Price Action That Matters

yeah i see your point. really do love the way you explain things mate

on the H4 NDZUSD there is also a simmetrical triangle going on there… in case of broken down + the head and shoulder Aaron mentioned we can expect a down move there

cheva -i agree, i have that symmetrical triangle marked on my charts and also check out the really bearish price action on the weekly…i’ll be looking to short once we get a confirmed break below the area you marked…

H&S patterns aren’t traded here, but if you do see one it’s good to keep in mind that way your not unknowingly trading into some major pattern breakout. I agree that there is a pennant also, and in any case the bottom of the H&S will act as a good resistance if price breaks through. Although any trade here would need some really solid price action as you are in the middle of a horizontal price channel, If you can catch PA at the top of bottom of this channel that would be prime.

Wooo-hooo, this thread is once again up and running. You guys are all crazy, but I love it. :smiley:

I don’t think I can post as often as before, as I have officially accepted a job offer in Wall Street, or at least my country’s equivalence of Wall Street. From physics to finance, had someone told me about that 2 years ago, I would have thought that someone had really lost his or her mind. God really has some funny sense of humor indeed. :13:

Well, now I need to gain some professional investment experience before becoming a fully certified CFA charterholder. Krugman, I hope you pass that Series 3 and someday, we will really begin our professional collaboration in investment world. :wink:

In a very unrelated note, has anybody here ever taken a course from Online Trading Academy?

Are they really that good? Because I found out that many pro traders claim that they’ve learned a lot from Online Trading Academy.

[QUOTE=“wm247;593528”]Wooo-hooo, this thread is once again up and running. You guys are all crazy, but I love it. :smiley: I don’t think I can post as often as before, as I have officially accepted a job offer in Wall Street, or at least my country’s equivalence of Wall Street. From physics to finance, had someone told me about that 2 years ago, I would have thought that someone had really lost his or her mind. God really has some funny sense of humor indeed. :13: Well, now I need to gain some professional investment experience before becoming a fully certified CFA charterholder. Krugman, I hope you pass that Series 3 and someday, we will really begin our professional collaboration in investment world. ;)[/QUOTE]

Analyst:trader = apples:oranges !

[QUOTE=“krugman25;547029”]Video - “How to Identify Market Structure and What a Pinbar Is” Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/embed/WR2gp1t8hJE?rel=0 I’m new to adding video so if anyone knows how to embed the actual video into the thread please message me about it. This is the first video tutorial I ever made discussing price action. It is a 2 part video. First I discuss how to analyze the market to figure out what direction you should be trading and where to specifically look for price action. The second part is a detailed explanation of a price action pinbar and the requirements for a valid pinbar. The video had a third part that I clipped off because it was too long, but it essentially covered the psychology of pinbar and why they form. Video is my favorite way to teach so I imagine there will be more to come. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Great Video!

[QUOTE=“wm247;593528”]Wooo-hooo, this thread is once again up and running. You guys are all crazy, but I love it. :smiley:

I don’t think I can post as often as before, as I have officially accepted a job offer in Wall Street, or at least my country’s equivalence of Wall Street. From physics to finance, had someone told me about that 2 years ago, I would have thought that someone had really lost his or her mind. God really has some funny sense of humor indeed. :13:

Well, now I need to gain some professional investment experience before becoming a fully certified CFA charterholder. Krugman, I hope you pass that Series 3 and someday, we will really begin our professional collaboration in investment world. ;)[/QUOTE]

Nice one Willy! Sounds like a great opportunity, don’t forget us when you’ve made your millions.

Hello krugman25 - hope you are having a nice Sunday. Since finding this thread I have enjoyed reading it, re-reading parts, and watching your videos. I have a question… for a new trader, looking to only trade daily charts and some of the basic PA signals, how many trades would be typical to identify per week? for a new trader that can only trade daily signals - any advice or guidance? once again, thanks for the time you devote to this site. besides your posts, the other contributors have been great.

I would say about 4-5 per month (A or A+ trades)

Hey guys, Ive found some information regarding some Price Action patterns that are covered here with some statistics and more.

I know Aaron is not covering some of these patterns here Like head and shoulders, but you have covered the Flags, so If you feel they shouldnt be here just let me know I can delete the post.

Hope this information be good for all of you guys!

The 7 Best Price Action Patterns Ranked by Reliability

Esteban

Trade closed on Friday. USDCHF Daily bearish pin bar. Sorry if it is difficult to see.

Pros:
-Excellent pin bar protruding resistance with a tiny body.
-Well defined S/R levels
-With trend (see next image)
-Little to no “traffic”

Cons:
-Size of previous bars comparable to pin bar

1W

How I played it:

After the pin bar formed, I immediately checked the upper time frames to get an idea of the prevailing trend. To my surprise, I found that the price has created a series of lower tops and the area where the pin bar formed could potentially be the next top.

Stop - At the top of the pin bar.

Entry - Just below the high of the previous candle to insure it would be executed.

Exit - Slightly above the “2” support level, also to insure it would be hit.

Managing the trade:

Less than a day after my entry was hit, I found that price had plummeted and had almost reached my limit order. Since the bearish trend was very strong, I had moved my limit to the “3” level. I thought that price could easily break the “2” support level at that rate but to minimize risk, I had set a trailing stop of about 30 pips. This squeezed some additional profit out of the trade. My trailing stop had been hit but instead of the planned 2.5 RR, it closed for a 4.2 RR.

Hi all,

I saw in this long, long thread, that a personal introduction is customary. So:

I’m Semper Augustus, Dutch and living in the Netherlands, media concept developer (i sit and think until a good idea pops up and then i sell that or have it developed). I have two children (one of them in university) and started trading this summer, after modelling a professional swing trader’s actions into a set of semi robots.

As i have all the time of the world (while waiting for a good idea to pop up), i try to make some money and have fun day trading. Am working now with sort of a Hybrid Trading Strategy like the one posted on this forum by Janpec1000.

The way i trade now is sort of a trick a monkey could learn. I actually don’t know why i open a position, i just do it as that is the method i learned. And it makes money. But i would like to be able to:

– look forward a little farther
– know why i should enter a position (or why not)
– increase the profits and decrease the risks

So i’m reading this thread, only 251 pages to go. Now and then you can expect stupid or silly questions from me and it’s best to ignore them :15: Finally, i need to apologize upfront for my limited English, as it is not my native language.

[QUOTE=“SemperAugustus;594411”]Hi all,

I saw in this long, long thread, that a personal introduction is customary. So:

I’m Semper Augustus, Dutch and living in the Netherlands, media concept developer (i sit and think until a good idea pops up and then i sell that or have it developed). I have two children (one of them in university) and started trading this summer, after modelling a professional swing trader’s actions into a set of semi robots.

As i have all the time of the world (while waiting for a good idea to pop up), i try to make some money and have fun day trading. Am working now with sort of a Hybrid Trading Strategy like the one posted on this forum by Janpec1000.

The way i trade now is sort of a trick a monkey could learn. I actually don’t know why i open a position, i just do it as that is the method i learned. And it makes money. But i would like to be able to:

– look forward a little farther
– know why i should enter a position (or why not)
– increase the profits and decrease the risks

So i’m reading this thread, only 251 pages to go. Now and then you can expect stupid or silly questions from me and it’s best to ignore them :15: Finally, i need to apologize upfront for my limited English, as it is not my native language.[/QUOTE]

Hey Semper

It’s great to have you here, wow that sounds like a fantastic job. Perhaps you could start a thread ‘how to become a media concept developer’ I would definitely join! My kind of job :slight_smile:

That is not a job one can apply for :wink: But it is more stressful than suggested in my previous post. Publishers want results.

But let’s talk forex: i stepped in a little too late and got a nasty surprise.

The trend was up, we had a pinbar at the end of a small bullish flag pattern, then i had to make my noon espresso, and then i missed the scalping moment. I stepped in long at the beginning of the pinbar in the yellow triangle and price dropped. As it did not hit SL (set at 25 pips), i now wait and expect price to climb on.

What went wrong, besides the unhappy timing of my espresso? Could or should i see this coming?

Fortunately for me, it did go up.

A great rule to go by in forex is not the chase trades–it is a bad habit. I would’ve just forgotten about it and waited for another signal to long.

As you may know, a pin bar is a sign of a reversal. You went long on a short signal.

As for why it did not work out–if you look at the previous high, about 6 bars back, you see that a pin bar formed at that level which led to a short term pull back. That price level was rejected and price fell. Price then went back up again for a retest of that level. You longed at a retest of a resistance level that was previously rejected. What I would’ve done is waited for price to break through that resistance level then retest that resistance turned support. Then keep your eye out for a bullish signal.

For visuals.

I am looking to take this on the daily at the NY close on Gold. I am giving this a 4/5!!! Well, at least a 3.5…

PROS
with long term/weekly down trend
at key daily resistance level
at trend line
at 50% fib level of last down swing
BEEB at swing high
stop loss well protected behind 50% fib and key daily level

CONS
against short term daily trend
unless you take a 50% retrace entry you only get 1R if price reaches first daily support level at 1231.

…will take this on a 50% retrace entry at 1261.97 (key level) with stop loss a the high of the BEEB at 1279

wish me luck!

Agree on this one too!! Im with you on this trade! so good luck to both of us! :slight_smile:

BTW I will target next major support. only thing scares me is the inverted kind of H&S is forming there… anyway H&S is not covered on this thread