Price Action That Matters

Have a great Christmas everyone and a happy and profitable new year!

Merry Christmas to you all!! <3

Thank you! Merry Christmas to everyone!

My Christmas has already been very profitable!!! :wink: :smiley:

Aaron and all friends here
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Many members here i feel like i know them and rely appropriate all help and support they offer and still for us.
Wishing successful and happy year for all

What is the Volume indicator used in this thread? I tried all the ones under ā€œVolumeā€ that MT4 provides, none of them look the same as the sample charts?

Sorry for asking before introducing myself. Iā€™m Panupat from the ever chaotic Thailand.

Iā€™m currently honing my skill following Mr. Foxā€™s method on demo account. He made me fall in love with PA, itā€™s so refreshing after Iā€™ve been through various systems and indicators. Iā€™m having pretty satisfying result and hope to start live trading [I]again[/I] soon. I said again because I already blew several thousands $$ when I was a beginner nomad, indicator trader.

Iā€™m willing to learn all about PA and will be following this thread too. Many familiar faces!

Merry Christmas to all my trading mates and everyone else!

Cheers

[QUOTE=ā€œPanupat;581933ā€]What is the Volume indicator used in this thread? I tried all the ones under ā€œVolumeā€ that MT4 provides, none of them look the same as the sample charts?[/QUOTE]

Tick volume is what i use and others do as well. I use FXCM charts and you just have to right click on your chart and select tick volume

Any of yall trade things other than currencies with this strategy? And what platforms do u use? FXCM is currencies only

Thanks all of you for your support.
Have a fun Christmas holidays, and the best for incoming year 2014, plenty of pips.

Wow !!!

A nice thread. Have to follow !!!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We had a great one over here. I havenā€™t been in the threads much because I have been working overtime getting ready for my 2 weeks of vacation. I had been checking the daily charts each day and honestly havenā€™t seen anything worth trading for 1-2 weeks now. I will be looking back through previous posts to get caught up on everything. I also plan on writing up an article on trading IBs since I know that is a very wanted topic by the traders here.

2014 is going to be a year of great trades and greater profits than 2013!

Thanks. It really is in the right click context and not an indicator :smiley:

I tried to look through the quick navigator links, it seems the volume hasnā€™t been explained yet?

EUR/CAD daily making false break.

In this case would you guys look for PA to go short even if itā€™s counter trend? It touched this line 4 times already in the recent up trend, every time it bounced hard.

If I am trading counter trend I personally need a big commanding price action signal.
A few thing I see as problems is:1) the wick of the candle is not 3 times larger then the body. 2)The candle did not close inside the body of the previous candle

I would rather wait for the price to retrace, find support, and then look for long signal. This pair has a dominant up trend since Aug 2012

Hi Noname. I think you misunderstood my question. I am not trading that pin :slight_smile:
Iā€™m just curious if looking for signal along that trend line to go short would be a good idea since the price really respected that line.

Hereā€™s a zoomed out view of the pair.

If im trading in uptrend Im looking for a higher- low or swing low. Thats were I like to place my entries. That way I can place a long entry and have the trend in my favor. That my personal preference.

Here is the same pair EUR/CAD on the 12 hour chart. price did reject the weekly S/R level and the well developed trend line at the same area on the chart so there is some confluence here (PA signal, trend line, horizontal S/R). The 12H pin did not open and close within the previous candle, but it is well developed and almost a pinbar by proxy looking at some of the candle highs to the left of this one. I am not shorting this because itā€™s the last intraday candle of the week and we are now just 2 days away from the end of the year.

If we were not at the end of the year and looking at a Tuesday or Wednesday candle, this would be one to trade CT with proper trade management.

Zoomed In

Hey everyone! This trading year is almost over now and i hope you had a great year, learning a lot of new things that will benefit your future trading business and that will make you a successful trader.

I am very pleased with this year even though i still havnā€™t made a single dollar trading forex. But my stock investments have resultet in a +201% gain this year and i could not be happier!

I really managed to beat the swedish stock market (OMX) by farā€¦ :smiley:

I hope i can reproduce these results in the future by combining stock- and forex-trading!

See you all next year, iā€™m convinced it will be a great one for all of us! :wink:

Happy new year to you all!

//Sascha

High risk events for week of 12/29