Profiting from noise. Price Action Trading on tick charts

Welcome to the club, I understand some prop desks are at the same place. GOOOOO CATALONIA

The Ever Profiting Off Turmoil VIPER

1 Like

Ok, Locking in profits.

Where I am itā€™s time for bed. Looks like there could be some finishing liquidity here. But getting the extra trade in was a bonus and I donā€™t want to lose what profit I made, which was 3%. Tomorrow is a new day and more opportunities are to be had.

So while others are zooming in and out of time frames, looking for rejection bars ,dicking with pin bars, buying in valleys and spewing forth the same old same old some of us are just doing.

2 Likes

Good night, sleep tight and donā€™t let the Platypus bite.

The Ever Wishing Well From NC VIPER

1 Like

Well, sunā€™s up. Quick check of the chart. Looks like lessons learn from Monday paid off and I exited these trades at a perfect point

Todayā€™s agenda, I have to met Adam and Adam to beat them up with a big stick.

1 Like

I see from the PDF you are a big fan of Joe Ross. I am working my way through his literature, also on recommendation of that lass Lexys

So we all have busy lives. Iā€™m no exception so missed posting my trades yesterday. Sometimes I think I should rename the thread ā€œProfitting from noise - journey of a dumb speculatorā€

So, 4 trades taken yesterday. Had to zoom right out to capture them all so looks a bit messy

First two where losses. Trade one I tried to predict the market and we all know how well that works. Second trade got sux in at the end of the short trend lasting for the past 4 1/2 days. Proving the trend is your friend until it ends. Then got into two good long trades away. One closed out when it hit TP one manually closed. But Bobā€™s learnt to chase higher Risk:Reward ratios so one trade covered the loses, One trade profit. 3.59% in fact. Not bad for one day.

Dark clouds cover the sky today. Beware of charlatans.

1 Like

I more like the 1-2-3 pattern over the Hook itself. Down at this zoom level the validity of the pattern has to be scrutinize closely

1 Like

bro i as a newbie want give my idea and asking
i see some line in chart as support resistance and ,123 pattern rh and, boxes ,liquidity meter
its very nice that 4% a day
is all this require and helping you to execute the trade and which one is your one to rely on most
if the price is matter , does different sma like 100 200 give you and help you to find that same edge and accuracy
the orders are so purely executed and screening that i really want to see where it goes and what happen every time
i look forward bob

These are what help me. Will they help others, maybe may be not.

Boxes bro, always the boxes. Boxes are based on fractals i.e. price - highest high, lowest low. The liquidity is based on time and only time, which is why it wonā€™t work on a fixed time frame. Personally donā€™t believe in run of the mill indicators. But there are others (well at least one good fellow) whom are very experience with them.

The ross hook indicator is a very good trend indicator. Its also based on higher highs and lower lows

See the date of the first post. Thats over 3 years. Apart from a digression to Donchian Channel trading thread (very similar as both are based on break outs of highs or lows) this is all I do. Thats what gives me the edge.

Actually have just finished going back over this thread. It was the main reason for starting it. It truly documents a what stage of my journey I was at in this period. Its incredible to think how much it has evolved in this time. It is why people fail. They system bounce. Find what works for your then wash rinse repeat. It is truly on of the most boring occupations one can do.

Hasnā€™t always been the way. When I apply my one trade once a day 10 pip sl, tp rules, my best quarter was 8%. Thats the costs involved in that strategy. I needed to win 3/5 trades each week, 2/3 weeks to achieve that. A 1:1 risk reward ratio never returns that after costs. Learning how to widen my stop and obtain a better risk reward ratio is what brought consistence and a increased return.

The green and red lines you sometimes see arenā€™t support or resistance lines (the boxes indicate them) they are my trade sl and tp levels. Not the stops are not place at a level however a few pips above or below the level.

And as I type I enter my first for the day. Got 1% on, going for a 1:2 risk reward. Maybe Iā€™ll get a second entry latter

But if you excuse me have to take a short legged doji out for coffee

1 Like

The end of the week and how are things. Well, Thursdays trade never got going and got taken out. Had opportunities to get out for some profit but let the trade run itā€™s course.

Last night again only the one trade. A winner. So I put this one on looking for a 1:3 risk return. But then it got late. Trade had made good profit and it was time for me to hit the sack so I manually closed it. Then woke up today only to discover that if I had left it running thing it would of hit its target 20 minutes later. Love this game

Forward testing this new strategy now for two weeks now, here are the results

With all that said, Iā€™m done here. With the exception of a few good folks, this forum is polluted with filth and I simply canā€™t be bothered with it any more. So good bye to the all the good friends I have made over the past 5 years, I wish you good health. To the rest, in all honesty, your filth needs to be purged.

The first one that has to go needs a big Harami Cross stamped right in her forehead.

Why do we need more good female traders. Because the ones that frequent here are rubbish.

Be Well, and Trade Well Braugh

Oh. whoooom is the mystery person !!!

The Ever Sending Regards From The Palatial VIPER Ranch And Estate VIPER

1 Like

So if you are departing never to return here is there somewhere else to contact if there are questions about your uploaded package? I havenā€™t really delved into it yet, been busy with other reading ā€¦ thanks by the way sharing. All the best

Iā€™ll still be here bro. And Iā€™ll certainly maintain this thread. So any questions or general chit chat this will be my home.

Just not going to venture out into the general forum anymore.

As Mark Twain said
"Dont argue with stupid people. Theyā€™ll drag you down to their level then beat you up with experience"

Hope youā€™re able to take something away from my approach.

1 Like

Fortunately for this site :smile:

Funny how you and I came to the same conclusion at the same time, and yup, I will be mostly in the General Store

The Ever ā€œYou Canā€™t Argue with a Sick Mindā€ VIPER

1 Like

Ok Starting the week still with a bearish bias Tried to get a trade off early but it reversed closed and covered breaking even for the two trades. Have entered a third time with a second short only this time with a better entry. If it goes I should get 1:4 maybe higher as a return. Weā€™ll see how it pans out

1 Like

Added to this trade. This is a classic short break pattern.

1 Like

Have closed out for 4.63% or 2.3 return. Got spooked.

Approaching the 1.17500 level. Providing some support. Also 3 finishing liquidity spikes have formed. Not really strong signals in their own right but if volatility is low for today then itā€™s a good clue left behind.

1 Like

So got to have faith in my own abilities. :laughing:

Risk off feel this morning, guess we will see how the day progresses. Oh, donā€™t buy Theranos :laughing:

The Ever Early VIPER

1 Like

Well, a perfect stop or we gave you the opportunity to get out.

Very low volatility today. Thatā€™s no good to me. But got a hint of a long break and took it, entered twice.

Since then this has been the price action. Adjusted stops to match the low. The question is do I get out and cut my losses to a minimum. Or have faith in my analysis.

Think Iā€™ll keep the faith. Would be less of a decision if there was more liquidity and volatility in the market today. If Iā€™m wrong just sux it up and call it a day. There will be more opportunities tomorrow.