Price Action That Matters

I shorted AUD/CAD last Friday(stupid?) and now I got stopped out. (good thing I made my SL to BE)

thanks mate - I had it set up on my old PC and thought it would just translate over to the online web versionā€¦I just got a new mac (have always had PCs) and I havenā€™t yet managed to set up it up with the fxcm desktop softwareā€¦[wish i had thought this through before getting lured in by the charms of a new macbook air ;-)]

Apart from my concerns over volume I thought this look like a decent setup - I didnā€™t take it in the end but only because it is my first day back trading and I am just watching the markets at the moment to get a feel for itā€¦

[QUOTE=ā€œmancamy;585553ā€] thanks mate - I had it set up on my old PC and thought it would just translate over to the online web versionā€¦I just got a new mac (have always had PCs) and I havenā€™t yet managed to set up it up with the fxcm desktop softwareā€¦[wish i had thought this through before getting lured in by the charms of a new macbook air ;-)][/QUOTE]

Just install a copy of windows on your mac using bootcamp which is built into iOS. Of course you need to get a copy of windows too. :slight_smile:

Best thing iā€™ve ever done. Love running windows on my mac! Before that i tried to use crossover and stuff to get windows based trading programs to run but that did not work too well.

cheers diablo, Iā€™ll take a look :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, I just remembered this hotel I stay at has terrible internet connection. BUMMER! I have been sitting out of the market for the past 2 weeks, but upon getting back from my business trip I will be back normally into the groove. If I happen to get good enough internet for my FXCM charts to load, I will post any notable setups.

I didnā€™t post my goals for 2014 so here they are

*Get my Series 3
*End 2014 with 100% Profit
*Donā€™t over risk (Yes, I do this every once in a while!)

[QUOTE=ā€œkrugman25;585654ā€]Hey everyone, I just remembered this hotel I stay at has terrible internet connection. BUMMER! I have been sitting out of the market for the past 2 weeks, but upon getting back from my business trip I will be back normally into the groove. If I happen to get good enough internet for my FXCM charts to load, I will post any notable setups.

I didnā€™t post my goals for 2014 so here they are

*Get my Series 3
*End 2014 with 100% Profit
*Donā€™t over risk (Yes, I do this every once in a while!)[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year Aaron, hope your somewhere warm! They sound like great goals, I especially like the series 3 idea. Mine are to become a better trader and hopefully make good profit by the end of the year, boy do I need it at the moment!

Hey everyone

I probably wont be able to reply to this for a few hours as Iā€™m just about to sleep but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the Gbpusd daily pin bar? Iā€™m kind of liking it - itā€™s with trend, and although itā€™s not massive, it is larger than the candle before.

BA

Yesterdayā€™s candle right? The top wick is too long for me to call it a pin bar.

I have my SR around 1.64200 and in 4,6,8H charts show decision forming around that level, acting as Resistance.

I am not yet familiar with the jargon of this thread; so excuse my comment.

Sounds like a plan, Captain! I am also looking for the opportunity to earn my CFA. 3 levels to pass before becoming a certified CFA charterholder, and that hasnā€™t even included the relevant experience in professional investing world. This will be quite a long journey. First thing first, pass the CFA 1st level this year! :smiley:

Hi BA - happy new year, hope you had a good break :slight_smile:

I saw that pin but I have marked the key support level further down than the end of the tail of the pin at 1.6259 so that pin is not a deep enough retrace to value for me to take it IMHO. There is a minor support level at 1.6320 but since the pin tail does not protrude through the minor level, again, it does not seem like a deep enough retrace to me to take it.

Cheers,

Amy

Thanks for all your feedback, the consensus seems to be that itā€™s dubious as its sat on minor support. I must have drawn my lines of RS wrongly. I should have checked before placing a buy stop as Iā€™m now in this trade and will have to ride this one out.
No doubt a job for the trader 6000.

Iā€™m also in this one with you. I liked the pin bar as it formed near a diagonal tread line going back to July and EMA-21 line (sorry I canā€™t post pics at this time). I entered at the retracement of the pin bar with a SL of 1.6331 and a TP of 1.6490. I was unsure on TP as I had to go back to 2011 to see when the price was this high so I just went for a 1:2 and will monitor it.

[QUOTE=ā€œTJTrader620;585942ā€]

Iā€™m also in this one with you. I liked the pin bar as it formed near a diagonal tread line going back to July and EMA-21 line (sorry I canā€™t post pics at this time). I entered at the retracement of the pin bar with a SL of 1.6331 and a TP of 1.6490. I was unsure on TP as I had to go back to 2011 to see when the price was this high so I just went for a 1:2 and will monitor it.[/QUOTE]

Hey TJ, fingers crossed for both of us then. I saw it as a nice place to get in on a continuation of the trend. Looks like its sitting around thinking at the moment, letā€™s hope it goes our way soon!

Dear traders,

I am new to this field and very novice. But I still made all the mistakes in the book. And I lost a lot of money. After playing with some indicators like MACD, RSI, Stochastic, CCI, DeMarker, I have come to the conclusion that price only and volume, are the only indicators one needs. I may be not completely right, but this is what I believe now. The reason is that the graph is clean and letā€™s you focus. With even only 2 indicators, I found it difficult to focus.

My problem now is that I have come to be sort of afraid to trade. I lost already 6 months salary on it and I am unemployed now. Any advice from you on how to overcome this fear is greatly appreciated.

My system now is based on a 8 period simple MA of median price, as is defined in Metatrader on the 5 minutes chart. Whenever a green candle touches from below, it is a sign of a local uptrend (by local I mean 30 minutes) and whenever a red candle touches from above, it is a local downtrend. I am mostly trading binary options (I mean I was). I believe the system gives very good results (3 out of 4 times). But I need to find the way to get back trading again.

[QUOTE=ā€œstaicum;586168ā€]Dear traders,

I am new to this field and very novice. But I still made all the mistakes in the book. And I lost a lot of money. After playing with some indicators like MACD, RSI, Stochastic, CCI, DeMarker, I have come to the conclusion that price only and volume, are the only indicators one needs. I may be not completely right, but this is what I believe now. The reason is that the graph is clean and letā€™s you focus. With even only 2 indicators, I found it difficult to focus.

My problem now is that I have come to be sort of afraid to trade. I lost already 6 months salary on it and I am unemployed now. Any advice from you on how to overcome this fear is greatly appreciated.

My system now is based on a 8 period simple MA of median price, as is defined in Metatrader on the 5 minutes chart. Whenever a green candle touches from below, it is a sign of a local uptrend (by local I mean 30 minutes) and whenever a red candle touches from above, it is a local downtrend. I am mostly trading binary options (I mean I was). I believe the system gives very good results (3 out of 4 times). But I need to find the way to get back trading again.[/QUOTE]

Hey Staicum

I can relate to your post mate, I suppose the only advice I would give to get over the trading fear is to use good money management. Only use what you can afford to lose - I am also a little financially challenged at the moment and after a few losses at the end of last year can understand a reluctance to trade. I have set myself a limit that I am prepared to lose before I quit altogether, this also incorporates time vs reward. My limit is actually quite small!

Like BA said money mangement is the deciding factor between being consistantly profitable and not. I honestly recommend not trading money you cannot afford to lose as you will trade with fear, fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate and hate leads to the darksideā€¦ I would know :mad:

Also if your testing a new system you should demo it first. Once you gain your confidence with it you will find your way back to trading if it is meant to be.

Good luck bro.

Darth

Iā€™m sorry to hear that, mate. I could assure you, though, that you are not alone in this path. Anybody here has his or her own sad story, so youā€™re not the first and definitely not the last.

The way I do it, I put a very small amount of money in my trading account, while the bulk of my money is all over the other investment mean. My reasoning is that if I cannot handle this small amount of money in my trading account, Iā€™m kidding myself that Iā€™m going to successfully trade the rest of it. Only when Iā€™ve convinced myself beyond doubt that Iā€™m indeed consistently profitable, Iā€™m going to move the rest into my trading account.

i really wish someone will explain once and for all the relationship between volume and PAā€¦i hope K man will be the one to do it

i searched the entire net, and not one good thread about it