Price Action That Matters For Beginners

Salam Afolabi and welcome to the thread,

I am happy to notice the community growing and I am confident you too will find a lot of benefit in Aaron’s approach.

Stick around and if you have any question don’t hesitate to ask

[QUOTE=“tumen05;553229”]My name is Afolabi Yusuf and a muslim,a Geophysicist from Nigeria, newbie Forex trader. I have been learning forex for 3 years after trying several indicators, I lost my money and searching online I discovered forex is all about price action. I like to join your online community to learn as a beginner to advance price action trader.[/QUOTE]

Hey Afolabi, we are glad to have you here. Your story seems to be a reoccurring theme I find amount visitors here. I am glad you found that price action trading is the best way to trade. Welcome to the community and I hope we can help you here on your journey from beginner to advanced PA trader.

Hey bro, well come to the community… Enjoy the ride with us to the land of awesome PA teachings.

Ah, Alaikum Salaam, Afolabi. Nice to meet another fellow Physicist in the community.

There are so many things to learn about Price Action, and Krugman is one of the good mentor in Babypips. Reading most of the other threads made me scared, to be honest. People are either mean, delusional, or both. :frowning:

Hi,
I am also looking forward to actually getting in a thread from the beginning for beginner PA traders. I have also gone the indicator route and still always wanted to learn the grass roots of PA trading. Although I have traded for nearly 2 yrs and for the most part have been able to stay on the profit side of things, I know there is more I can learn. Thank you Krugman for the time and effort you are putting in to help us stay on the right path.

You came at the right time, as this thread and the other thread I run are both in their infancy. Already though we have been teaching some heavy and hard hitting stuff. Being that you are already seeing moderate and consistent profits, I think what I am teaching will be right up your ally. Much of the free stuff out there is like chapter 1 and 2 from the PA rulebook. I cover chapters 1 and 2, but also 3-24. You won’t be sipping warm milk from a sippy cup, I will make sure all of my community members get some steak to chew on. I am glad to have you here and welcome to the community!

I’m so glad I found this fresh thread on PA. I’ve seen some old ones but are already dead or way too long to read (some even more that 1000 pages long). I’m a newbie on Forex, but I’ve spent more that 6 months devoting 10-12 hours a day reading tons of material and practicing. I’ve read time and again that PA is the way to go to be able to be consistent on this business, but as many of you know finding [U]meaningful information[/U] on the matter is not easy. I’ll be reading this thread with utmost attention. Thanks to the OP for devoting some of his precious time to help others.

I am glad you are getting in on this early. I know it will be a great resource for you. Also when I created my two PA threads I had the future in mind so I create quick navigation areas in the first post. Traders are more than welcome to read through all posts but the quick area will have the most important videos/articles/posts. That will hopefully eliminate the need of spending 60-80 hours reading through 500 pages of a thread and can maybe spend a few hours just hitting the majorly important ones.
I am glad to have you here and welcome to the community!

Heads up, NFP is tomorrow so unless you are already in a trade in one of the majors, we avoid trading any on the day of the news event. While we don’t trade the news, we do take into account the amount of risk certain news events have. The volatility from the NFP tends to destroy any trading edge you might have from a price action signal. We do still trade non USD pairs though as they are not as directly affected by this event. Some traders choose to sit the day out and that is ok too.

I currently have my eyes on the AUDCHF pair. Price is sitting right on top of a major support line(.9700). Any pullbacks to this level could provide an opportunity to get long and achieve a potentially large RR.

[QUOTE=“krugman25;553989”]
Heads up, NFP is tomorrow so unless you are already in a trade in one of the majors, we avoid trading any on the day of the news event. While we don’t trade the news, we do take into account the amount of risk certain news events have. The volatility from the NFP tends to destroy any trading edge you might have from a price action signal. We do still trade non USD pairs though as they are not as directly affected by this event. Some traders choose to sit the day out and that is ok too.

I currently have my eyes on the AUDCHF pair. Price is sitting right on top of a major support line(.9700). Any pullbacks to this level could provide an opportunity to get long and achieve a potentially large RR.[/QUOTE]

Woow, i am loving this already

This is very good information and it is very helpful specially for the new beginners so it is important that beginners should learn such basics to perform better trading in future.

I guess you mean .8700 not 0.9700 (just to avoid confusion)

Yes, thanks for catching that

Hi krugman,

Would you be looking to take this AUDCHF trade on the 4h chart or lower? I am focusing on daily charts and all I see are a series of inside bars so not much of a pullback to support, more of a stall at support, no PA on the daily yet, although would still get required RR off the daily subject to good PA signal, would be better of an intraday chart.

Thanks.

Amy

Hey Amy

Now that he found the area of interest I suppose krugman will be scanning all time frames (From 30 min up to weekly :slight_smile: ) to decide on his entry point I am focusing on daily charts too for now and if a valid PA doesn’t form on daily I just wait for another

Can’t wait for the update post to get more info on how Krugman played this one out

Sure, I just meant that I would be looking for a deeper pullback for more RR potential, the daily is just stalling not pulling back but you might get that deeper retracement on the lower timeframes. Hope that’s clear…

Cheers,

Amy

[QUOTE=“mancamy;554115”] Sure, I just meant that I would be looking for a deeper pullback for more RR potential, the daily is just stalling not pulling back but you might get that deeper retracement on the lower timeframes. Hope that’s clear… Cheers, Amy[/QUOTE]

While I agree that good quality trades can be found when price deeply pulls back like you are looking for. Often traders are taught to wait and wait, all the while the currency keeps on plowing into new highs day after day. Why not be getting into these strong moves also?

I would have to disagree that a deeper pullback will give you a better RR. I showed last week 2 trades with very shallow pull backs, that I was able to achieve a 1:3 and 1:4 on, and was shooting for a 1:9 on the latter.

If price really pulls back that far, it shows a weakening in the movement. Do you want to be getting in a trade when price is moving strong or when it is weaker and pulling back?

Don’t get me wrong, these pullbacks are great opportunities to get in at a key support level and good price, but at least consider learning about minor pullbacks in strong trends, as these can be just as rewarding if not more.

So that’s what you mean by making sure the bus is coming back to pick us up, and instead of throwing ourselves under the bus. Is it correct, Krugman?

[QUOTE=“wm247;554154”]So that’s what you mean by making sure the bus is coming back to pick us up, and instead of throwing ourselves under the bus. Is it correct, Krugman? [/QUOTE]

No, that was a reference to entry at retracement vs entry at break of PA signal, not the depth of a price pullback.

Hmmm… still thinking about it. How deep is too deep then? Any particular standard you’ll recommend here?