Political Opinion

Make Decisions with the Next Generation in Mind

1 Like

1 Like

How do we fix this problem without blaming

Fixing homelessness is easy with UBI

For the temporary homeless ( do to lost of job ) UBI will give that group the means to not become homeless

for mentally ill , we must provide them the mental health care they need to stay off the streets. Paid for with their UBI money

For the drug attic they can check in to a rehab center paid for by forfeiting their UBI

Then local government must make it illegal to live on the street. ( some tough love here)

It really is not that hard of an issue to fix, but our political leaders lack the back bone to take action, they want a cheap fix all solution that comes from the federal government so they can pass the buck and take no responsibility for their own cities

1 Like

but don 't most homeless get a monthy check not the ones that lost their jobs or the ones that move there and couldn’t get a job?

and what about building section 8 apartmens and charging 35% of their income for rent. i know it’s a very expensive solution but i just seen where California gave 100’ of millions to illegal immigrant that could of went to U.S. Citizens that are homeless to build apartments

i agree only if they provide a list of places you can go or take you there. because what if they really don’t have a place they can go

This is what pisses me off the most, Democrats for purely political reasons will roll out the red carpet for illegals while ignoring the needs of U.S. Citizens

1 Like

You’re wrong there mate ! - Why the hell should I be comitting an offence if I choose to go camping ?

• But more to the point you are looking to send people HERE !

Would you consider UBI a subsidy from the state/gov’t? You’re not a fan of that, so wondering how you approach that distinction?

1 Like

Camping, that is what I will be doing this time tomorrow, but I will be doing it legally and not infringing on the rights of others

Those homeless in California will Sh-t right one the streets, it is a mess

1 Like

Don’t tell me what I am not a fan of, Watch this short video and lets talk, I also started a thread a while back on this subject

I saw this story on The Morning Brew

Canceled. The pipeline’s developer, TC Energy, said yesterday it was pulling the plug on the project after a decade-long game of tug of war over the pipeline’s environmental impact.
Keystone XL wasn’t exactly an active construction site. biden rescinded the pipeline’s construction permit on his first day in office, reflecting his administration’s commitment to fighting climate change.

That is total Bullsh-t , cancelling that pipeline does nothing for climate change, in fact, it will make it worst as bringing that oil to market by other means will leave a much larger carbon footprint. Then there is the 50cents per gallon increase at the pump we in America are paying as a direct result of this action

Conclusion: Everyone is a loser

2 Likes

i’m not familiar with the pipeline, can you tell me what was going on in that decade tug of war, did the company build any of the pipeline and if so wouldn’t they be out a lot of money or did the u.s. goverment payed them as the project went along

Heard that on the radio this morning, Dennis. Said it was totally expected because, as you said,
it was cancelled on the first day of the Biden Presidency.
Was that around the same time he overrode Trump and lifted the sanctions on the Natty Gas pipeline from Russia to Germany?
Boy, sure seems like a lose-lose on those two items. Or a win-win, depending on your perspective, I guess.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Welding is something I have never done, maybe that should go on my bucket list, It would be a good skill to have during the coming Zombie Apocalypses

2 Likes

It’s a great skill for a Man to have ! - You’d get started with something like this - see if you like it - plus a couple of pairs of locking grips to hold the steel in place and an angle grinder for cutting and cleaning the pieces - Plus some old scrap steel - you could knock up a wood gassifier to run your petrol engines off - in no time ! :wink: (JUst to really annoy the “Cars must be electric” fools ! :rofl: )

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: