Price Action, Candlesticks, and the Story They Tell

When that happens i’ll be ready to go with you, i’ll pay for the fuel .:35:

Welcome Donsls,

It’s good that you’re embracing price action trading. It really is the best way to approach the markets.

If everything goes well, I am hoping to retire from my full time job, and buy a private jet to go places by the end of 2014

Well, it’s good to set goals isn’t it :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, could someone have a look at the following daily chart (USD CHF) and tell me whether it is a correct signal? Blue line is the entry. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is actually our chart of the day in the war room. It’s a nice area to sell from but because the candle is small in range it’s best to take breakouts of the lows for that extra confirmation as you’ve suggested. Remember it’s NFP tomorrow so use proper risk management as volatility is expected to spike at the start of the New York session tomorrow.

Also there is a double bearish rejection candle setup on the AUDNZD daily chart…

It looks like the market wants to move down lower here and retest that monthly support level. Keep your eyes pealed here as this monthly support is very significant. It’s a good place to watch for strong bullish price action signals.

lately audnzd is interesting ,price rejecting from ema ,now its coming down for a breakout trap and reverse trade

The power of price action

once again oil hits weekly levels producing huge pin bar,it came down nicely .

Your comments are appreciated on the following EUR AUD Daily chart. Possible to go long?

Donsis is a very sideways market at the movement, so it’s risky territory to take anything in this market at the moment. This rejection candle didn’t form at any strong levels so no I don’t think the probabilities are in favor here.

The AUD has produced some interesting price action at the end last week’s trading from the NFP release…

Check out the AUDUSD…

The AUDUSD has rejected moves higher past this strong resistance level and close back lower. The AUD market is a bit sideways here as well but at least we’ve got a strong candlestick signal and a key level to build value into the trade. The AUD and NZD bears seems to have really shown their cards at the end of last week.

There is also a nice swing setup on the AUDNZD as well,.

very useful topic
thank you

Hi DnB,
Thanks for your response. In my case the rejection happened at the daily SR level of 1.5228. This is why I thought of going long on this. What are the strong levels that you consider for this pair. However, I do agree 100% that the market is sideways for this pair.
I missed that point.

The setup took off pretty quickly at the market open. Just waiting for a second opportunity to grab a retracement entry on any intraday retracements in the next few sessions.

I’ve been on this trade since the first pin bar signal on the 1st week of feb. Took half profit at 1:3, leaving the other half to run. Entered half again at this pin signal and the trade has kicked per the break of the pin low. Hope this will tank very soon.
Price action protocol has really put me where i am today in my trading experience with lot of practice, commitment, dedication and patience.
New traders should check it out, lot of new things to learn there.

I’ve been on this trade since the first pin bar signal on the 1st week of feb. Took half profit at 1:3, leaving the other half to run. Entered half again at this pin signal and the trade has kicked per the break of the pin low. Hope this will tank very soon.
Price action protocol has really put me where i am today in my trading experience with lot of practice, commitment, dedication and patience.

New traders should check it out, lot of new things to learn there.

Thank you Esosa for the positive feedback.

Good luck with your trade here, sounds like you’ve nailed this pair.

Thanks sensei.
We’re taking this pair down, Lo.

Thanks sensei.
We’re taking this pair down, Lo.
With the weekly in a bearish drive, hopefully the daily will follow suite and maybe i can get my first beach house, hahaha

Opened a short trade on aud usd

cad jpy - looks good for a short trade ? Not sure whether we consider this pair to be going sideways. How do we confirm that the market is sideways?

cad jpy - looks good for a short trade ? Not sure whether we consider this pair to be going sideways. How do we confirm that the market is sideways?

Can you please explain why you think it’s a good short trade.

Sorry my bad. Got mixed up with another method that I am testing.

Appreciate your comments on the following.

eur usd

usd chf

Potential short opportunity on the eurusd, but we really need to see some bearish response this session otherwise the setup probably won’t work out. USDCHF is generally just the opposite of EURUSD these day and they just mirror image one another.

EUR/USD

Has a potential to move lower due to signs of higher prices rejection.
But i skiped that signal because it’s not convincing enough to swim against the tide. Waiting for a bulish signal to go long.

Am also keeping an eye on GBPUSD at the hot spot for bullish signal. Can’t throw up a chart now, am on the go.

Watching gold this session as an early breakout during the asia session through resistance is failing…

If price manages to sell off past the previous day low, then a breakout trap & reverse trade will trigger here.