Pro Commentary Lite ... 26th September 2007 ... GBPUSD

An excerpt from FX-Strategy’s Pro Commentary
[B]Price:[/B] 2.0171

Bias:Mixed – waiting for breaks
[B]Daily Bullish:[/B]Losses didn’t develop quite as expected yesterday and thus it would be well to wait for breaks. I still tend to prefer the downside but with the Dollar looking quite soft we need be cautious. If we are to see any additional gains then we will require a break above 2.0202-28. If seen it will strengthen the bullish argument and suggest gains towards the 2.0263-84 area – just a little care is advised around here but it would seem to suggest a retest of 2.0318 and possibly back towards 2.0365. Next resistance is at 2.0415. [B]MT Bullish:[/B]While I would still prefer a more bearish stance I wouldn’t argue with a break back above 2.0263-84 which would renew the test of 2.0318 and probably 2.0365 and 2.0415. ([B]26th September[/B])[B]Daily Bearish:[/B]With the downside breaking down yesterday we need to take this a little more carefully. I would like to prefer the downside still but would like to see it prove itself first. We need a cap around 2.0202-28 and from there a break below 2.0140 would aid the downside to below yesterday’s low at 2.0083 and probably down to the 1.9980-93 area from where I’d expect a recovery. Next support is at 1.9943-49 and then 1.9810-30. [B]MT Bearish:[/B]Losses have been helpful this morning but we still need a move below a potential triangle base at 1.9993-16. Below there would see 1.9830-77. Then I’ll review again. ([B]25th September[/B])


[B]25th September[/B]

The peak at 2.0318 didn’t appear to have any strong relationship and I am therefore taking a small step back to observe. There are a few alternatives but right now there appears to be room for losses to the 1.9993-16 area in a possible triangle.

Below there raises the chance of seeing a wave equality target of the move lower from 2.0365 to 1.9949 and this would rest at 1.9830.

Otherwise it is possible that a triangle is developing with a base at 1.9993-16.

[B]26th September[/B]
The downside hasn’t developed and raises the risk of a move above 2.0318 in Wave © higher.
[B]Ian Copsey[/B]
[B]See Also[/B]

[li]FX-Strategy Pro Commentary[/li]Comprehensive and insightful analysis[/ul]