Price Action That Matters

Great job on bagging profit! Don’t ever feel down for a break even month. By just breaking even you did better than about 70% of all other traders. Also nobody has 12 months of green %, no matter how amazing they are. What you should expect are at least 1 very bad month, 2-3 slightly down months, 5-6 mediocre profitable months, and maybe 1-2 [B]stellar[/B] profitable months that make up most of your yearly profits. Good on ya! Keep up the great work.

One word for you Dudest, pro. Haha. Another great example of how profitable trading patterns can be. I didn’t take these trades because I was tied up in other trades, but I had anticipated a break up from those patterns.

Thanks for your response Aaron, well I’m definitely a novice with alot more to learn and thankful there is so many good guys here at babypips that are honestly just here to help as the internet is full of sharks waiting for suckers to swim past and get munched I nearly did a couple of times.
I’m still getting the basics 100% (S/R lines, PA patterns, money management, trend, etc) and probably 80% there with money management being where I don’t give 100% but now truely understand how important it is and spot potential trades which I’m really good at.

But also seeing other patterns which are good as well (Mother and Inner bars, wedges, boxes and triangle, volume)
I understand the concept for each and just monitoring these setups as they come which isn’t often especially good size volume with good size PA.

So you could say I’m still evolving like you just further behind. I’m definitely not closed minded and always open to suggestions ( here to learn).

So is there anything you could suggest that I might of missed which is another good tool for trading?

Jedi F formally known as Darth

Yeh, the remaining part hit BE, but still, nice profit on the 3/4 of my position.

I just set an order for the break, I sometimes trade it a little different and get a better entry, but won’t explain that here as you might try it and blow your account haha. Takes time to learn how to do it…

I am actually long again now on EURAUD on a pin bar on H4.

Yeh, the extended fib. I use it for profit targets, I will target nearest resistance/support, or the 1.6 fib, depending on which makes more sense.

Hey,

Just checked NJ, for me, that would have been a no go. The IB was very small, and the surrounding candles looked too bearish for me.

I usually just wait for the IB mother candle high to break. I must say, the IB is my most profitable trading signal. You can get in with a very tight stop on some trades, sometimes the stop is 20 pips!!! With a TP of about 50-60, I use the fib levels for TP, and also S/R levels, whichever looks like it will give most resistance/support is where I place my TP.

[QUOTE=“adamjn;604483”][/QUOTE]

Thanks Adam, I’m very interested in your inside bar trading techniques, I’m beginning to notice them more and more. It’s definitely something I could learn more about, I especially see how profitable they can be on the JPY pairs. Looking forward to learning more!

This is the type of IB that makes profitable trading!

Gold H4

Edit: I did see the H4 Bearish engulfing, but that wasn’t enough confirmation of a reversal for me, so too this entry from the IB instead. I didn’t enter on the break as I was out and forgot to set the order lol, but entered as soon as I got home and seen it had already broke the IB low.

58 pip SL
210 TP
Not bad in my books :slight_smile:

And Yesterdays IB on EU, which I still have part of the position and SL is at BE.

Also, thinking about UJ on the daily, depending on where it closes tonight. I am long on the weekly, and also have a position open from a pin bar earlier, already hit TP 1, so SL at BE now.

Cheers
Adam

I also took this IB on UK Oil.

I am holding a position from 106.39, so if this is a failure, then its no big loss, as I have already cleared a good bit of profit up on this from my other position.

What strange price action, price rising into a descending triangle and then breaking to the downside, haha. Don’t see those every day.

Hello BUEB!!!

just beautiful PA

As far as I remember, Aaron does retracment entries, so I would maybe try and enter at around the 61 level.

More beautiful PA

Seen that, what do you think of it? I am tempted, but look at the weekly :open_mouth:

It will maybe retrace to the purple line then continue up?

EURAUD looks a great setup on the daily. I entered today on H4.

IB’s and Inverse Head and Shoulders. I know Aaron doesn’t like H&S patterns, but they should be noted for reversals imo.

Targeting 1.6 then 2.6 fibo levels.

Good to know you are back. Sorry abt H&S. I was overwhelmed to somehow have it slipped in. Believe you have reasons for not considering it. If I’m not wrong H&S is 1-2-3 Reversal in gestation?

Hi Henry, I posted a response just now. Sorry for not getting back sooner, but I had to get additional clarification from our tech team to answer your question.

Tick volume is actually very close to actual volume, or well some people say. I use volume occasionally, not that often though, used to do VSA trading, and I could trade using volume pretty well…

This also looks a sweet setup on the daily

EDIT: Inside bars…

GBPAUD Daily

No, a 1-2-3 is a bit different, this pic should explain…

Looks like a flag break out as well?

Thanks Adam. I have this in mind:

Reversal always has 1-2-3 pattern to confirm it. It may be preceded by H&S, double/triple tops/bottoms… patterns. That’s why I said gestation :smiley: