Pure Price Action For Dummies

Really annoying can not like any post with Iphone or Ipod, I think we need to request babypips to update the apps asap.

1 HR EU

waiting for the price to come down 1.3500 purple line. hopefully we will get an entry to go long around that price.

hi sharebazar, iā€™m just starting to learn about forex and this thread from Nikitafx is amazing. From Nikitafxā€™s screen shots, there are many aha moment for me, but when it comes to view my own charts without any guide, Iā€™m confused :slight_smile: well ā€¦ Iā€™m learning. For example, looking at your screen shot above, Iā€™m wondering why do you have to wait for the price to touch purple line to enter the trade? I know the overall trend is going up for Euro, but why donā€™t you buy when the price touches green line (above purple)? I hope you can enlighten me.

Thank you.

Today Iā€™m bit skeptical about the EU move. Iā€™m expecting a move to south. So no trade today.

For long entry on EU, The support is seeing at 1.3550-60 area. Further move to south not a logical one to enter long IMO. The 1.3500 already supported yesterday.

I hope my analysis will be wrong.

Hi yenny only reason I will wait for the purple line is to reduce my SL, you are correct we can buy around the green line which I marked in the chart, but I am trying to reduce my SL in every trade, if I dont get the price I want I will look to different pair, as you said over all bias is to go long, but we are not 100 % sure that price will go long so if the price go against my entry I will only loose what I want to loose on this particular trade. I hope you understand.

Iā€™ve decided that i wont go through any thread expect this one. Was going across few threads and their strategies really did confuse me a lot.

dear nikitafx ,i was following your trading system last few months,i just start real account this jan-2013,i enter 5 trade (3 won ,2 los)yesterday i made a big mistake AUD-NZD SHORT,
http://forums.babypips.com/readers-choice-trade-week/51095-aud-nzd-short.html
i enter this trade for trade of the week ,but it reach stop loss within half hour i think,

what i did wrong,i was not wait until NY close ,i put a pending order before 45 minuts NY close (because i am living GMT +4:00 zone ,that means my NY close time is 02:00 AM)
last 30 minutes there was a huge movement ā€¦ 80 pips i think,
i am very sorry nikitafx , i think i am not a good student :15: ,but i learn a lesson from this trade ,
i will never repeat this
thank you

Gold D1

Gold H4

Time to go short? What do you think about this chart Nikitafx (othersā€™ opinions are welcomed) ?

Thank you

I cant see the rest of the charts as i havent traded gold on my mobile apps yet.

But by just looking at both the charts, i will be very careful shorting.

Wait for a strong signal with a minimum SL if you must. Looks like the resistance is very strong.

You know, I can imagine a minimum of 3 types of outcomes. 1. price break outs and goes throw the trendline 2. false breakout 3. reverse at trendline - in this case trendline shoul be a resistance-like thing, so, a strong line, what price approaches with low pace, volumeā€¦ i donā€™t know what will be the case, but try to think about it, where would you like to be in with your position. I think, not at the trendline. btw, these charts reminds me very much to the ENZd and ENok- if you find them similar too, please tell me. if not, that I wanna know too. I just donā€™t know if I stared too much at them or what :slight_smile: (pss, my vote is in the middle)

Your D TF also looks like what we call a wedge pattern. Usually under such conditions where the resistance ( in your chart its resistance ) or support holds for such a long period and price is gradually squeezed towards it, a sudden explosive breakout will happen towards the other side.

So, itā€™s best to wait for another day to confirm the pattern?

:)))

Its the sort of chart i, personally, will keep from pulling the trigger.

There are no patterns, yet.

Its just whiplashing in the area.

I can see false breakout 2 days ago, and based on past chart, I can see strong sellers, thatā€™s why I decided to sell. But I held it for only 50 pips and got out. Iā€™m still learning when the right time to enter a trade, so letā€™s see what happen in few days ahead.

Well it happened. EU aggressively sold off. But one day late. I hope Sharebazar banked some pips from the long entry.

am thinking to long ECHF

:smiley: okey, go long. good luck. Put a 150 pips stop loss.

Euro Aussie D TF

Was late, but still 120 pips up.

Trade on BE.

EU W TF

Red line is immediate support area that has been broken today.

EU D TF

We anticipate market to pull back to the support that was broken, to be tested as resistance, before price falls further south.

EU H4

Validity of the weekly support can be seen on the smaller TF

EU H1

This is how we plan for tomorrows trade.
If price does what i think it would do, than there is a trade or me, else, its sitting on the sidelines with pop corn.

Hi Nikita very nice chart, yes I will wait until the price come to my entry level, otherwise I will wait until next week as tomorrow is friday. I am learning slowly but surely.