Price Action That Matters

Hello,

Going through all the posts…looks very interesting…

I am in Mr Fox’s Price Action thread… learned all the basics from there…was looking forward for some more advanced stuff…and your thread promises exactly that…

Hope we will all keep this informative and interesting…keeping all the rules you mentioned in mind…

thanks and God Bless…

Hi,
in fact firstly I wanted start new thread too but now I am not sure. I start in Jonathon’s thread too and have absolutely same problems as krugman25. I want to start thread where will be discused all aspects of trading not only part of it and if you want know more you must pay. Firstly I loved Jonathon’s forum but after few days I wasn’t sure that it is the best. For me that thread wasn’t complex and if you have any question " out of range " or post a picture with trend lines or MA’s there wasn’t an understanding. I LOVE KRUGMAN25 IDEA and I am very happy that there is someone who has enthusiasm. Don’t know if Aaron remembered me but I must say that I remebered his posts and I agreed with 95% of his opinions. If there is someone who know something about forex and trading and don’t want money for sharing it for me it is Aaron. So I definetely want to be part of this thread. I am very happy that Aaron named for me all important PRICE ACTION CANDLES, PATTERNS and S/R lines
I have only two question … don’t worry :wink:
When you define S/R lines do you use round numbers (VBRN) and pivot points (in 4H charts I use daily pivots and in 1D charts I use monthly pivots)? If not it doesn’t matter but can I use them and post there my charts?
Do you plan to do something like weekend analysis and post it here on sunday? Basically for 1D charts??? I think it can be great to post there charts and analysis and say what is interesting in next week and what to focuse for. Just an idea ;).
Ok firstly I want post link to one great basic “book” about this type of trading but then I realize that it is not fair too Aaron so I will send him private message and if he like this book he can post it here if not I have no problem with it.
I hope this thread will be full of positive posts and if there will be negative ones then I wish they are constructive and bring something new.
My english is horrible this is my last apology. Sorry for my english. I am from Czech Rebublic and in this thread I want to learn trading and english ;).
Happy trading for everyone.
Bambi

Hey Krugman

BA will definitely be subscribing to this sucka! You offered great advice in the ‘other’ thread and would like to hang out here and learn more with you guys!

Hello Aaron.

Even if I wasn’t active member, I’ve followed your posts (and ones of other guys here) in another thread and I’m very happy you started this one.

Just to introduce myself, almost two years ago, I learned the PA method from a course and I’ve got a live account since one and half year ago; following my quite lose condition, a few weeks ago I decided to stop live trading and open a demo account. I need to analyze my PA method/psychology; so, I decided to restart from zero and rectify any my bad habits.
Since a month ago, I’ve seen again the PA signals and how drawing simple charts to identify possible key levels and swing points (elementary stuff). I haven’t finished to collect my notes, yet, but on the other hand I’m very interested about next steps to revise my method into the advanced aspects that you highlighted introducing in this thread.

I’ll try to give my opinion in your forum, even though it’s difficult for me at the moment reading and writing the posts as faster than you because of my English. I want improve it, too! :wink:

However, thanks a lot for your time and free support to learn PA features.

Cheers.
Claudio

Since Aaron so generously allowed us to post any relevant subject here I want to share with you my trading plan,

I wanted to convert it to a flowchart but I really suck at everything related to design etc… so I stuck with a simple text version

I am sure you will all be able to understand the idea behind it.

Please feel free to add/correct it and if you are interested convert it to a flow chart

[B]Read me first[/B]
I will not enter a trade unless my trading plan says I should enter it, It is the only way not to feel any guilt if I lost the trade and make objective decisions*
After I am in a trade, I will not touch the trade or edit the trade, removing all emotions and remaining firm on my initial observations, I will only move my SL to my benefit*
I will not bite more than I can shew, I will limit my risk to xxx usd / trade
I will not edit or change my trading plan while I am in a trade or withing 24 hours after I exit a trade (winning or loosing one)

[B]Should I take this trade[/B]
Is the timeframe Daily or weekly ?
No: No trade
Yes: Did I draw my S/R lines on daily TF?
No: Did I draw my S/R lines on daily TF?
Yes: Do I have a valid PA setup?
Yes: Did it happen at a valid S/R Level?
Yes: Is the market trending or consolidating?
Trending: Is the trade against the trend?
Yes: Is it a really strong reversal Pattern?
Yes: Did history show reversal at this level?
Yes: Am I trading directly into resistance?
Consolidating: Am I trading directly into resistance?
Yes: No trade
No: Do I have a lot of noise on the left?
No:Is there any Very Big Round Number close by?
No: Does price have at least 30 pips to move?
Yes: Is the trade really screaming to me?
Yes: Did I size my position?
No: Did I size my position?
Yes: Can I really afford to lose that money?
Yes: Take the trade

I hope to be part of this great thread, and its potential.

Wait, what…? I know what you mean, but at a brief glimpse, I have [U]a very different idea[/U] in my head.

Sorry, Elunar. Cannot resist it! :smiley:

Hi Krugman,
As a longtime lurker and reader of your posts elsewhere, I think you have a great deal to offer and i look forward to joining in this thread.

Way to go mate, you don’t know your potential unless you unleash it.

It is good to know who we are dealing with in a cyber space.
I’m sort of discreet when it comes to private life but I sure can share my professions;

I’m an Ex Visual effects artist, Military Soldier, Translator, Civil Engineer and now Trader.
Some of those above I went to Uni. for and others not.

I am a full time trader after a good long enough journey like everyone who relies their income on the market.
Now it doesn’t matter what system makes me money, it all about money and risk management that keeps my account afloat.

I wish everyone the very best of luck.

Cheers

1 Like

Tell you what bambino,you write in English better than I could write in Czech :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha, don’t worry, that’s not it :smiley:

Hey everyone, I am just getting ready to head out the door for church. I am overwhelmed by all of the support and comments here already. I know this thread is going to thrive and grow exponentially. The creation of this thread was somewhat sudden, so I have been really trying to figure out what it’s main focus will be, and to make sure it is a good free source of PA knowledge, much like the James16 thread. I realized the site has to at the very minimum have a general ruleset and boundaries for what is taught and discussed here. My goal is to make the boundaries of what is taught and used here the list of price action candles/patterns and various tools used to find S/R levels. I will be hitting mainly on how I trade PA to give the thread direction. People may like it enough to adopt it solely or others may want to tweek it up for their own personal style. How I trade and the price action and tools I use is already much more robust than any mainstream PA teacher out there. On top of that I want to allow and encourage others to take what I use and make it their own(I.E. i don’t expect everyone to do trade or money management exactly like me). I think it will strike a great balance here. I will comment more on individual posts a little later. Here is the new “Focus” I added to the first post of the thread.

Focus: My primary focus of this thread will be to discuss price action and the patterns/tools I believe are effective in price action. I have found these to be effective over years of experience and learning. These patterns/tools will be boundaries of what is discussed here. My secondary goal is to teach how I specifically use price action and the rules and methods I have implemented to become a successful trader. Traders here may want to try to learn and emulate my method, and others may want to adjust or tweak it for their own personality. Either way is fine, I just want to make sure we strike a balance between having a rule set to follow, and having the flexibility to make this price action “your own”.

Great job starting this thread Aaron.

I think the fact that you allow the use of EMA’s in your trading is very good, I personally use the 8 and 21 day EMA’s in my price action trading and find the 21 day to be heavily respected.

Anyway, suppose I could also introduce myself, I am a farmer and forex trader, before I started forex I was an affiliate marketer which was my main income, now I make the majority of my living from day trading EURJPY but price action is slowly starting to take over my trading style.

I think price action is the most valuable tool a trader can have in his box, I have used all kinds of systems, EMA crossovers, RSI and MACD… and find price action to be the most reliable, even price action on the 15 minute charts work, it’s all about reading the price and the story behind it.

Anyway, good luck with the thread, I will be keeping an eye on it :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hi ,

I suscribe to this thread, as it looks very promising, I hope to learn a lot.

Maybe you should start by defining an EMA and teaching me (us ??) how to add it to our charts in MT4 and MT5 ?

sorry never heard of that stuff :blush:

I’m not sure if I should reply to your post as I do not know how to integrate EMA’s into MT4, but I can tell you that…
-EMA (exponential moving average) is an indicator used to identify the direction and strength of a trend. How the indicator works is by averaging a period of data (hence the 8, 21, 50, 100, 200 EMA’s) into a visible line that you can monitor to determine trend and trend strength. Basically if price action is above a moving average it is thought to be in an uptrend, if it is below it is thought to be in a downtrend. The separation of the moving average from the price indicates strength.
-SMA (simple moving averages) are basically the same thing, an average of price within a given period, but do not put as much focus on current price movement.

Also, investopedia gives a great explanation of this, they even have a snazzy video to go with it :smiley:
Exponential Moving Average (EMA) Definition | Investopedia

Krugman 25, could you go into detail about what pairs you trade and why?

Hi Krugman,

in your thread, how important is the fundamental analysis? In the other thread, we are very strict about it. Virtually no news to be discussed, unless it’s about NFP. What about yours? Will it be more or less the same like the other thread? Or will you even be stricter here with no news at all? Or will you be very flexible and let us discuss it altogether how news affects Price Action?

Personally, I think most of the time news is misleading and crappy. I even consider fundamental analysis in Forex is ‘[B]funny[/B]’ and ‘[B]mental[/B]’. Well, not that funny actually, but it’s still completely mental! If you also do stock investing, you will agree that fundamental analysis in Forex is totally different with its counterpart in stock investing. In Forex, it’s more like a news analysis or sentiment analysis. I don’t like the idea of setting my clock at the exact minutes and then preparing the trade trap while either watching the TV about current news or refreshing my web browser at the same time until I got the newest data update. My friends who follow funny-mental analysis faithfully tend to do that as a scalper or daytrader. I personally don’t embrace that as a swing trader / position trader myself.

Don’t get me wrong, though. I don’t hate fundamental analysis at all, as I’ve told you I also use fundamental analysis in stock investing. [B]A lot[/B]. What enrages me is that in Forex people seem to have [U]perverted[/U] the real idea of fundamental analysis to justify their trigger-happy mindset in a very short term. Sad but true. :frowning:

Good luck, krugman! Seems like you’ve got many followers already. :slight_smile:

piece of cake,on your mt4 or mt5 go into view then navigator then indicators double click moving average and a box pops up,in period put in what you want ie 200 - 100 etc then on the drop down (ma method) you have simple, exponential etc ,select the one you want then the colour click OK then off you go,hope that helps ,good luck.