Practicalities and Philosophies of Successful Trading by Goldenmember

I have to give a big ups to this thread and props to goldenmember. Amazed on not only the content but the structure of the content as well, you are a very intelligent person. I have not had a good read like this in a while, and this might actually be one of the best things I have found in a forum, as a matter of fact I’ve learned to stay away from pretty much any forums, but having said that its funny to see other threads that claim these sytems with all these bells and whistles and are sometimes hundreds to thousands of pages long, yet some of the best information is found on 14 pages in this thread. That definitely to me can explain part of the success/fail rate in this business and how traders have the wrong perception. I’ve only started to view the markets in the same and has it ever opened up my eyes. Thing was I always had the information I just didn’t know how to piece it all together. Its really gratifying and justifying to know that I’ve been putting it together is similar to the way someone successul and intelligent does it.

You said something about talkingforex giving out a bad headline, do you still use a squawk after this?
Not sure if I missed it maybe its in an earlier post but could you post a link to your myfxbook

as for your 2Q’s

1. I’ve only invested my learning in currency market so far, I do plan on diversifying with other markets, just don’t know where and when to start, maybe you could point a direction?
  2. I know nobody in real life other than my online contacts that are traders. It is a lonely venture. It does and does not matter to me, does- because sometimes I would like to conversate about the topic, sometimes I still try to people that have no knowledge about the market and it just confusing for them and even me sometimes. Doesn’t- because I like to be independant, I’ve come to realize that most of my ways have come because i’ve made it that way and I can be really stubborn and sometimes not want to hear what anybody else says.

Although this thread is a little old, I would love to read more in this thread.

ETFs look good to me.

Any updates, goldenmember?

Kevin, maybe golden has another name, I mentioned back 2 years ago, on post 122, that he is (was) now commercial.

Back in June 2014 was offering a pamm, also a re-brand to tigris, so, in his own words, the empty myfxb golden part is now tigris, which sadly is also flat.

Whatever the reasons, golden’s input was good, but this is a hard business, there is zero room for rose tinted glasses.

Btw, @Kevin, I’m not preaching to the converted, post is directed to the many lurkers/learners, the warning is simple - always do the due diligence - and be cynical as hell :slight_smile:

goldenmember’s Profile | Myfxbook

Tigris Equity (under icpamm) System by TigrisEquity | Myfxbook

^ It’s quite unfortunate. His website is down, so I wonder what happened? I don’t see how he could’ve blown himself up. Maybe he was involved with the CHF during Jan 15. :stuck_out_tongue: