Pips of GLORY - Smart Money Trading

Only because you said “for starters”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you posted #11, your daily routine? Your daily routine could be beneficial to those following this thread.

We are only at step 2 right now…and those following this thread who doesn’t know that can refer to this thread…301 Moved Permanently

I appreciate your help.

So I only had 3 trades this week that had at least 2 overlapping levels; 2 winners & 1 loser.

The winners where long trades off the PDL’s that had also been a PDL in the past 3 days. The loser was a short trade off a PDH, that also had been a PDH earlier too.

Had the 2 winners been allowed to run, the profit would have been much greater. Will keep track of that potential over the coming weeks.

The chart has been zoomed out to show the whole week from a 15 min t/f. I’ve circled the 3 trades. The overlapping squares show the sessions per day.

WTG Sweetpip good to see you sticking with it :slight_smile:

Had a pending short order set for last weeks high @ 84.29. Order triggered and hit target for +20

This had a reversal of at least 60 pips, which is around the average daily range.

I’m not really pushing to find a trade everyday but maybe I’m not being picky enough. I placed a pending long at what seemed to be a multiple prior support zone around the 83.40-50 area which also worked the week before…but it failed to hold this time and stop was hit for -20.

Then I placed a short order at that same area to catch if price retests that support area later as resistance…which it did and I’m currently in from 83.42. Trade is currently around +15 so I’m moving my stop to break even. Edit…target hit for +20.

I do like this pattern of a nice rounded bounce…I’ve seen it lots before and it seems to have a high success rate to complete at least to a double bottom if not a break out below that, but I like to trade it at the crest of the fall if I can and here I was able to do that.

Last week did well. Had 4 trades…3 winners, 1 loss.

The first 2 winners and 1 loss was as I described in my prior 2 posts. The last winning trade was a short on Thurs when price was in the area of Mondays’ high. Price tried to break that high on Wed which turned out to be a false breakout although it established a new monthly high by 15 pips, so the risk of it failing again was worth finding out with the 20 pip stop being just above the new high…and the risk paid off with the 20 pip target getting hit.

Very good! WTG… :slight_smile:

Try using previous Session Highs and Lows for Exits now versus standard 20 pip targets… see what that does for you. :wink:

GLGT

I will try that. :slight_smile:

Hope everyone who celebrates it had a great Christmas! Almost the New Year now and I know I’ll be celebrating it without abandon as usual…:smiley:

Then down to business. I’ve started a new demo account for the new year trading the ICT way. I got a new laptop for Christmas which means my hubby can finally have his back…lol…and I didn’t bother copying the old demo account history over to the new machine. I was really pleased with myself for having connected the laptops wirelessly so I could easily transfer over all my indicators, pdfs, music, pics, and what not…so much easier than using disks or other media.

Take care everyone, and to all a great New “Trading” Year!

Julie :slight_smile:

Sweet Pip is that the fxi sessions indicator you are using? What time settings are you using on that?

The one I`m using is called i-Sessions. The time settings, in GMT, are:
AsiaBegin = 00:00
AsiaEnd = 07:00
EurBegin = 07:00
EurEnd = 16:00
USABegin=12:00
USAEnd = 20:00

:slight_smile:

what about the four hours between usa end 20 and asia begin at 00 ?

I don’t think those times are right

It doesnt have a 4th input for then...lol. Besides, Im working at that time so it doesnt much matter to me. That would be the beginning of the New Zealand & Australian sessions which is 21:00 to 07:00, but Im not sure how well the indicator handles the time straddling both sides of 00:00.

:slight_smile:

we must have the same indicator but with a slightly different name because mine is like that also. If I try to set the Asian start time at 21 the color goes crazy all over the screen. so I left the whole Asian session black background color.

thank you for your indsights…

SweetPip I just noticed you are on the front page of TRO’s website. :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting…But like I started to explain to “Peirce”, there is more to it here than that because:
[ul]
[li]We will be concerning ourselves with the trend,
[/li][li]we will be targeting for more than 20 pips,
[/li][li]we may be trading more than one pair,
[/li][li]we will be looking for confluence of other factors at daily/weekly highs & lows…meaning we won’t be trading those levels by themselves when price gets there.
[/li][/ul]

Those generic guidelines were just to reset the mindset and establish a discipline and consistency, then we take it to a whole new level and hopefully trade smarter. :wink:

Hi Sweet! Happy new year.
Just wandering about a bit and came across YOUR thread! Congratulations!
How is life going?
How is your account doing? The current mt4pips is quite “empty”!

Just want to wish you and all your followers a year with plenty of success. Unfortunately, as I saw you referred to another thread (Inner Circle) I was just briefly looking around there and,… man: I’m so glad to be out of all this mess here on the green pages! Always the same story!

I strongly wish you that this one too doesn’t become the usual battlefield.

Many many greetings and again best wishes!

Fabio