Pips of GLORY - Smart Money Trading

I like this view, and I like that price is at what looks like a very key level near 81.95 where it’s been a few times before…(sure beats it when price is somewhere in the middle…lol). I’d say price is at the top of a consolidation range stemming from it’s prior down trend.

Previous Daily High @ 81.95 triggered short and stopped out for -20.

81.95 could become support now so will set a pending long there.

Sweet… focus on the exercise… trust me, I will prove it’s not wasted time and effort as the spectators are barking. Keep notes on weekly frequency of Daily Highs and or Lows provided a 20 pip opportunity and the same for the Weekly levels as well. This is merely a component of the overall method… it will be a huge lesson for you as long as you continue on the routine and focus not on the results.

Your emotions :mad: :o :frowning: don’t belong on your posts…

You are in a test of following a routine… not journaling. Keep emotions out of it… it’s like blood in the water for the forum sharks that know it all, lol.

Those crowing now will be eating it soon enough :wink:

Hang in there chic!

Thanks for the guidance ICT. Ok I will lose the emoticons…and just do what I’ve been doing with-respect-to the routine so far…right?

Stick to the exercise… you are doing fine thus far.

No interest in profits… no direction or news concerns… its not a system but merely an exercise.

Im following your daily progress.

~

Last Weeks’ High = 81.53…resistance now turned support
Last Weeks’ Low = 80.31

New Previous Daily High = 82.78
New Previous Daily Low = 81.61

I suppose 81.95 from 2 days ago is still a valid resistance turned support area too.

Edit

No trades triggered.

Last Weeks’ High = 81.53…resistance now turned support
Last Weeks’ Low = 80.31

New Previous Daily High = 82.59
New Previous Daily Low = 82.05

Also keeping the new high from 2 days ago @ 82.78 as resistance, as well as the low @ 81.95 for support which is 10 pips from the new PDL of 82.05.

Edit:

Both lows - 82.05 & 81.95 triggered long - both stopped out for -20 each. Price went as low as 81.64.

Hours later…

High of 82.59 triggered short and hit target for +20

Now compile your setups for the week and note the number of times it was positive and negative. We will refer to this data three weeks from now :stuck_out_tongue:

For homework… note the times which shown a positive reaction and what tools were in agreement to support the setup if you feel like peeling back the layers.

For the exercise sake… how was this week as it relates to doing the same thing everyday? Was it difficult, taxing, annoying or what did you find yourself thinking as you went through the week? It’s not easy to follow a plan and even something as simple as this… :wink:

For the exercise sake if I was to trade each occurance of when price would have triggered at one of those S&R areas I noted, then next week I will make sure to set the pending orders to make getting the time of day the trades triggered a lot easier to obtain. I missed setting a few this week so have to go back and figure that out compared to the ease of getting it from the trade history.

Otherwise, yes I will work on the compilation over the weekend.

Out of 7 daily/weekly high/low areas that price reached, 5 of them had negative results, and 2 had positive…and that includes the ones I didn’t actually trade.

Referring to your 2 part question I underlined above, for the 1st part when you say “note the times”…do you mean as in time of day, or number of occurances? If time of day, then both positive results triggered when I wouldn’t have been at the computer. If you mean number of occurances, then that was answered in the first question.

As for the 2nd part of that question, there weren’t any other “tools” used in agreement to support the setup because we’re only using the one tool…defining tool as the daily/weekly highs & lows. Now if you mean more than 1 area, defined by using the same tool, converging around each other, then I don’t really see that being the case this week for the positive outcome setups.

As far as doing the same thing each week, it fits in well with my schedule. The new daily highs and lows are established when I am at the computer and then I can setup the pending orders at those areas. Then all I have to do is wait for the orders to get triggered or not. Seems too easy.

The problem I have is not being there when price is approaching the trigger to be able to analyze price action leading up (or down) to the trigger area…at this point anyways. The other issue is to [U]resist[/U] trading other types of setups not related to this exercise while waiting…:stuck_out_tongue:

Last Weeks’ High = 82.78
Last Weeks’ Low = 80.51

New Previous Daily High = 82.64
New Previous Daily Low = 81.64

Edit:

Both PDH & Weekly highs triggered short orders, and both stops hit for -20 each. Now looking for them to turn to support for long trades.

Several hrs later…

Last weeks high has seemingly turned to support and triggered my long entry. Target hit for +20

Two chances?
About 2 hours later, price once again tested last weeks high and moved up again off of it by at least 20 pips…would I count that in too?

Last Weeks’ High = 82.78…Resistance turned support
Last Weeks’ Low = 80.51

New Previous Daily High = 83.24
New Previous Daily Low = 82.62…was PDH …resistance turned support too.

Edit:

PDH triggered short - target hit for +20. Price returned to test PDH again and even tho I didn’t have another pending order set, it should count as another shorting opportunity.

2nd short opp at PDH failed for -20 as price broke thru it… However, price is now revisiting PDH… could be turning to support now?..Long entry at PDH…target hit for +20.

Last Weeks’ Low = 80.51

New Previous Daily High = 83.58
New Previous Daily Low = 82.83

Edit:

No trades triggered.

Last Weeks’ Low = 80.51

New Previous Daily High = 83.53
New Previous Daily Low = 83.02

Edit:

Short trade off PDH triggered and failed for -20. Price has broken up through resistance so will be looking for it to possibly become support for a long trade later…

…Price returned to PDH and triggered the long trade…trade still open.

Last Weeks’ Low = 80.51

New Previous Daily High = 83.77
New Previous Daily Low = 83.09

Edit:

Stop was finally hit on yesterdays long off yesterdays PDH of 83.54 for -20.

Results for week #2:

Out of 7 trades that triggered at the daily/weekly high/low areas:
3 positive results
4 negative results

Still not using any other S&R or tools to support the trades…??? I find I want to use other tools & S&R to support the trades but not sure “what” without getting ahead of the exercise.

Now two weeks of applying the same steps to locate potential key areas and setting orders at those areas is easy enough to do. Still fighting the urge to trade “other” methods that I find interesting, but determined not to. Also trying to keep in mind that the positive & negative results are part of some expectancy calculation at the end of this exercise, so not to get discouraged about the higher negative results…I guess.

Sweet…

You are dealing with the difficulty of doing the same thing routinely without regard to profitability. How you as “the Trader” overcome these desires and distractions will impact your consistency as a Trader.

We will cover more on this exercise but you can see the stress it places on undisciplined mindsets already. Stick with it… You’re halfway through it. It will have rewards I promise.

:slight_smile:

2 weeks, 4 weeks, even 10 weeks are nothing if you look for consistency. Even very bright traders who traded 30 and more years face drawdowns over one year. Those periods are there to shake out weak hands.

There is only one of two options: Sticking to a system or gut trading. I’d prefer stick to the system, if it works. Everything else is cowboy (or cowgirl) trading, lol.

I know it’s fun to experiment, but it costs more money in the end and it leads to nowhere. It only makes sense to find a new system. But if you follow ict, you have a system already. No need to experiment. As long as this system works.

The point is: To try new styles might be exciting, but successful trading is nothing romantic, exciting or fun. Successful trading itself is boooooring. You just follow a system, making all the same trades week after week, month after month, year after year and that’s it. If you feel excited, you probably have to pay for it. :wink:

Ha ha, just my opinion, lol. :slight_smile:

Last Weeks’ High = 83.77
Last Weeks’ Low = 82.47…???

New Previous Daily High = 83.63
New Previous Daily Low = 83.12

My pending orders are set.

Edit:

No orders where triggered.

Nice climactic bar then doji to end the up trend, hope you catch your short up there…looks due for a retrace.