Preferable traded per day

Hi Everyone.

I don’t know if I have a problem or not. I keep seeing and trading opportunities/trading setups. Usually, I would take about +/- 5 trades, then I would lose them all or break even.
I feel that I should stick to 1 or two trades day but, I find myself trading more. What is wrong with me. What can I do?

Hi @D_Mongz make and evaluate backtest, maybe you can improve strategy to get better results. Regards Greg

1 Like

your strategies are not on target, to do that you need to focus more on demo first

1 Like

I am on Demo

You are experiencing FOMO - fear of missing out. Your Forex education requires three traits. Initiative (which you have), and patience (which you may not have) and I will leave you to read and discover the third. Just tell yourself you will not make more than two trades per period (I say period, because you did not say whether you are a scalper, day trader, intraday trader or long term positional trader). Just force yourself to avoid viewing a screen for 20 hours after you have placed your second trade, and see if you can stick to your own rules. It’s like eating a bag of candies … just one more won’t hurt! :yum:

You need to let go of emotions first. And the risk ratio has to be maintained. The loss will be normal, you have to learn from that loss and develop skills.

1 Like

Developing skills needs to be the main target of a trader. Learning from mistakes is a part of developing skills.

1 Like

for any kinds of trader above all beginners level demo is really important , but according to me demos experience not works when trading in a real account , so sometimes it is more appropriate to trade in a micro account.

1 Like

focus on trading , just never feel there is no real money , maximum traders do that , its a psychological mistake , just move on. happy trading.

1 Like

Sounds like FOMO. Only you can stop it, just limit yourself.

1 Like

Eish! That ne!
Your are correct. But its hard to leave a possibly good trade to pass by. :smiley:

Please take this constructively. I think you are gambling. By saying “a possibly good trade” your mindset is on “Hopium” where you are hoping it will be a good trade. But if you find so many possibly good trades, try to find a way of quantifying which are the best two from all of them, and just place the two. You can do this by backtesting all your possibly good trades and finding out which ones were the most successful and which were horrors. If you do this for 100 trades you should start to see a pattern. This game is a lot about keeping boring habits and doing the same thing over and over again to the same plan, and not about succumbing to every possibly good trade.

If you can master this overtrading desire you will be well on the way to making money.

1 Like

The advice was well taken
Thank you :pray:.