Price action trading

Price action bar by bar is the only way to read and undersatnd what is happening.

Each bar is only created because someone bought and someone sold. Traders dismiss what happens on small timeframes as noise but again I say noise does not exist. What you are seeing is the same; buyers buying sellers selling.

However each bar also has to be read in conjuction with the overall chart. For example; a big bear bar that is the biggest bar in a bear trend but is occurring late in a bear trend is probably not strong bears selling but more likely weak bears selling late in the trend because of the FOMO. What can be gleaned from this scenario is the strong bulls are buying into that selling with the anticipation of a trend reversal from a bear trend to a bull trend.

This is just one small example of reading price action and undersatnding what may happen thus helping you to formulate a trading plan to take advantage of that trend reversal.

This can be used on any timeframe.

Cheers

Blackduck

4 Likes

Here is a quick easy to understand breakdown of price action pipsdj survival guide to forex markets on YouTube.

1 Like

I don’t think individual candles tell the story, look at price patterns the more complex the better.
TA is a better tool than just price action, candlesticks and other trading instruments are not for use in isolation.

I use support and resistance lines for my trading with no indicators ,
My secret weapon is the wyckoff analysis method , it takes considerable training but it pays off well,
Although to some people this idea might be considered as a " conspiracy theory " theme, but i think of the market as en evil maniac who tries to hunt down who ever he can , helped me many times

1 Like

I was unable to find this. Can you post a link?

You can search for Rayner Teo on YouTube

1 Like

I like Wyckoff. A lot to be said for that style of trading.

Cheers

Blackduck

perfectly put!!

The price action is a method of billable negotiation in the analysis of the basic movements of the price, to generate signals of entry and exit in trades and that stands out for its reliability and for not requiring the use of indicators.

Say What???

Blackduck

1 Like

Billable what now? :flushed:

Babypips does not allow links, search " PipsDj " with no space

Is this one of the videos? If so, its mostly rubbish as an intro to price action.

1 Like

The Wyckoff method can prove quite helpful as it is a method for long-term options trading.

Yep I will agree with that.

Cheers

Blackduck