Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

alienweeed …
just curious…which way do you expect price to move with the AJ the inside bar?
up or down ?

Hi Brinkfx,

see chart, if the res turns support hold, then the break of IB high will be a A+ long setup.

Regards,
Toyogo

right …i see what you mean…but bottom line is it could take days to get to resistance (we are far off right now)then it may turn…or it may go through.

i dont actually consider this a trade set up by a long shot…well see when it reaches the line of resistacne …see how it looks then…(if it reaches the line of reisstance)…probably gonna go south first.

anyway…thanks for shedding some light on the matter.
good luck…

Hi Evermore,

If you have a deep pockets, why not! LOL!

I normally only enter one trade at a time until it is at least break even or in the profit. For example, I’ve entered AUDCHF (instead of EURAUD) yesterday and I’ve moved my SL at break even now. Thus I’m today looking into entering the AUDJPY…

Regards,
Toyogo

Im with Toyogo00 here. We have an IB near resistance turned support, soooo… a break of the highs could push price higher, and we are trading with the recent uptrend.

Do you consider advisable to have both a short position on EUR/AUD and a long one on AUD/JPY at the same time?

I would of only opened one position personally. Unless one of them was already a break even trade then you opened another. Not two trades at once with risk of being stopped out.

Looking at this NZDUSD Inside Bar, it’s my favorite for the day…

Also this AUDNZD looks like a nice setup

Remember that GBPAUD short trade that I posted, it’s FINALLY broke down and sold off, I hate it when trades don’t play nice. This one nearly stopped me out, probably only had 1 pip to spare before it wiped me.

@DnB

How much do you risk per trade? Considering this system provide large stops and often takes days to offer a signal…

Sorry for the silly question.

Also, what do you think of this.

@DnB

How much do you risk per trade? Considering this system provide large stops and often takes days to offer a signal…

Sorry for the silly question.

I risk 2% per trade, stop sizes don’t bother me because what ever the stop loss size is, I calculate the lot size to suit.

That IB looks interesting, price getting squeezed up there, possible bullish breakout if the highs get broken.

Nicely done with your gbp/ aud trade, and thanks for the response. BTW, you never gave your thoughts on the IB ON AUD/JPY from yesterday. I actually took it. Let me know.

Nicely done with your gbp/ aud trade, and thanks for the response. BTW, you never gave your thoughts on the IB ON AUD/JPY from yesterday. I actually took it. Let me know.

It looks good man, there is a lot of pretty heavy news this session, it could create some serious price movements.

@DnB

I am still in on EURAUD and AUDCHF and moved SL to BE… Now there will probably be a little rejection maybe… Would you exit now or let it run?

What are you doing?

Hi aserafino,

EURAUD is an opposite of AUDCHF, thus you should only select one. I selected AUDCHF for long @0.9625 and I took half profit @0.9740, moved the SL to 0.9650.

Regards,
Toyogo

Reffering to #134 post.

This is an old post, i know, but i was reading whole thread and stopped here. Why didn’t u enter at the first candle with the big tail? But waited till there is another one and only then entered? Can u explain this please? :slight_smile: Wasn’t it a good situation already before the second candle with the big tail appeared?

I don’t remember that trade FaRs, so I can’t answer that question, can you post a pic to remind me.

I don’t see any IB on my charts :frowning:

Can’t post pics yet, got 4 posts now only. Just look at #134 post of yours if u can please. It’s on 14th page. :slight_smile:

And one more question - is the candle an [B][U]inside candle[/U][/B] if it’s low/high, doesn’t matter, is the same as the previous candle’s low/high or the shadows must be smaller so the candle’s low/high is smaller than the previous candle’s low/high?

Hi FaRS,
see chart for explanation.

Regards,
Toyogo

Thanks Toyo, did that answer your question fars

And one more question - is the candle an inside candle if it’s low/high, doesn’t matter, is the same as the previous candle’s low/high or the shadows must be smaller so the candle’s low/high is smaller than the previous candle’s low/high?

An inside bar is if the high and low and within the previous candle’s high an low. If one of the highs or low are exactly the same as the previous candle I would say that is still valid.