Price Action That Matters

Price action is the best strategy for trade

Okay, I’m not saying that I disagree with you, but enlighten us, oh wise one: Where/how does one learn the “price action [that] does work”?

You cracked the code a long long time ago…
Just couldn’t believe yourself that you done it that quick and easy.:cool:

Best

Not here on BabyPips. Not on any forum or website.

The answer is either:
[ol]
[li]Right on your charts. Pull them up and study historical data.
[/li][li]Find a mentor who is willing to teach you for free so you can be sure of their intentions. This will take months and possibly years off of your learning curve.
[/li][/ol]
Nobody who truly knows what they are doing will post their method for the world to see on a forum. Most of them keep to themselves, and a few will share with a handful of lucky traders.

Here’s my theory. :slight_smile: Becoming a successful trader isn’t as much about finding a system, a method or a mentor, than it is about an individual’s aptitude in learning how to trade.

Is it possible that learning to trade has a lot in common with learning to play a musical instrument, or becoming a master woodworker, learning to ride a horse or doing crossword puzzles?

For example, let’s say we start with 20 brand-new students and for 12 months they play the same instrument, with the same instructor, the same lessons and the same hours of practice. At the end of the 12 months what do you think the results will be?

As a former High School Band trumpet player, my guess is we’d probably end up with a few superstars displaying real aptitude & talent. A bunch showing limited aptitude and average skills, and some with no musical aptitude at all. :56: Even with a “bad” instructor the results would be on a curve.

Whether we like it or not, aptitude seems to play an important role in who becomes a superstar and who doesn’t. Is there any reason to believe an individual’s aptitude doesn’t play the same role in being a successful trader as it does in being a musician, a master woodworker, riding horses or doing crossword puzzles?

Unfortunately, you can’t get aptitude on the internet. But believe it or not, everything else you need to learn about successfully trading FX can be found on the internet and for free. And not hidden in some secret corner. :44:

I agree with the sentiment but normally mastery of something comes with a concoction of elements, the major part being deliberate and sustained practice and actually relatively little to do with ‘natural’ aptitude.

Good call, and very true, proper traders, trade proper PA, not just pin bars, engulfing/2 bars, to be honnest, most of the time, I trade against these signals Fox and Fuller are “all over”. And I usually get my profit while they get stopped out. Suppose I need them to sell at the areas I wana buy at to get my orders filled better hahaha

My man :wink:

You are more than warm bro lol, ur defo on the ball. Remember, trade those pin bars, “make sure they close within the previous candle!!” HAHA!

along with the engulfing bars lolol

darth

Hello

I use Fox method for trading because his thread was where it all started for me

I have tried looking for other PA patterns. Although I have been able to identify the ‘simple’ patterns like triangles. I have not been able to trade that successfully as I am not sure about how my entry, target and Stop loss should be.

I like to trade the 4h and daily charts

Could you please direct me to a place that could answer my questions. I have been on PA for about a year now and I understand the basics of the market in regards to support/resistance levels and rejection candles.

Also adamjn, do you have room for one more in your course yet? The day i saw your thread was the day you closed it :frowning:

Ahh, the easy way to trade lol.

The markets are full of patterns, very profitable patterns, at that. If you work out how to trade them, you will make money.

As for triangles and such, I usually only take them as analysis, as quite often, they false break, then go the other way, you need to wait for confirmation of everything, so say you have a rising wedge, in an uptrend, there is no way you can tell which side it will break, so you wait for the breakout, then wait for the signal candle to enter (that is the key :wink: )

I find H4 charts best to trade from, and I take levels from the daily. A while back, I started using Foxes method to see if it was better than my own, and, well, IMO, it’s not.

Also, imo, he trades candles wrong, say you get a pin bar, and the high breaks, thats no comfirmation what so ever that the market will continue in the direction you want it to go, the proper way to confirm a pin is by a candle closing after it in the desired direction…

Take this setup for example, I am sure a lot of people bought it, but I sold it lol. A bullish engulfing/pinbar.

I sold it, all TP’s hit and then took the next setup which shelled!

Wow,

I never looked at it like that.
I learned the break of candle confirms candle but what you have said and showed in your picture seems valid.
Do you use any indicators at all like stochastic for overbought/oversold levels?

No, I use no indicators, as there is no such thing as overbought/sold…

I will add a moving average from time to time.

Hi Adam,

I’ve been following along with your method as much as I can (IB, H&S + other patterns, MTF, etc) and my backtesting results so far have been very profitable, so many thanks for this.

I can’t quite figure out how you made your trade decisions on the BUEB with the arrow on it in the attachment. The IB later on after the H&S was obvious to me but I’m quite stumped on the other.

Can you add any insight as to why you took the trade and how you entered and exited?

Cheers,
Andy

Sorry but I have to say that I am really surprised what happens with all threads about price action trading. Price action trading works same as everything else.
I really don’t know why adamjn sold EURUSD but it is his trading plan and I have nothing against it. But that doesn’t mean that price action doesn’t work … price action work as everything else. That adamjn show one graph where he trades against trend on daily chart against huge bullish bar … sell in oversold area on stochastic 1D chart that doesn’t mean that trading with trend is nonsense, trading bullist pattern is nonsense and buying in oversold area on stochastic is nonsence because adamjn trade against this all and earn money. Forex doesn’t work in this way. I don’t like Jonathons thread and his trading method same as Nial Fuller (which is basically same) but that doesnt mean that it doesn’t work. Showing one graph where this method doesn’t work is … sorry but it is stupid. It is same like showing someone, who doesn’t know who is Messi, football match where Messi didn’t score and told him: “Messi is looser he is horibble player. Look he doesn’t score in this match” That is great but you forgot admit that he scores 60 goals in season. Same with example where price action didn’t work … what it mean? Nothing. But how I said that is nothin against adamjn I only say that it can do everybody … show cases where method doesn’t work … and what? Well probably nothing because I can tell you that you always find cases where mothod doesn’t work … that is NORMAL … nothing else.

Same as jadd806. He only post that price action doesn’t work because big players trade against them. Nonsense. That is of course not true. Maybe in some case but in basic this idea is rubbish. And if it is true … why he is still looking working strategy? He has best trading strategy in the word … trade against all price actions. Don’t know why people agree with him because he is making the basic mistake … looking for Holy Grail which doesn’t exist. Just think about it. On forex are people who use thousands strategies and you think that if you lost trade it is because world is against you … I don’t think so. Forex is forex nothing more nothing less. If you look to history price action was using always if you think that it doesn’t works now because someone post chart where they don’t work and because someone said that price action is not a holly grail … well if it is for you enough to stop using this strategy … then I doubt that you will ever find something better.

But I must say that it is revolutionary idea … great pin bar on great level with strong trend and oversold level on stochastic and people say … trade against this signal because this signal doesn’t work (it works tens of years but in year 2014 it stops working) and because big players trade against this pin bar and because world hates you, all people are against you and because it is monday and on monday all people in the world have tantrum because they must go to work and all of them want to sell and not buy and because a wear black T-shirt which mean that you loose money if you will trade. No believe me world is not against you … in fact world doesn’t care about you same as big companies don’t care about you. You believe that all retail traders use price action? Of course not … but in your eyes national banks are not focus on people who use stochastic oscillator … they are focus on people who use price action because they hate people who trade pin bars … really funny idea.

I only trade using price action. Do you actually understand what price action is? (Not being rude)

Ok, so here is another trade, where buying a bullish engulfing would have hit the SL… Me and my students sold this one too :slight_smile:

I have no clue what you mean in the last paragraph, but from what I gather, you think I trade against all PA signals?? I actually use price action to analyse the market and work out where it is going to move next, so if i see a bullish pin bar, i don’t really care, I will wait for a proper signal to go long/short.

too true my man

This thread has gone awfuly quiet. Wonder why…?

Here is a pattern I’m hawking;

USD/CHF 4H

A breakout could yield a long way.
Best

Hi all - when Aaron talks about “proxy candles” what does he mean? From reading through the thread he doesn’t have similarly strict criteria for qualifying a proxy bar like he would a candle he was going to trade as a signal.
Hopefully aaron will swing by and add to the discussion on this one too :slight_smile:
Cheers

GBPNZD daily timeframe evening star. (well atleast I think it is an evening star)

Happened on good resistance level as shown to the patterns left.