PMMFTS Caroline Mbi Ayuk

I’ve just purchased this book by author Caroline Mbi Ayuk, who outlines a simple trading strategy with which she won the FXCM King of the Micro Forex Trading competition back in 2012 (apparently turning $500 into $6000 in a month). I;m applying her strategy and am having some positive results, but was just wondering if any of the readers in this forum have come across this book or trading strategy, and if they have used it with what effect?

Haven’t heard about this one before, maybe i’ll give it a read. Would you consider keeping track of this method and sharing overall results here?

Also, if you think about getting mentioned results, make sure to trade with the money you CAN lose. 1200% a month seems she’s been using extremely aggressive technique. Or got really lucky :slight_smile:

So far, from one week of trading, the account has increased 10%. 6 winning trades and 3 loosing trades.
I’m finding that it really takes discipline to not mess with the trades once you’ve set them. But, so far, so good.

1 Like

Which book is that ? I,m seeing all sorts of books on diverse subjeccts apparently by her, but none mentions winning this competition. :confused:

Its called PMMFTS proven money making forex trading strategy

Thanks for this. Caroline has a couple of charming clips on Youtube, explaining her opening range break-out trades. This is a well known strategy though I’m not a day-trader myself. Whether it makes you a good profit all depends how you can apply it and can you do it consistently by following the rules.

I just purchased this book myself and have just begun trying her system in a demo account.

Hope to go live shortly.

KC

I just got this book. I love it. Honestly one best, well written, right to the point trading books I’ve bought. No hype, no fluff, helps to have little trading experience before reading it. I have very similar strategy using 5/10 instead her 8/10. She uses Williams Fractals I use parabolic sar there both similar in the stop location. I think her real edge is in the 2% risk and 1.5x profit target. This book has a solid strategy. Hard part is not changing it. After reading it I come to conclusion she is right and I need to set a fixed 1.5 x target and not let the trades run like I have been. Sometimes it works great and I catch 400 pip moves but often a 200 pip turns into a 100 pip and stop out. Also key her strategy is running the system on 7-10 pairs. I run it on 10 pairs. Takes me about 30 minutes a day, but I can’t help myself I watch it all day long. I have booked over 2000 pips in last two months using this strategy. I been keeping that quite so I don’t jinx myself!

4 Likes

FA,

I haven’t gone live yet. However sometimes the SL levels seem awfully big. So I understand that would be a key factor in position size in relation to overall acct. % risk.

A similar strategy is the babypips “So Easy it’s Rediculous” (SEIR)strategy.

What I found backtesting both strategies on the same charts that the SEIR 50 day ma would often prevent buying into a trading range or a small trigger on the PMMFTS strategy.

This is how I have been “studying” with both systems.

First I’d bring up a weekly chart and marke S/R lines. Then go to the daily and mark S/R lines in a darker color.

Using MT4, I would go back to Jan. 2016 or 2017 and go a candle at a time on a daily chart looking for the trade triggers, corresponding vol, price action all in relation to the S/R levels.

I have found this to be a tremendous value in improving my chart reading.

The best thing that I like about it is it trades off of the daily chart. Once a day at 5:00 EST check the 10 charts and I’m done.

There’s no rushing or pressure.

I’ll follow-up when I go live. I am sure that will be a completely different story!

KC

That would quickly reverse.

Meant to include that in my response above.

KC

HI frandlost,
i too came across the SIER and PMFTS strategy - i was wondering if you’re still optimistic 7months since your last post on the topic.
i’m considering coding it in MT4 but with a zillion strategies out there i’d like to be discerning as it all takes time
thx

@twingo , liked it.

Still testing different strategies and continuing to learn about Price Action. I’m still a demo acct.

Presently I am testing the strat from @Trendswithbenefits in this thread…

After reading the above thread I would suggested coding for that vs. the PMFTS strat.

That’s my personal opinion based soley on my experience and the the above thread. YMMV.

Good luck! I’d be interested in what you come up with!!

KC

thanks KC, will see how it unfolds