Political Opinion

Keeping the Balance: What a President Can Do and Cannot Do

A PRESIDENT CAN . . .

• make treaties with the approval of the Senate.
  • veto bills and sign bills.
  • represent our nation in talks with foreign countries.
  • enforce the laws that Congress passes.
  • act as Commander-in-Chief during a war.
  • call out troops to protect our nation against an attack.
  • make suggestions about things that should be new laws.
  • lead his political party.
  • entertain foreign guests.
  • recognize foreign countries.
  • grant pardons.
  • nominate Cabinet members and Supreme Court Justices and other high officials.
  • appoint ambassadors.
  • talk directly to the people about problems.
  • represent the best interest of all the people

A PRESIDENT CANNOT . . .

• make laws.
  • declare war.
  • decide how federal money will be spent.
  • interpret laws.
  • choose Cabinet members or Supreme Court Justices without Senate approval.

Is Congress the highest power?

The Constitution specifically grants Congress its most important power — the authority to make laws. A bill, or proposed law, only becomes a law after both the House of Representatives and the Senate have approved it in the same form.

How much power does a congressman have?

The Constitution grants Congress the sole authority to enact legislation and declare war, the right to confirm or reject many Presidential appointments, and substantial investigative powers.

Does the legislature have more power than the governor?

They also command wide press coverage by virtue of being the leading elected official in their state. Finally, while there are variations in degree across the states, most governors have more power relative to their state legislatures than does the U.S. president relative to the U.S. Congress.

Are humans the creators of their own lives

https://www.hardquestionstoanswer.com

you do know they tried and failed, right

No congress has ever removed a sitting president

Who is Ray Epps?

1 Like

[/quote]

In the bus which plunged 2000 feet down a ravine one woman died due to choking on a peanut !

A LIe by Omission is just as much a LIE as any other form !

And yes I expect you will run away from the proof of Falsehood !

And I note you failed to answer my points b) and C)

In fact you Have yet to comply with even my first demand !

Falstaff going offline

Liable to be 2 - 4 weeks due to ISP cockups

See y’all in a bit !

(It’ll be quite interesting to see how I survive with no Internet ! :rofl:

1 Like

they was about to enact the law to remove trump but trump did the right thing, the power is stil in congress hands

How can Congress limit the influence of the president?

Congress can override a veto by passing the act by a two-thirds vote in both the House and the Senate. (Usually an act is passed with a simple majority.) This check prevents the President from blocking an act when significant support for it exists.

U.S. Constitution, Article II, section 4

The Constitution gives Congress the authority to impeach and remove the President, Vice President, and all federal civil officers for treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.

You have no idea what you are saying

How is Ray Epps ?

Dennis I come bearing gifts

Congress considers invoking 25th Amendment, question whether or not Trump is fit for office

WASHINGTON (WFSB) - Following Wednesday’s violence on Capitol Hill some of the nation’s leaders are discussing invoking the 25th Amendment to remove President Donald Trump from office.

I think that more aptly allies to the current President. I’m sure the House will invoke
any day now…

1 Like

you might be right

• Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

I’m not until the mid-terms.

1 Like

That wickedness or evil takes many forms - division and hatred are it’s path, fear it’s tool.

The author of evil is the father of lies (John 8:44)

2 Likes

does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him.

Denmark: provoking the limits of tolerance

The best reason I have seen yet to defund the police

Shame on you Australia, Shame

You should never defund the police for any reason, whether it suits your agenda or not

Not my agenda, it is Russell Brand’s agenda, if you disagree then address your disagreement to him

If the police have the money to send 5 officers to arrest one lady then that part of their budget needs to be defunded, That is my opinion

The new Commissioner of the FDA, worked for the Big Pharma companies that he now will be regulating

Russell Brand sees a conflict of interest in this appointment,

Do you agree or disagree with Russell

and that was my Opinion :+1: