Political Opinion

hey there is a debt clock for each state, but I’m just gonna use California, what are your points? America was built on debt, are you saying that California is gonna implode, well hold your breath and let’s see if you implode or California first, how many of your assumptions have ever been right?

The same guy who asked a question on a previous topic, how is this bringing us together, but at the same time wishing another state to fall, because of their so-called lefty policies, no American should wish any state to collapse, because those states contributed to America becoming a world-class economy. I suppose they can see only the small picture. The Marjorie Taylor Greene Effect

Marjorie Taylor Greene calls for a ‘national divorce’ between liberal and conservative states

The new world order

TGIF

1 Like

Democratic Presidents Manage the Economy Better Than Republicans

• Ten of the last eleven recessions have occurred under Republican Presidents.
  • Democratic presidents create more than twice as many jobs per year as Republican Presidents.
  • Republican presidents’ deficits are 54% larger than Democrats’ and 65% higher as a percent of GDP.
  • GDP grows 75% faster under Democratic Presidents.
  • Business investment has grown twice as fast under Democratic Presidents than under Republican Presidents.
  • Forbes Guest Post (11/7/16): The Economy Does Better Under The Democrats

http://presidentialdata.org/

U.S. economic performance under Democratic and Republican presidents

Historically, the United States economy has performed better on average under the administration of Democratic presidents than Republican presidents since World War II. The reasons for this are debated, and the observation applies to economic variables including job creation, GDP growth, stock market returns, personal income growth and corporate profits. The unemployment rate has fallen on average under Democratic presidents, while it has risen on average under Republican presidents. Budget deficits relative to the size of the economy were lower on average for Democratic presidents.[1][2] Ten of the eleven U.S. recessions between 1953 and 2020 began under Republican presidents.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._economic_performance_under_Democratic_and_Republican_presidents

I guess I need to hold class here on how “Money Works” and government debt

Presidents do not create debt. that is what congress does

Most of the time we have divided government were the president or at least one house of congress is controlled by the other party.

You can boost about Bill Clinton balancing the budget, but that would be wrong, it was the Republican congress that balanced the budget. Same is true in the 80’s were some blame Ronald Reagan for record high defects but ignore the fact it was a democrat controlled congress that passed those defects.

Judging the US economy based solely on the party that holds the White House is equally wrong. A fare comparison would be the different makeups of the parties holding the House, Senate and WH, where you would have 8 different possible commonation, it would look something like this
RRR
DDD
RDD
DRR
RRD
DRD
RDR
DRD

That is why politically basis ( and lazy) journalist , will ignore congress’s role in deficits and the economy and focus on ( blame) the president.

Okay, class dismissed.

You all have a wonderful thread posting free weekend

Bye Bye

1 Like

Lol - not sure what exactly ‘drivel’ is but at a guess it’s a statement that purports to be true yet impossible to find a shred of truth in.

Bit like this:
“The Law” - does not allow for “Equal treatment” of “White men” !

Have researched the above ‘drivel’ and could not find anywhere in UK law even a mention of white men let alone that they receive unequal treatment under said law.

Now here’s the thing - not drivel - UK Court Judges is 65% male (April 22).

What about the white guys then?

Hmmm… seems non-white have made a huge increase in Judges’ representation over this past 10 years - up from 7% to 10% to be exact.

Happens these stats are 12 months old so maybe there has been a sea change - but somehow i suspect if I were to suggest so it would be rightly described as …drivel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wasn’t you on here blaming Biden for the debt, maybe I’m wrong, I got to check when I get the time

In the U.S. the government keeps statistics on stuff like this, they know the race of the judge and the race of the suspect, they also know the difference in sentences each judge gives each suspect, so the U.S. government statistics show a big difference in the sentences of non-whites, which is why the federal government is talking about criminal justice reform.

An example - you have heard of the Titanic - owned by the White Star Line.

Tomorrow 150 years ago a steel hulled ship, owned by White Star sailed from Europe to America with 1st/2nd class etc - like the Titanic mistakes were made and a tragedy occurred.

All women and children were lost (due to segregation location) - half the passengers were “hurried to eternity” (Canadian Govt).

You haven’t heard of the SS Atlantic "due in part to the White Star Line’s attempts to bury it. The company struck the ship from it’s public records" - UK Daily Mirror newspaper March 31st 2023.

Truth is the opposite of black/white, left/right, Dem/Rep, East/West - it just is.

1 Like

SS Atlantic (1870)

It is good that Govt seeks to reform justice -I’m not familiar with US - but here in NI reform was badly needed back some years.

That reform happened - with the help of some far seeing persons in UK Govt - those same reforms were the foundations on which peace was built.

My prayer for the US is the same - peace within communities.

1 Like

If sentence disparities exist, a reform is certainly necessary

This goes for all racial groups in America, well that is assume to be the idea of America

Ideological doctrine

You know the saddest thing - Capt James Williams decided to head for Canada because he thought they were running out of coal (for the 2 steam engines) - he didn’t know about the reserves.
To have power without knowledge is not good.

1 Like

That is very sad to hear.

1 Like

This law should have never been replace.

Biden could protect student-loan borrowers from being stuck with useless degrees and a lot of debt by bringing back a rule Trump ditched, progressive lawmakers say

When it comes to holding corporations accountable, student-loan borrowers entered the mix. The agenda called for Biden to crack down on predatory for-profit colleges, and doing so included reinstating and bolstering the gainful employment rule — an Obama-era regulation that cut off federal aid for schools that offer career and certificate programs that leave students with excessive student debt compared to their post-graduation earnings.

Former President Donald Trump’s Education Secretary Betsy DeVos repealed the rule in 2019, and lawmakers want Biden to reinstate it as soon as possible.

“The Department of Education should protect students by expediting and strengthening a reinstated Gainful Employment rule,” the lawmakers wrote in CPC’s agenda, adding that the department should also “inform applicants if they are applying to an institution on the low-value college list that risks leaving students with high debt and low earnings prior to administering financial aid.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-could-protect-student-loan-145011775.html

Good Monday morning everyone,

I just listen to another great essay from Academy of Ideas and thought I would share it

If you reject Carl Jung’s work then you are probably the person he is addressing

Freedom is to embrace your own Shadow

1 Like

Thanks for the Link @Dennis3450 - I guess this is why I am drawn so Sir John - as depicted in the works of the Bard. As an aspiration perhaps rather than a reality.

But how could Dr Jekyll embrace Hyde? and how could any practicing (or even non-practicing) "Christian “embrace” his or her own “Shadow” ?

1 Like

Jung was, I believe a Pupil of Freud - but Freud was a “counsellor” in today’s terms - whereas I think Jung was a more Philosophical or “academic” student of the psyche - in saying “Embrace the shadow” he seems to ignore the mechanism for doing so and more to the point the consequences of such action !

Not to detract too much from the clip you posted - and in particular the part saying "make a note of the actions of others which annoy you the most - and look to “projection” within your own mind "!

Peterson is a great admirer of Jung as I recall and I have watched many hours of his stuff in this respect - trouble is again - yes there is probably truth therein - but HOW to “Embrace” it ?"

1 Like

Here’s another thing I came across today - I’m sure we have all heard of this - but here is a deeper view with contemporary parallels !

[Link is green writing]

"What does the Mouse Utopia, behavioral sinks and humanity have in common? - YouTube

1 Like

As a practicing Christian, I would say in that case the “Shadow” is “Sin” We are all sinners and as Christians we confess our sins and try to live as sin free as we can.

On the Jekyll and Hyde front, I might point out what Marvel did with the hulk

Dr Bannon embraced his shadow and we got this, it makes me wonder is someone at Marvel might had once read Jung

An even better example the shadow was from the 1956 movie “Forbidden” planet, in this example Walter Pidgeon’s character denies his shadow and things go bad

1 Like

Big money to Dominion Voting. $800 million!

What do you guys think? Looks like the company was valued at $80 million in 2018. What a pay out.

2 Likes