Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

What’s peoples view on the AUD/USD. It printed a pin bar rejecting prices below the EMAs however the weekly chart is looking bearish?

Hasn’t closed yet but near enough l guess!

Chart please!

how do we get chart pictures into the forum? The AUD/USD made a pin bar yesterday and broke that pin bars high today.

Here’s the chart

This one below was incorrect. Please ignore.

thats the chart. thank you speculation. Ye so the pin bar yesterday was resting on the EMAs. Only a small pin bar with a rejection of lower prices. I took the break high and went long however. Im starting to think the trade might be a dud and the trend is coming to an end. It looks like a evening star pattern is going to form on the weekly chart also. Well got to trade my plan and stick to my stop. candle by candle.

I think Graham already mention how hard it is to read the market at this moment. Looking at fundamentals it’s also very uncertain. With the possibilty of QE anything could happen. Just the anticipation seems to be propping up equity markets.

Anyway, the set up is there so we’ll no doubt see how it turns out.

Tom

I think the AUD/CAD is going to be good for a short once it corrects and gives us a price action set up. the pair is selling off heavily and it has far to fall until it comes into weekly support

If you are using MT4, right click on your chart and the menu lets you save chart as a picture to your computer and then the icon third from right on the reply box on this forum lets you upload it.Not difficult once you get the hang of it.

Well l know traders who like double pins and it is sitting on a Big Round Number (BRN) and it may well go up but its not for me. Both pins are relatively small when you look back over the trend and see the other previous pullbacks where you have much larger bullish candles which move price back into the trend.As you said weekly momentum is down and like l said yesterday l think price could fall to the bottom of the channel before coming back up to form a double top.

Not a strong enough trade for me but that’s not say it might not shoot off north…just sticking to my rules!

Micheal ji. What boxes would you look to have ticked before opening a trade then?

Matt, without writing out my whole trading plan in detail on this chart l would just say a deeper pullback to match the previous pullbacks and a stonger/bigger/more impulsive reversal candle.
This isn’t to say l am right about this trade, its just that you have to have a plan and stick to it.l’ve been tempted in to trades that don’t fit my plan so many times and l usually regretted it!
To sum up, perhaps its best to say l am looking for A+ trades, ones that stick out like a sore thumb! After, if we are going to risk money it better be a great looking trade not an average one imo!

I think the strength in using price action analysis is that it tends to work out half(or more than that) of the time - so it’s important for you to follow what your system tells you instead of speculating which trades will work out! Avoid early Asian breakouts like what DnB said and you should have the odds in your favour :slight_smile:

Happy pipping to all!

Speaking of Asian breaks…

This is AUDUSD trade I went long on, I am OUT. I don’t like that break high real early and now look at price caving in. It’s spooked me out of the trade.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed and staying with this one because I got in from a retracement entry at a good price so I’ll just my stop do its job :slight_smile:

may we all be profitable in our trades.

im long on the aud/usd. Im believing it will retrace and come back strong. I had an entry order that triggered around noon.

may be the bad data triggered stop,so the trade in yesterday in ny session,its a continuation trade but today unfortunately failed.

I am out ofAUD/USD also. Its too soon to call the start of a bear trend but the way the AUD/CAD is going to the AUD/USD could be ready to follow.

How many trades per month are you guys doing then? What sort of average risk reward are you getting? I am only achieving 1:2 most the time I want to get up to 3:1 and need to up my W:L to 50%. need to be more selective in my trades and not try to make a trade out of an average setup I suppose. I am a good rule follower but I find it hard to define a top price action set up into a list of rules :frowning:

Hello guys.

What do you think about this triangle break on usd/chf? I’m just waiting for the candle to close to enter short.

Good luck trading to everyone

Hi PFCJ,

From what l can see your chart/trade is a 4hr one, which we don’t trade on this thread only Dailies here!

Also, l think you would need extremely strong reasons to just trade a break out of a triangle on any timeframe given there are SO many false break-outs. Why not wait for a Break-out Re-test, or is that your plan?

all the best!