Political Opinion

only you and your crew :point_down:

Nothing is simple in the US

Oh Bless your heart, did you eat lots of Turkey yesterday

1 Like

alright boys time for me to go have fun, 'its friday enjoy boys and have fun :+1:

Dennis this is the power of marketing - long time ago an old timer told me ’ son there will come a time when they bottle water and sell it to you’

Didn’t think it possible then in Ireland.

2 Likes

No worse than paying for air at the gas station

2 Likes

That’s just their little joke mate :wink: - Now we’re OUT - I can tell you !

EVIAN - NAIVE spelled backwards !

the premis being simply a comment on anyone who is gullible enough to buy water that has been poured into plastic bottled and shipped 5000 miles, when they have perfectly Good water in their own homes !

There are plenty of the dumb soy-boy types who buy it around here as well ! :rofl:

Not really - we get plenty of cheap chickens - mainly from Eastern Europe where the so-called “Welfare Regs” are not enforced so strongly - but hey I’ve had plenty of US chicken when I came to Florida and it was fine. Round us we have loads of “Pretend Welfare” Regs around chickens - so called “Free-Range” is the most ludicrous of all !

Thing is we have an issue with food poisoning and intensively bred chicken does have bacterial issues (fairly low scale) and when I open the instructions it says “DO NOT WASH” - The principle being that the carcass goes whole into the oven and the contaminant bacteria gets cooked to death. The USA chicken has teh bacteria killed by a low intensity chlorine dip - same thing ! BUT I buy chickens and cut them up to make 5 joints and so I’ve spread this hypothetical bacteria all over the kitchen, whereas if I had chlorine dipped - there would be no bacteria !

The funny thing is that these same city dwellers who think chicken is made in plastic bags and chlorine is bad ( Greenpeace actually tried to BAN chlorine - that’s one of teh main reasons Patrick Moore kicked them into touch) - are quite happy to buy their bags of green leaves from Tesco or wherever Which HAVE been Chlorine washed !

It’s just the Loonies at it again mate - If there IS a difference - yours are LESS dangerous than ours ! :rofl:

1 Like

Well, that’s just trading.

We know you’ve got water and you know we’ve got chickens. But hey, that isn’t going to get food on the table is it?
You and me and Falstaff might be the only people on this thread who remember the old Bob Newhart routine about Sir Walter Raleigh wanting to ship a boatload of “leaves” of all things back from the New World to Europe…

2 Likes

The joke here in America has always been how Florida grows Oranges to sell to people in California and California grows Oranges to sell in people in Florida, The strange thing is it’s no joke

2 Likes

That is the defining lack of comprehension of the “r’s” - N’est ce pas ?

Well one suspects that with your claim to fame - your challenge might indeed be onerous - Best of luck mate :slightly_smiling_face:

It is like when I was 5 and I wanted something and my mother’s reply was we don’t have money for that, I would say you can just write a check

Trump-Demanded Wisconsin Recount Boosts Joe Biden’s Victory Margin

1 Like

1 Like

Hey! I’m old!

3 Likes

Some of us have always felt that a valid count is more important than getting Trump reelected.

3 Likes

Sorry, I left you off the little list.
How old do you feel?

1 Like

The Trump campaign wound up spending $3 million to increase Biden’s lead in Wisconsin

1 Like

of course you say that now that your boy lost, if the tables was turn you be saying trump one by a landslide, trump have never one the popular vote but for some reason the electoral college went against the grain the a 2nd time in history to elect trump

Letters to the Editor: If the electoral college couldn’t prevent a Trump presidency, what good is it?