Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

Yeah it’s slow stochastic.

last week a indecision candle and pin bar candle formed in usdjpy eurjpy i missed the trade because of recent job ,and i fired from hedge fund on friday because of trading in daily timeframe and online tharptest

Hello everyone, sweet Entry was triggered today on USDCHF. Rejection candle on R+mean value. The background is quite bullish, althought the retest of the R with a PB after the breakout below + 2 pinbars in a row made me enter this one

What do you guys think? :slight_smile:

hi dnb,

gbp aud short oppurtunity with an inside bar what do u say?

GBP/AUD - price is on a main trendline on the daily and 4hr. If it bounces it will go long. You have a higher high and higher low on the 4r and daily too. I would wait for it to either bounce or break the trendline. Just a thought:)

Update on USDCHF

this week i am frustrated getting early breakouts… aud/chf not worked and others worked ,only gold trade is good one.

One question please: if you don’t have an oscillator charted, how do you evaluate an overbought/oversold situation ? Or you don’t care?
Thanks

I dont think they care. During a strong trend most oscillators will stay in the OB/OS area anyway rendering them pretty much useless in alot of situations.

in my experience, the oscillators are more accurate on smaller time frames (15 minute and smaller), and this thread concentrates on daily charts only

As a member of the DnB team, I’d like to take a moment to clarify the issue of extremes in the marketplace…
the terms ‘overbought’ and ‘oversold’ themselves are erroneous statements; they should be “overbought in comparison to…”. In our case(at least in mine; I’m not entirely sure how Blackmore handles his ‘overbought/sold’ scenarios’), an overextended scenario is one where price has moved an aggressive amount away from our standard MAs. There are no specific criteria; the existence of over-extension in relation to previous prices is more of a matter of fact in markets rather than an exploitable behavior. If we observe a harsh drop in price over time, we can expect a retrace shortly thereafter. At the heart of it all, the entire market is made up of oscillations.

Long rambling story short: overbought/sold conditions are variable and ever-changing; we do our best to do the same. Using an oscillating indicator would accomplish the exact opposite of that.

Have the details of this trading methodology been detailed in any documents available for download? Thanks, guys.

I’m pretty sure you can find everything in this handy dandy thread that you’ve just posted in :smiley:

No, wait… It IS all in there. Uh… somewhere.

Sorry, I’ve been at this for over three years now and have seen far too many endless threadnaughts that end up being absolutely worthless to drag myself through 140 pages here with no indication of quality. If no one has even a summary of the strategy in question, that pretty much tells me everything I need to know about this one.

theres a book you can purchase called the price action protocol. Its at DNB’s website

Hey Merchantprince it’s been a long time, good to see you.

If your looking for a straightforward easy to follow strat based around daily candles you should take the time to read through the thread. IMO these guys are the real deal, two EMAs, some simple candle patterns, a few S/R lines and proper risk reward set-ups, what more could an old-time trader need! :wink:

I’ve also purchased their price action material from their web site, and again it’s good straightforward no “BS” information. Now you might ask if I use their methods? I would if I was trading the daily time frame, but my recent trading preference is based on the 4 & 1 hour charts. Almost everyday I stop in and lurk the thread and see how when the market gives them some good price action they have to tools to get some pips.

Good to see you around and hope things are working out for you. I miss the old bolls bands & MA gang, I learnt a lot from those guys, a few good laughs too!

*35 pages. :smiley:

What kind of trading are you doing on H1/4? I haven’t been able peel myself away from clunking around on the M15 charts lately, but I’m definitely out of my element; intraday trading is one of those things I just don’t have the energy for anymore. I’m finding I’m napping through most of my trade signals.

so anytrade you took today like eurusd or gbpusd

Scotch,

I trade the same basic concept as presented on this thread. First identify a clear and obvious trend using a few simple tools. Then position yourself to buy pullbacks or sell rallies in the direction of the confirmed trend. That simple concept seems to work across all time frames, doesn’t it! :smiley:

My favorite tools for determining trend direction are the previous week’s candle, previous day’s candle and the angle of the 60 period simple moving average on the 4-hour charts.

Coincidentally the angle of the 60 SMA on the 4-hour usually runs surprisingly close to the 10 EMA on the daily used by dnb on this thread. (when dnb started this thread that little coincidence caught my attention keeping the thread on my radar)

Depending on my sleep schedule I’ll enter trades on either 4-hour, 1-hour or 15m&5m candles.

I’m a bit short on time but later today I’ll post & explain how I use the dnb methods as a reference for my shorter time frame trades. And why I gave this thread a strong endorsement to my old friend Merchantprince.