Price Action That Matters

I don’t like how there’s some traffic. There’s a psychological level (84000) close by that could act as a major support. Also, the way I see it, the price is currently at a support level. If you take a look at the daily or even lower time frames, you’ll see that around Sept 9-10, that level of resistance was rejected and price later broke through it. Now it’s acting as a support (you could see on the lower time frames that it’s giving price a little trouble). Either way, the price doesn’t have much space to move. Even if you took this trade disregarding that potential support, the psychological level (84000) isn’t far away, so you would either have a lower R:R or you would set a risky, small stop loss. Both are unfavorable IMO.

Aaron, this may be slightly off topic as it doesn’t pertain to your trade method, however it does pertain to price action. But what is your POV on doji setups ? I’ve been trading them the past few months and have found them to a very profitable candlestick setup and I’m curious to why you don’t use them. I’m completely aware that every trader develops and builds on what they already know and not everyone chooses to take the same trades. Everyone trades differently even though price action is our medium and this just might be one of those preference situations. Just curious to hear your input on them.

Morning all

Thought I’d post another chart, I took this pin bar in the early hours of the morning on the CHFJPY 4hr:

Pros:

Pin sticks out
Pin is roughly same size if not larger than previous bar
At a strong line of support.
With the trend (On daily).

Cons:

Trading straight into my 200 Moving Average which can work as R/S (And currently is :()

BA

I will have to differ to you wm,

Not everyone will be in the same level. There are different people with different level of knowledge. People dont post their chart for just confirmation. They might want to LEARN. If whatever they analysed is correct.

If you think it’s a rubbish set up tell them it’s a rubbish setup. Tell them what’s wrong with it so next time they will know what to take into consideration while looking at the chart. I believe that you will learn a lot more if you teach something to others than simply learning yourself.

You might have grown as a trader but there are people who are just starting on PA. And we as a community, we are here to learn from seniors and teach to juniors isn’t it ?

Cheers,
boynep

EDIT: Spellings!

[QUOTE=boynep;547431]I will have to differ to you wm,

Not everyone will be in the same level. There are different people with different level of knowledge. People dont post their chart for just confirmation. They might want to LEARN. If whatever they analysed is correct.

If you think it’s a rubbish set up tell them it’s a rubbish setup. Tell them what’s wrong with it so next time they will know what to take into consideration while looking at the chart. [U]I believe that you will learn a lot more if you teach something to others than simply learning yourself.[/U]

You might have grown as a trader but there are people who are just starting on PA. And we as a community, we are here to learn from seniors and teach to juniors isn’t it ?

I totely agreed with boynep. newbies r not posting char to confirm their buy sell entries, but for purpose to learn from seniors traders, Tell them what’s wrong with their analysis and help to find out the true picture of market
thnx,

Hi boynep,

there is one thing to post chart that fits your trade plan that you also want to discuss together with the community, and there is another thing to simply ask everyone’s explanation because you are not doing your own ‘homework’ first before taking any trade. If your idea of learning is simply by having the others do the thinking while you do not even try and simply execute whatever the results they told you, then you really have very wrong idea of learning the trade here.

Even Krugman has the similar idea of learning the trade:

The reason for my previous post is that new traders tend to get it backward. They simply jump to any tempting setup and ask for everyone’s else opinion about the best trade plan, while [B]it actually should be the total opposite[/B]. Traders should have their solid trade plan first, and then use that when they encounter a great trade setup!

Not many traders have any solid trade plan in their arsenal, but then again not many traders gain profit consistently in Forex world. Go figure.

Think about it from business perspective, will you succeed in any business if you have no business plan? I once said this, and I’ll say this again. It’s never personal, it’s always strictly business.

Thank you for your quick reply will,

Don’t get me wrong on that. I have never said posting a chart for commentary is a good thing. I am saying lets analyze charts together.

[B]Before anyone posts a chart let’s make a rule…They must post points why it qualifies as good trade “for them”. What are the good points and what are the bad points of that particular setup. It encourages everyone to better analyse their chart.[/B] If you know their analysis was absolutely worthless and wrong let them know here is your mistake.

We only get things covered if one person asks and other provide answers…If there is anything that needs further explanation Aaron and other senior members could probably write an article about it or explain in videos. We can’t expect Aaron to answer every posts. He has got bigger fish to fry.

Now Aaron, it’s Market Monday what have you got! :stuck_out_tongue: Edit: Identifying Trend Article. Sorry didn’t see it. :24::24::24:

P.S Let’s not clutter this beautiful space with our gibberish talk.

Cheers,
boynep

No Wm247 is right if we’re not careful what started as a promising forum is just going to degenerate into something overwhelmed with people posting any old crap,if you need to know really basic stuff you should do a bit of work first and find what you can on the net,there’s heaps of knowledge out there,so no excuse really,we don’t mind helping people with good questions but lets not be too lazy

Hey shane, there were quite a few IB daily setups that formed yesterday. Only 1 of them I considered tradable which was AUDUSD. All of the other ones were either trading into too much traffic or offered poor RR. In this case I initially liked the trade you posted, but after reviewing further, I think what is going on to the left is too noisy and the next key S/R level provides a poor RR setup. The momentum leading up to the IB is very bullish. While it is a valid setup, I would only give it 1-2 star quality.

hey rc, IB can be valid in almost any setup, but it depends on the market structure. If you read my article on trends, you can see how a trend, counter trend and range trade are all looked at differently and traded differently. This even applies to IBs. So if price is stuck in a range and kind of meandering sideways, the best setup is going to be when price breaks through an S/R line and immediately forms an IB. Then you trade the breakout to continue the trend and use the S/R line as a stop loss buffer. In a strong trend, I will trade IB regardless of whether they are at a key S/R. The trend is already giving your trade an extra edge, and the breakout is likely to be with the trend. For right now I only trade IB with momentum or trend, but they can be traded as price reversals. IBs have to be traded carefully because they technically have almost a 50% chance of breaking out in either direction, and have a high rate of being faked out. When I get to writing about IBs here I will dig into entries, SL and trade management to help with successfully trading IBs.

EBs and PBs are great to start off with. I personally find them to be the strongest signals for reversal. Since most traders learning PA start with trading price reversals using PB, EB, 2BR; it’s a bit of a shift trying to learn IBs as they are continuation signals.

Hi Aaron ,
Am Fahd from Jordan and from previous thread i loved all your posts and thank you for your help .
Attached chart EURJPY -4H , i marked on chart which i think its Morning star formed in good BRN area ,Is these valid Morning Star ?
Note: I programmed 3 indicators for PinBar ,InsideBar, Engulfing and Morning & Evening star i will post it here after test period may it help to identify patterns quickly ( i will test them in October )

1 Like

Hey BA, your right the pin did look nice but you were trading into major selling. When trading in huge selling you want your signal to be fairly large, like around twice the size of what that pinbar was. All of the highs/lows of the candles that are all bunched up to the left each extert a bit of minor resistance, so your entry is hitting traffic before it ever really gets moving. Overall as CT trades go, 1-2 star rating.

Ok, I try it.

EURGBP 4h BEEB

Pair is ranging.

PROs: PA Signal is huge ( huge enough to validate a less than D1 setup) and it engulfs quite a few candles

The level it happened is right on top of the range and the rejection seems pretty clear

It has room to move, a good TP area would be 0.8342

Cons: There is noise on the left but that is often the case in a range, isn’t it ?

Good question. I technically trade dojis as they are part of the morning/evening star combination. The reason I don’t trade them solely is because they can signal either continuation or reversal and are very much up for interpretation. There are PA candlesticks out there more clearly show reversals such as pinbars, or more clearly show continuations such as IBs. There are over 100 documented candlestick types, I have picked the handful that I consider giving the clearest signal to the trader of what to do.

Haha, I just want to dangle some carrots out there, and keep you coming back. In all seriousness though, I have 10/14 marked as the day my Market Monday article will come out. I still will be writing articles in the meantime just laying out a foundation for how trades should be identified, like the one I wrote yesterday. I am glad you guys are eager for more!

[QUOTE=“krugman25;547475”]

Hey BA, your right the pin did look nice but you were trading into major selling. When trading in huge selling you want your signal to be fairly large, like around twice the size of what that pinbar was. All of the highs/lows of the candles that are all bunched up to the left each extert a bit of minor resistance, so your entry is hitting traffic before it ever really gets moving. Overall as CT trades go, 1-2 star rating.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback Aaron, very interesting. So ideally I want to see a few more buy candles to the left when looking to buy? I will make sure I pay more attention to this in the future. I now have the conundrum of letting this play out or taking my small profit. The last bar closed above the 200 moving average which is encouraging so will need to think about this, maybe I’ll just go to break even.

Thanks again

BA

It’s going to need to be a good balance. I am going to keep producing articles and videos that will become the guideline for how we trade and discuss PA topics here, which is actually coming along quite well already. Then it’s just going to take people who know and can enforce that here, and I think we will do just fine. You can take a look at threads that here that have been running for months or years, and they all suffer from getting off track, and poor quality posts. The ones that do the best have a core group of members that are always working to keep it on track, and keep everyone focused on what the guidelines are.

On websites like this, newcomers will visit here on a daily basis, it will be that core of regular members here that help keep things on track and set the course for how discussion will go. I am going to keep laying out those core guidelines and method principles in future articles and it should keep getting easier for everyone to understand “how we do it here”.
I appreciate everyone’s concern with keeping the forum valuable and focused. It’s people like you that are going to help this thread thrive and grow, so I thank all you guys!

No, I am saying when price is swinging low, you want a “clean swing”. You ideally don’t want a swing that kind of falls apart and gets choppy at the bottom, where candlestick start piling up. Because each one of those candles start exerting their own amount of resistance, so if they really pile up you can have traffic problem. Which is what everyone calls traffic or noise. There isn’t a specific S/R line they create, but just the nature of having a bunch of candle like that create a range of resistance. Now like you said, the daily is up, which is a pro of the trade, but remember as we get farther away from the daily timeframe, the important the daily is to our lower TF trades. A better way to say that may be the farther away you get, the less power the daily momentum is exerting on the lower TFs. I haven’t gotten into EMAs yet, but that is my Market Monday article. I only use the values from EMAs at the daily level. I keep them on my screen because its annoying removing them if I drop down in TF.

[QUOTE=“krugman25;547495”]

No, I am saying when price is swinging low, you want a “clean swing”. You ideally don’t want a swing that kind of falls apart and gets choppy at the bottom, where candlestick start piling up. Because each one of those candles start exerting their own amount of resistance, so if they really pile up you can have traffic problem. Which is what everyone calls traffic or noise. There isn’t a specific S/R line they create, but just the nature of having a bunch of candle like that create a range of resistance. Now like you said, the daily is up, which is a pro of the trade, but remember as we get farther away from the daily timeframe, the important the daily is to our lower TF trades. A better way to say that may be the farther away you get, the less power the daily momentum is exerting on the lower TFs. I haven’t gotten into EMAs yet, but that is my Market Monday article. I only use the values from EMAs at the daily level. I keep them on my screen because its annoying removing them if I drop down in TF.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again Aaron, I think your the first person who has explained traffic and noise in a way I can understand. This has been a massive flaw in my trading as I didn’t really get what people meant by traffic until now. That now makes complete sense and hope to post better set ups in the future. So ideally the swing low or high will be sharp with a PA and then BOOM a reversal baby!