so am I.

I bought a book on Amazon, I find it a good book. Here to share with BabyPips member.

Book name : STRAP FOREX AUTOMATED TRADING
Author : JASULI SULIADI
Book pages : 56
Price : Check out AMAZON (Ebook, Softcover, Hardcover)

Good stuff we share, hope you guys make some use of it too .

Cheers.

Regards,
Lee LaoLang

1 Like

My favourite trading book is Trading in the zone.
I read it every year just to remind myself that it starts with my psychology. It prepared me.for the opportunity I later found with Blufx, a prop fund in the UK. I was ready to jump on the opportunity to trade bigger accounts because of some of the lessons I had learnt from the book

2 Likes

Have you watched The Wolf of Wall Street?
That was a very inspirational movie. And it hit it big in the box office when it was released.

[Removed for Forums policy violation]

I just ordered a couple new books. However, I still have a few I’d like to read.

The next book I want to read is “a beginner’s guide to short-term trading”.

But I’m keeping in mind that I can’t go chasing strategies.

To be honest, I haven’t 100% mastered my current strategy. It could be faulty, but I don’t think I follow my rules enough to say if it works or not, or what new mistakes I’m making.

I’m still making impulsive trades on my phone. I gotta knock that off. I may just set up a rule of “no trading on the phone”, unless it’s 100% planned and I’m waiting for a specific signal.

Also, I may even just start staying away from the H4. I’m getting eaten alive in there. Nothing faster than the D1, maybe. I’m still figuring out which TF is best for me.

But, I think continuing to study is important. Part of me was feeling like, “I know everything I need to know. I just have to master it.”

In a forex documentary, an old school trader said “the worst losses come right after you think you know something.” So, that mixed with the advice of other forum members, I figured I should keep reading.

Plus, I’ve hit a real losing streak. So, I gotta expand my mind, do some analysis, and make some adjustments to how I execute my strategy.

1 Like

You can get “Day trading in Currency Mkt” in PDF drive.net. free download.

1 Like

Thanks to share such a helpful post, keep sharing more knowledgeable content.

I also just ordered mine, and also got the book as pdf.