Primary Objective is to trade the strategy

Sound advice @dpaterso… I agree fully.
To reach the level of emotional maturity at trading that you just described however comes with a lot of experience, It can’t be taught, it has to be learnt because the human mind processes memories of hurtful past experiences better than it processes things in theory. One may decide not to trade a certain way, but digression from that plan comes relatively easier than it does after one has experienced the cost of not following it.

@solid08, nice work you’ve been putting in here I have to say… I have your thread bookmarked and even though we trade in practically different ways. I still have myself a good read each time I pop in here. good job buddy and all the best with your trading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@macilme

thanks, i am loving the process and really trying to improve. Also, i like looking at other people analysis as long I trust my own. It helps me improve if I sometime miss something in the market that i am not seeing. Do wish you the best in you trading Journey.

1 Like

Weekly Review 5/12/19 - 5/17/19

Slow Week, but I was able to keep staying Consistent practicing backtesting 4x a Week.

Currently, i am working on adding to the plan with trades with the trend.Finishing up some data should take a few days then over the course of practice and live trades will keep improving.

Trades Taken:
None

Missed Trades:
None

1 Like

Weekly Watchlist 5/19/19

nothing really happening, waiting for opportunities to form just keep watching on EUR/USD and a few others

EUR/USD - Waiting for Long

• Weekly - A Wedge Pattern has been forming for a possible Reversal
  • Daily - Still in a downtrend.

Daily Watchlist: 5/23/19

The month has been slow, EUR/USD is showing an opportunity.

EUR/USD - Long

• Weekly - Price still in Wedge Formation
  • Daily - Strong Bullish Engulfing Candle at Key Support and double bottom at 1.11200 with MACD Divergence. The Candle has a nice long bottom wick that broke past the previous week low.
  • 4H - Strong bullish Candle at the start of NY Session
  • 1H - Price has made a New high and broke above the 50 EMA.
    • The entry look pretty solid with all time-frame aligned. The Candle on the Daily with a nice lower wick then nice bullish Candle. Waiting for Pullback for Entry
    • R/R: 3.9:1

Weekly Review 5/19/19 - 5/24/19

Slow month, no entry this whole month. Since, i been entering in counter trends but soon will be adding trends to add more trades.

Trades Taken:
EUR/USD - No Entry

Missed Trades:
None

Weekly Watchlist: 5/26/19

Slow month, no entries but going to start taking entries with trends but consistently improving the plan to making is SIMPLE. Just adding a Trend entries should increase trades but only choosing HIGH QUALITY entries.

EUR/USD - Long

• Weekly - Bullish Candle
  • Daily - Strong bullish move after double bottom but price is currently pulling back into the 50 EMA and Resistance. Either Price can break Either or will act as Resistance
    • Waiting for a possible entry long, but don’t know when.

Weekly Review 5/26/19 - 5/31/19

Very SLOW month, no entries for any counter trades. Planning to add trends trades in the following months.

Trades Taken:
None

Missed Trades:
None

Weekly Watchlist: 06/02/19

EUR/USD - Long

• Weekly - Wedge
  • Daily - Triple Bottom with an descending triangle with a strong bullish candle at 1.11200
  • 1H - MACD Divergence followed by a new High and break of 50 EMA
    • waiting for entry on the 1H EMA.
    • R/R: 4.5:1
    • Con: Price can still continue down and find support at 1.11200 or just break below.

Daily Watchlist 6/05/19

The EUR/USD entry was about few pips away from my entry but price decided no entry and hit’s TP in about two days.

GBP/CHF - Long

• Daily - Deceleration followed by a pinbar candle
  • 4H - Double Bottom
  • 1H - Break of 1H 50 EMA about to retest the 50 EMA also MACD Divergence
    • R/R: 1.5:1
    • just waiting for entry

Weekly Review 06/02/19 - 06/07/19

Good start of the Month, I had been waiting for this EUR/USD entry for about a month setting up for a long entry. We could see a potential New Weekly run, followed by a Daily trend.

Trades Taken:
GBP/CHF 6/05/19 (OPENED) - 6/06/19 (CLOSED) [1.70%]
EUR/USD 06/02/19 - No entry was about few pips away from entry. Price hit my Take profit by 6/04/19 would’ve been close to 4% return.

Missed Trades:
EUR/JPY 06/05/19 (OPENED) - 06/07/19 (CLOSED) [1.20%]*

• Daily - Deceleration followed by a Bullish Englufing Candle
  • 4H - Double Top
  • 1H - Break of 50 EMA follow by MACD Divergence
    • This entry was part of my plan, still missed it. I completely overlooked it. It’s pretty much the same as my GBP/CHF Entry.

Weekly Watchlist 6/09/19

This Week we could see possible Trend’s Reversing. Some pair’s showing some sign of deceleration with weekly bullish. Just waiting for Lower time frame to confirm my bias.

AUD/JPY - Long

• Weekly - Price has a strong bearish Run down for about 6 weeks run until a Bullish Candle close to possible support 74.600. Maybe Pullback about to start?
  • Daily - Price has been trending down with a recent MACD Divergence followed by a pullback.
    • Just waiting for some pattern to form

CAD/JPY - Long

• Weekly - Strong Bullish Candle at Key Support 80.700 with Double Bottom and Wedge pattern. There was a Strong bearish break to the downside followed by a Bullish Break back above
  • Daily - Waiting for some Pattern to go long but price could just continue down

GBP/USD - Long

• Weekly - Price has Decelerated at 1.2680 followed by a Bullish Candle
  • Daily - Waiting for a Pattern

NZD/CHF - Long

• Weekly - Deceleration at .6540 for about two Weeks followed by bullish Week
  • Daily - Price Has made a double bottom followed with MACD with a small run up but has slowed down. Waiting for a possible entry, could price maybe change into a Head & Shoulder pattern?

Happy Trading!!

# Monthly Review: May 2019

This was a VERY slow month for Counter trends, I barely had two possible entries but none triggered. There are some possible opportunities coming in June. I will be adding trend with the trend entiries very soon. May had quite a Few entries as it was pretty much Trending. Like they say “trade with the Trend”

I collected data for about 20 pairs of 2018 that resulted in about 24 trades following trends. It may not be much, but the the return is about 3 to 1. Less is more, just adding high quality trades.

The next few months I am going to work on Backtesting for 2 hours Mon-Thru then on Foundation (support/resistance, Price action, pattern, runs and trend) for about 1 hour. The session’s will be separated. I am going to try to go live soon but risk about .5%

Here is the data for May 2019:

I only had about two possible entries that didn’t trigger.

5/09/19 - CHF/JPY (No Entry)
5/23/19 - EUR/USD (No Entry)

May 2019

1 Like

Weekly Review 06/09/19 - 06/15/19

No Trades but have been able to back test this whole week. Just using the Weekend to see what to work on.

Trades Taken:
None

Missed Trades:
None

Weekly Watchlist: 6/16/19

EUR/CHF - Long

• Weekly - Price has found Support at the bottom of the Wedge
  • Daily - Price is still in a down trend just waiting for a pattern to form.

EUR/AUD - Short

• Daily - Price has been slowly Deceleration since 6/11 until recently it formed another Pinbar at Key Resistance. With the addition to MACD Divergence
  • 4H - Double Top
  • 1H - Price has Made HH but followed with MACD Divergence leading into a break of the 50 EMA
    • Looking for entry on pullback to go short for a quick power move.
    • R/R: 1.9:1

Weekly Review 06/16/19 - 06/21/19

The market has been trending for quite a while. There are some pairs finally possible reversing just looking for an opportunity. EUR/USD already reversed and other USD pairs are looking like they might reverse.

AUD/USD did have an entry this week but was a close 1:1 so i decided not to take the entry.

Trades Taken:
EUR/AUD 6/16/19 (OPENED) - 6/17/19 (CLOSED) [-1.00%]

Missed Trades:
None

Hey @solid08,

I’ve been following your thread for quite a while now.

I gotta say, you’ve been keeping things together really great.

Learning one or two new stuff each time I pop in to check on your reports.

Kudos buddy

1 Like

Thanks, I am just trying to made this as simple as possible. I just can’t wait to take more entries with trends.

I have seen your thread quite a few times, you have been doing really Great. Your strike rate is better than most. Keep at it.

Weekly Watchlist: 6/23/19

AUD/USD - Long

• Weekly - Bullish Candle at Key Support .68700
  • Daily - Price has made a New low with price starting to pullback of the Trend. Just waiting for a pattern.

EUR/JPY - Long

• Daily - H & S pattern with the right Shoulder with Deceleration before the week ending with a Bullish Candle
    • actually going to be looking for a entry

GBP/USD - Long

• Weekly - The Run is consolidating with a Bullish Candle ending the week
  • Daily - Price is in a pullback. We are going to just wait to see what happens before looking for a long.

Daily Watchlist: 6/23/19

EUR/JPY has an opporunity to entry long.

EUR/JPY - Long

• Daily - Price decelerated at right shoulder before a strong bullish Engulfing Candle
  • 4H - Double Bottom with the addition of breaking the 50 EMA
  • 1H - Strong break above the 50 EMA with a new High
    • Waiting for a Pullback to enter Long
    • R/R: 3.7:1

Daily Watchlist 6/26/19

GBP/CHF - Long

• Daily - Bullish Candle
  • 4H - Double Bottom
  • 1H - 1H MACD Divergence to break of 50 EMA
    • Waiting for entry
    • R/R: 1.4:1