POLL QUESTION: Do you think 2021 will be a better or worse year than 2020?

Economically worse but better overall

1 Like

We all need this :joy:

5 Likes

Ask me after the November elections

2 Likes

I’m hopeful that 2021 will be a much better year.

I’m looking forward to the day when I can watch a t.v. newscast without once hearing the words
Covid 19, or Joe Biden.

2 Likes

I believe early 2021 will be tougher than 2020… Mortgage holidays will have ended… Governments will be struggling to continue subsidising unemployment… the lagging disaster will be property… the contagion will be in full effect in the Housing markets. Banks, having the largest exposure to this market will be forced to refrain from lending… Mortgage, Loan defaults and runs on Bank deposits caused by low or 0% interest rates will more than likely initiate a serious credit crisis (as happened in 2009).

So many businesses are being decimated by lockdowns, social distancing, travel bans… a large percentage which can be classified as “Zombie Businesses”… only held afloat by Government subsidies and benefits which will collapse when these are removed.

Toward the end of 2021, economic growth should start to accelerate… A new wave of startups and business owners will appear… people that haven’t been financially destroyed by the lockdowns, unemployment etc… Opportunities open to enterprises that will fill the void left by businesses that no longer exist.

A view from afar… Trump winning a second term in November will more than likely embrazen Democrat Party followers to continue or escalate current civil unrest in cities across the US… Politics in the US has become such a divisive topic, it’s tearing society in these cities apart…

And I haven’t even covered the aggression shown by China against HK and covertly Taiwan.

1 Like

Kaiju are comeowing out for sure

1 Like

Haha I like how you guys took this to a whole 'nother level!

This is what I’m wary of as well. Social unrest is what could potentially make 2021 worse.

2 Likes

Glad to see a lot of us are staying optimistic!

Poll Results 08182020

1 Like

Optimistic is the perfect word. Not good to use positive these days. :joy:

3 Likes

Oh nyuuuuu! :scream_cat: :scream_cat::scream_cat:
We must build Jaegers asap! :scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat:

True! “Positive” is the most “Negative” word of 2020. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

After all this time both UK and USA are still bumbling along without any clear strategy to overcome the virus or to reset the economy and start paying back the massive debt that has been incurred by their mishandling of the whole thing. Combine this with tariff barriers created by Trump in the USA and the impending effects of Brexit in the UK I see no real stability until at least 2022

Let us deal with the upcoming US elections first. :woozy_face:

I want to be optimistic about this. I am expecting 2021 to be a year that shows the world how to heal and get back to normal.

1 Like

2021 would be a better year,I mean come on we didn’t see 2020 pandemic coming and we av had a whole year to plan for a better future so far.
So yea,in optimism it’s definitely gonna be GREAT!!!.

1 Like

I would like so much to be optimistic, but I think that in these times it is better to be realistic. As for this virus thing, I think that it will be better. But, in economic terms, I think that 2021 is going to be extremely hard year, as many businesses will go bust and many people will be left without a job.

1 Like

2020 was great for me personally.

1 Like

2021 will surely be better. Stay positive and motivated guys. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Glad to see everyone maintaining that optimism cause we sure need it!

1 Like

A lot of memers will be disappointed if 2021 turns out to be better than 2020!