Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

lol, good for all of you, Im short E/A which is almost the same.

Hopefully these trades will continue to sell off as we move into London/NY. That would be a nice finish for the week :slight_smile:

I’m assuming you are referring to the EURAUD. That trade wouldn’t have worked out as China just rleased very bade trade balance numbers and the AUD tumbled as a result.

I appreciate the thread and the system. I have recently changed schedules at my job, so a daily chart is what I need to learn how to trade well. Thanks for all the info!

I’m assuming you are referring to the EURAUD. That trade wouldn’t have worked out as China just rleased very bade trade balance numbers and the AUD tumbled as a result.

It’s only the news right? Price action will point us in the right direction. Mixing price action and news never did me any favors.

I appreciate the thread and the system. I have recently changed schedules at my job, so a daily chart is what I need to learn how to trade well. Thanks for all the info!

It’s much more relaxing trading from the Daily isn’t it.

EUR/AUD Short
Opinions on this one, DnB?

Here my analysis:

What do you think DnB? Which looks best?

EUR/AUD Short
Opinions on this one, DnB?

Evermore, not sure about that one, since it is resting on support that as already been tested recently. I think if you’re not short on that on already it would be a little on the risk side to enter now. See what happens with Monday’s price action, if it retraces up during the Asian session then breaks down past the lows come into London, then that would be more attractive. My whole point is, don’t short that bad boy if it breaks down past the lows during early Asia.

aserafino good analysis, essentially there you’re looking at AUD and NZD bullish signals. Since AUD and NZD move in the same general direction it would be best just to pick one setup that you’re happy with instead of trying to trade them all. If you want my personal opinion, I think AUDUSD looks like the strongest setup there,

NZDJPY has bearish tone to the close of the signal candle.

AUDCAD has been bearish for the whole week and is closing on the edge of the bearish side of the mean.

NZDUSD looks good but I think AUDUSD its the strongest setup for me because it has been consistently strong, keeping afloat above the trend mean value and showing little weakness. I actually already done a blog post on AU.

Aserafino, great analysis. Do you mind me asking what the entry indicator is called that you are using and where I might find it? It looks like a neat tool to visually see very quickly where the R:R is.

Thanks

That’s not an indicator, he has just modified the fibonacci levels. Which is exactly what I’ve done, it helps to quickly visually identify the risk/return potential of a trade.

aserafino is on the ball.

Thanks DnB :slight_smile:

First draw a simple Fibonacci Line on your chart. Then you see the standard levels (31.8, 50.0 etc…)
Go to settings and then you must delete them all. After you begin with Level 0 which is the SL. On the description you can type “SL - %$” without quotes!

Then you continue with 1 which is your entry. Description: “Entry %$”
After entry then you type number 2 with “1:1 %$” and continue like this.

Hope this helps.

The AUSUSD signal from Friday’s close doesn’t look like it is going to work out, the sentiment has changed for the as the new trading week opened and now price does look heavy on the bearish side, it will probably break the lows and trigger a sell off. This is the annoying thing about good end-of-week signals, things can change over the weekend and mess up Monday’s price action. hmmmf.

Just watching the trading today I am noticing quite a bit of selling when other currencies like the Euro are going up.

Don’t know if there’s anything to it but yes it looks weak to me as well.

What I find with Friday signals is they are much harder to trade. It’s like the market ‘resets’ over the weekend and when the market opens for the next week the sentiment can change quickly. Although there was a nice signal on Friday, the gap over the weekend has upset the flow of price and can cause havoc on Fridays signal. If positions aren’t well into profit I try not to hold them over the weekend for this reason.

I don’t think there are any price action signals in the EURAUD cross but similar to the AUDUSD the 1hr chart shows weakness in the AUD with the EURAUD pair all of a sudden showing strength. Having said that, major resistance is being test at this moment so it still could fall back again.

EURAUD does look like it has double bottom’d out there on the daily chart, might be time for a very overdue correction, or even a complete change may develop.

Agree with DnB…also might be a sign for correction on aussie after rallying without retrace from 1.015 ,much better if we start to have bearish candle at weekly…Good Luck !!

hi dnb
you have discussed about audjpy inside bar trade,but it made a breakout in asian session and failed.are you take trade if its happen in asia breakout,

No Vasude, I no not like to take early Asian breakouts. Also the USD/JPY has been extremely choppy which has affected all the Yen pairs. I was more interested in the AUDUSD setup which doesn’t look like will work out. Too much sideways movement going on, I hate it!

Hello, I guess if we are placing entry orders we are to wait till the end of the asian session? I read the price action protocol (rather quickly, Im going to read it again) and it seems you always avoid asian sessions? So I guess it isn’t wise to place an entry order till around 9 cst?