Psychology and risk management

Fucked up! Learning to take it better every time though.

I treat losses as an opportunity to learn and improve my trading. Coming back from a large loss is challenging, but success is never accomplished by denying, withdrawing from, or ignoring trading losses. Losses — especially substantial ones — can be opportunities to become a more skillful trader. Don’t you agree?

I agree with you, losses happen to let us know that we need improvement in our trading. It is necessary to learn from the mistakes rather than giving up.

1 Like

Didn’t feel too bad, cause I thought I will make it back but to be sincere the fear made me lose all the money in my trading account then :rofl:

These days I don’t feel much of anything–good or bad–no matter which way a trade goes or how far for or against, but this is the outcome of a brutal and costly 20+ year learning curve.

For the first 10-15 years losses triggered pretty much every negative emotion I’ve ever read about (panic, despair, rage, frustration, depression, fear, self-loathing to name some) along with every idiotic behaviour (most stupid probably revenge trading)–over and over for months at a time losing money hand over fist while battling to get out of the rut of the moment only to stumble blindly into the next rut.

As a footnote, my problem was overcoming a personality completely unsuited to trading and hence I identify with traders fighting a similar battle. Ironically the personality trait that on the one hand caused me the most grief – pig-headed stubbornness – was probably what forced me to endure until by slow degree I arrived at a measure of consistent profitability.

1 Like

Obviously anyone can feel bad when they have a large loss. It takes a lot of effort, time, and patience with the right strategy to make profit in Forex.

Psychology and risk management are interrelated. Excluding any one of these two, it is not possible to earn a trading profit.

1 Like

Mental peace and proper risk management both should be managed to make trading effective. Anyone can experience losses in Forex, so it is very essential to make your mind stable and follow the risk management practice while executing trades.

1 Like

May I know what risk management practices do you follow?

That's the right flow of thoughts I guess. Every human being who consider trading as a long-time activity must have to know that patience is the key to success, as well as an ability to wait. In this ativity is almost impossible to reach success in short periods that's why lots of novices give up trading in first months. I'm convinced that right psychological attitude will help to become top traders. Skills, experience, knowledge too matter a lot, however without right "settings" in your brain nothing is achievable. Traders must have to remember that losses is a big part of their learning, hence they're, I can say, useful.
1 Like

Can’t not to agree with you. Trading activity requires lots of resources of our organism including both mental and physical health (mainly because they’re tightly connected with each other). Sometimes it seems like losses take back from our organisms more than give. They take back our emotions, stability, patience and all positive emotions, while give us only experience. I’m sure that psychology is the hardest part in trading, other things like money and risk managements, analysis, learning aren’t so depleting for our brain and health. I wish I met more psychology courses which are aimed especially on traders, I think we have to move this idea to mass (to create more such courses).

The feeling is generally one of disappointment coupled up with worry and some guilt too as you feel you could have handled the trade better. It is normal to feel bad but at the end of the day you need to accept a loss as it is part of trading. The best you can do is handle it better in the future by carrying out more analysis and making better decisions which are not too risky.

It is important to correctly adjust yourself psychologically to trading. Otherwise, there are many risks, and the result may not be the most profitable.

Trading psychology is important to control your mind and emotion in trading.

psychology is very important in general in life, not only in your occupation, therefore, this aspect must always be taken into account, because this can greatly affect your results in the future

Wouldn’t have a huge loss if there’s controlled risk. The problem is multiple losses in a row for me.

if you loss big,that means you are waiting thinga happen on you.to reverse that,you need to work on initiative stoploss,could help you

I avoid situations where I can receive big loss on my trades because I keep stop losses tight

In my opinion, psychology and risk management are the most important parts of trading activity, because they literally generate you money. If you will understand that you shouldn’t tushing and you shouldn’t let the emotions get you down, then perhaps you will get rid of any doubts and will always be confident in your powers.
As for risk management, then it’s also very significant for a trader to comply with these practices, because they afford traders to earn money in long-lasting perspective. If you will open position with the full amount of your deposit, especially with leverages and during high volatility, then you can say goodbye to your money.

Highly agreed mate!