Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

Hey, thanks for your response… I’m a bit confused by the way interest is calculated. Can you explain that?

Thanks in advance.

My mistake, I’m short G/A.

Nice work DnB - I’m looking forward to trying this out.

I have short orders for EURUSD - nice beeb off of a great level that also matches 38.2 fib, with trend and price is perfectly inbetween the MAs. I have placed stop just above the previous candle high which is also the 38.2 level and so can comfortably get 2:1 from the recent low and planning to move to b/e at 1:1

Can I ask what win percentage people typically achieve using this Price Action method?

I have short orders for EURUSD - nice beeb off of a great level that also matches 38.2 fib, with trend and price is perfectly inbetween the MAs. I have placed stop just above the previous candle high which is also the 38.2 level and so can comfortably get 2:1 from the recent low and planning to move to b/e at 1:1

Nice one, just waiting to see price wipe out this setup low for a trigger personally.

Can I ask what win percentage people typically achieve using this Price Action method?

Personally, I have a 65% win ratio happening this year. Keeping the losing trades small and the winning trade large using positive risk/return ratio.

65% with minimum 1:3 R:R!!! You must be floating in pips!!!:smiley:

Yes I have that too and hasnt been triggered yet, I really dont like the big bullish bar that has immediately followed. What are your thoughts about it?

EURUSD Daily

Yes, the bearish outside bar setup never broke down below the low so the setup was never confirmed. Now we’ve got a large inside bar which looks pretty bullish. Notice how momentum has been up the last two weeks or so, and now price is respecting the EMA’s as dynamic support. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this market trend higher.

Hi DnB,

Now the EURUSD has formed the IB just below the resistance @1.2680ish, so the break of the low of IB @1.2565 will be a good shorting entry. However, the break above the high of IB @1.2680 will trigger the long entry.

Indeed, the EJ also has the similar setup.

Regards,
Toyogo

Ok im glad this has come up because its been something I have been meaning to ask for a while. Yes the very recent momentum is up, but the medium term is very much down as is the long term. The price is at a very important level as can be seen by the fairly recent swing low and also if you zoom right out it has been tested multiple times previously. The MAs as also still negative and it seems like a perfect area for a pull back to get back into the longer term down trend.

However I have noticed that you usually zoom right into the chart and use levels and trends from very recently rather than looking at the ‘bigger picture’. This obviously works well for you but could you please discuss…

Cheers

Hi DnB,

1. Do you think the break of IB @1.2400 for EURAUD will be a good short setup for continuous down trend?

2. Similarly, do you think the break of IB @0.9676 for AUDCHF and @1.0387 for AUDCAD will be a good long setup for continuous up trend?

Regards,
Toyogo

EURAUD

AUDCHF

AUDCAD

All these Inside bars are sitting at an extended distance away from the mean value. Really you only want to take breakouts from Indecision days and Inside Days when they are close to the mean in a trending market.

Think about this for a minute… If price break’s out in your favor on these signals, how far do you really expect it to continue moving before the market corrects itself, in other words you’re playing with the odds against you because we know that the market doesn’t just move in one straight single line, it is constantly correcting itself, zig zagging it’s way up or down (in trending conditions). So why not wait for that correction first, then start looking for signals!

However I have noticed that you usually zoom right into the chart and use levels and trends from very recently rather than looking at the ‘bigger picture’. This obviously works well for you but could you please discuss…

I use the most recent S/R that price has been respecting and reacting with, this way I stay in tune with the current market. I am not interested in a support level from 6 months ago, unless price is currently respecting it. If you wanted to draw every single S/R line on your chart, marking them all with black lines for example, then you’re screen would have so much black on it that you wouldn’t be able to see what’s going on underneath it :P. You can literally place a line anywhere on the chart and pretty much be guaranteed that it was S/R somewhere down the line lol.

I don’t ignore major levels, but unless they have been significant on lets say the weekly or monthly then I just let the recent price movements show me where the near term S/R important levels are.

Check out this setup on Gold, the Bullish rejection straight off mean value.

I know a lot of you guys are going to be thinking but wait! what? there is resistance straight above!

Yes there is, lets step back and take a look at a few other things. First the momentum is up, momentum has been bullish ever since that bounce off the weekly/monthly support level around 1530

Notice also how every time the market has tried to push back down lower, the move was rejected and price was push straight back up!

Price is now wedged between the EMAs and this resistance level, with the evidence of strong bullish pressure here I could easily see a breakout!

Keeping in mind nothing is certain in the market and price could easily fall straight off this resistance level, since price is wedged between 2 places here, a breakout in one direction is most likely to occur, I think the odds are in favor for a bullish breakout, this is my view on this chart at the moment.

Sorry to tease you guys in the US who can’t trade the commodities !

Hi DnB,

Thank for your analysis. The UJ has IB just below the resistance @ 79.14. Do you think it is a good short setup below the low of IB @ 78.80?

Regards,
Toyogo

I just put a post up about UJ on the site lol

Momentum is clearly down, price is close to the Mean Value so a break of the lows could see price travel down lower. I would say all the boxes are ticked here, so this setup has the odds working in favor for a bearish breakout :slight_smile:

Unfortunately this Gold setup was wiped out, price didn’t have any bullish follow through to take out the resistance above, that’s a wipe for me.

I liked your analysis of gold, was a shame. I sold USDJPY, but now seems less bearish!

The Markets are giving us a hard time this session, Welcome to Forex enjoy your stay!

Heya DnB,

thanks for your charts.

I have a few questions if you don’t mind on the gold trade loss just in last few days.

Is the candle you called a Pin bar actually not an inverted Pin Bar or a signal to short instead of long? Is it what other call a hanging man to go short from resistance? I am confused on this one and would love any help from anyone.

The last question I have is about that resistance level. Do you quite often take entries like here and hope the resistance level will break? In other words of the trade ticks the boxes for you it doesn’t matter if price is running into a supply and demand level you will just hope for it to break?

I hope this make sense. Thanks again for all your charts and posts!

Gabby