Price Action Trading

Hi Airborne, hmm no i buy the entire position at once…i do not split it up. After I place a trade with the specified number of lots, i then set a stop loss and if i get stopped out the entire position is closed. I also pick a place to for my first profit target, at this location i usualy close about 1/2 lots and let the rest run. Hope this helps.

Also, so as i understand your stop loss is 50 pips but your first profit target is at 15??

Thanks

Hi Milamber…i agree with you 100%. Thanks for the input.
Enjoy!

No prob. Just to quote an example, i’ve been long on GBP/USD since market opened today. It went up +30 pips and then back down again now at +14pips. I’ve moved my stops tighter to protect 10pips now and i’m eyeballing the PPI news coming out later if i’m still in this trade at that time. I won’t be too worried if price can break 215 before that. If i’m stopped out, i’ll be looking for a reentry point lower and still be pleased with my 10pips so far. Yeah, i’m betting USD will crumble this week. It was artificially buoyed up last week so inherent weakness should go against the dollar in all pairs esp, GBP/USD which has broken over a double bottom pattern. As i write this, the pair has gone back up to +19pips after resting at 180 for a long time. Putting a support line there since it has bounced off there twice already today. :slight_smile:

Well i was sick all last week so very sorry for not posting my daily possible trades but to make up for the loss i will post them now…

03-10-08

GU Sell trade

I had two barriers drawn and the price went and broke past the first barrier but my entry would have been at the break of the second barrier.

Entry @ 2.0203
Stop @ 2.0219 (stop loss is 21 pips away with spread)
Profit target would have reached with minimum 2:1 trade but my exit would probably be around 2.0080.

Well this was also a neat trade and followed my rules nicely.The GU was looking bullish and i was looking for my context and the trigger which did occur at 3:00.

BUY @ 2.0050
Stop @ 2.0043 (stop loss is 13 pips with spread)
Profit Target is the doji at the top of the move up which is also the 76.4% fib level of the move up. My Exit is around 2.0180

The GU did lots of funky stuff during the asian session but it still gave a nice context and buy trigger at 4:30

Buy @ 2.0103
Stop @ 2.0088 (Stop loss is 20 pips with the spread)
My first Profit Target would have been at the second black line (2.0176) on the 30 minute chart. I would have moved my stop to even and let the rest run probably.

This was the trade on friday that i was looking at. The first barrier was broken and i was looking for a sell but i knew that the second barrier was also there. The second barrier was also broken but the sell did not fit in to my rules. I finaly did not take the sell but it was a nice ride down anyway. :slight_smile:

Sell @ 2.0370
Stop @ 2.0397
Profit Target would have been some where…not sure realy :stuck_out_tongue: I will just use my imagination for this trade. It was a good sell and also made me realize that i have to add this context to my trading rules…

Good morning…woke up this morning for london open… waited for my sell trigger and after seeing it i went in.

Sell @ 2.0200
Stop @ 2.0215 (stop loss is 15 pips with the spread)
1st profit target was on the daily 61.8% @ 2.0088…this profit target was reached so i closed 10 lots for a profit of +112 pips… I moved my stop to break even. I will get some sleep and update later.

The two images attached are of my entry and first profit target reach.

thanks bye

Well i exited and closed all of my contracts @ 12:05 today for +165 pips.

It was an ok trade i guess…i didnt learn anything though :frowning:

attached is the exit of the trade.

Dude that is RAD, wow 10 lots man you sure took some from the market… Keep it up!

Hi, well after i woke up this morning at 4:00 am I observed the gbp/usd and made the decision to wait for a buy because i was bullish.

I waited for the time of my trigger from my 30 minute chart and finaly was shown what i was waiting for. The support break came with a nice 5 minute trigger and a buy @ 6:25

Entry @ 1.9904
Stop @ 1.9898 (stop loss is 11 pips with the spread)
Profit Targer #1 is around the 1.9955 area where i closed half of the lots and moved my stop to break even to allow the rest to run. Trade exited @ 2.0003, a nice +100 pips with a 1:10 risk:reward.

Thanks

Hi pppglowacki,
Would you be so kind to give me more information about these coaching persons?
What is the general trading method? I am trying to study price action with little if no indicators in it only with 9 sma and 30 ema in it.
Are you pleased with the services? with course they do provide and with the back up towards your success? How do you trade? how much time did it kcost you to become successful in trading?

I would be very happy if you would be so kind to answer me.
Phill

Hi Phill,

I think Price Action rocks!! :slight_smile:

Well its been 2 years since I signed up with FXTP and was it worth it? To me yes. I am still with them as well. It got me one step closer to my goal of being a consistent trader.

It took me a while to find my trading method. I am a price action trader and see support/resistance barriers very well (thats my strength). I use only 2 indicators on my charts but focus mostly on what price is doing.

I think a lot of people have to find there own way of trading, copying other peoples methods is not fun, and FXTP helped me find that way.

Hope that helps! Good luck in your trading!
Pawel

i dont really post much but here is freee tip.

Very good trade with a high probablity

Classic bump and run reversal pattern

Divergence on RSI also indicates reversal

Hit 4 hour price channel

sell gbp usd at current price 1.6565 or close as possible to previous high with a 100 maybe 150 pip stop loss of previous high 1.6595

profit at least 300-350 pips easy. just let it drop