Pure Price Action For Dummies

I have gone through all of the post in this thread but my main problem is I still having difficulty to draw SnR level and confuse to draw that level whether on weekly or monthly before I watch lower TF (Daily,H4,H1).I realize that the key level is the important part of this method after we identify bias.I hope Nikitafx and sharebazar can help me to solve this problem.Happy trading!

Hi izzdin, for me weekly SnR are very good. Because I don’t hold the trade for long. But I try to watch the Monthly SnR beginning and end of the month. It is good practice to have monthly SnR on your chart then move down to lower TF accordingly.

You can always get a good setup near the weekly SnR and daily SnR when you trading according to the bias.

I don’t have enough trade on monthly SnR, but Nikita have good success record according to the monthly SnR as we can see from her post.

Hope Nikita will give us more clear picture.

EU Weekly

EU Daily

EU H4

This trade is executed based on Weekly bias which is Sell. Entry is based on H4 chart that show us Bearish Engulfing Bar on Monday that form at Weekly resistance level. Second entry is taken while price is retracing due to boredom. Still trying to figure whether I’m doing the right way according to Nikitafx’s method

[QUOTE=“sharebazar;643173”]Hi Nikita do you still holding the position on ENDZ pair. Lots of pips…[/QUOTE]

Still on it. Thought it would be a 300 pip move. Its stuck now and i dont like to hold during the end of the month.

And i dont have a good place to move SL other than BE

[QUOTE=“sharebazar;643139”]Hi Nikita glad to be back. Just going through very hard time in life. Did not get enough time to do trading. Just trying to be strong and trying the best to overcome the difficulties. Praying that it will be over soon.[/QUOTE]

Its always darkest just before dawn my friend. Always.

Hi izzdin very nice entry.

I’m glad to get 52.7 pips for this entry. NZD/USD also give me about 55.5 pips this morning. May pips be with us :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“izzdin;643957”]I’m glad to get 52.7 pips for this entry. NZD/USD also give me about 55.5 pips this morning. May pips be with us :)[/QUOTE]

Nice trading my friend!

Hi All,
Just joined babypips, actually thought of joining only post reading this thread.
Hope to learn PA and get better at trading.

Nikita the strategy you posted on Page1 really is simple and easy to understand, will surely try some trades in the futures market using that. Hoping to post some chart pics and get feedback on whether I get it right.

Cheers,
Kam

Hi Nikita,
Correct me if i am wrong.

D TF - Use for determining Bias
H4 TF - to determine Support and resistance
H1 TF - for entry and exit

This is what i could get from post #372.

Kam

[QUOTE=“kamx;644215”]Hi Nikita, Correct me if i am wrong. D TF - Use for determining Bias H4 TF - to determine Support and resistance H1 TF - for entry and exit This is what i could get from post #372. Kam[/QUOTE]

The method is still the same, though some concepts I no longer utilize.

Correlation is one aspect Ive totally abandoned. Watching higher TF for momentum is much more accurate

These days I use weekly and monthly for bias, DTF and H4 for entry. This is due to my trading frequency.

It still works on smaller TF.

If you don’t mind me asking, what is the usual accuracy %? knowing it will help me guage my performance as a trader as i go through the whole circle.

So do you first check for bias on monthly chart and then confirm it on weekly, is that how you do it?
What about exits do you look at DTF or H4 TF for those as well?

Have you reduced the trading frequency because of not enough time to trade or because it still get’s you the same returns with higher time frame analysis?

Phew…too many questions running through my mind… need to breath…

Thanks,
Kam

Last week open only 1 trade on USD/JPY did not went according to the plan hit my SL and closed with -32 pips.

Waiting for the next week may be I will get a decent setup to open position.

This week is a NFP week.Should be more cautious on entering position.

[QUOTE=“kamx;644300”] If you don’t mind me asking, what is the usual accuracy %? knowing it will help me guage my performance as a trader as i go through the whole circle. So do you first check for bias on monthly chart and then confirm it on weekly, is that how you do it? What about exits do you look at DTF or H4 TF for those as well? Have you reduced the trading frequency because of not enough time to trade or because it still get’s you the same returns with higher time frame analysis? Phew…too many questions running through my mind… need to breath… Thanks, Kam[/QUOTE]

1. Accuracy % is very hard to say.

Cause PA comes down to traders own reading.

I look at monthly and weekly.
but my pivot is weekly.
last week buy, this week buy. Only avoid first week and last week chart. Buy at closest previous wick. Confirm with H4. A definite go if DTF bias is also the same.m

Monthly is also used for bias and areas of support and resistance to watch out for.

Exits I use Daily H4 and Weekly.

I dont use monthly because im too emotional and I cant hold for that long.

Trading frequency reduced because of psychological reasons too. It gives me time to look over trades and not rush into it. It gives me the most important element in trading, patience. Patience will reduce losses which in most cases happens because of emotional trading.

Winning rate has been above 60% consistently over every ten trades with a minimum RRR of 1:2. This is averaged over 10 trade sets before increasing risk.

Ive never had more than one consecutive 10 over 10 winning trades. Best streak was 13.

Watch for Euro kiwi buy this coming month. Wait for retrace on weekly.

I understand this is a forex forum but can you look at this chart from PA point and tell me if my analysis is correct.
What I see is a sell entry with SL at previous HH.

NIFTY INDEX FUTURES H1 CHART

NIFTY INDEX FUTURES DAILY CHART

All,
newbeee here.
I am going through this thread still (Page 127), long way to go for the finish. But I thought of doing some testing. In my demo account, I opened (8 p.m. EST) a long trade on usd chf. I would like to know whether my trade is correct. I don’t know whether the method has been changed over the years. I haven’t gone through the whole thread yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solid red lines are SR for D
Solid yellow are SR for H4
NO SR for H1, couldn’t find any recent SR levels

Bias on D TF in up (I think), no confirmation candles to enter a trade

Go down to H4, no entry signals

Go down to H1, and saw 2 hammers, just touching the Daily SR and entered long trade (a bit late) @ 0.9089, sl : 0.9078, tp : 0.9115

It has changed some (not sure of recently since I have not been on in almost a year. I am sure the overall basics are the same and you are well within them. Personally I dont like the trade you entered as I dont really see any hammers there but it does fit entry criteria (or at least did). You are in the trade now just wait to let it play out.

Keep reading you have a ways to go and you will pick up other concepts along the way some you might like and others you will probably toss out. Just stick with the basics and you will adapt to it.

My SL was not in the right place :frowning: Left label was my Sell entry The right label was my SL set at 173.388

I am not sure exactly where you entered but dont really see a valid entry. A more valid entry on that screen IMO assuming those lines are S/R levels would have been waiting till the top line got tested which never happened. At the very least your stop should have been above that or why even mark them on your chart.

Sorry for your loss but they happen. Stay focused mistakes happen especially in the beginning stages of trading. Overall you would have racked in some nice pips. I think you need to work on entries more than stop loss placement. You will never know where to place a stop if you dont have a clear entry. You might have a clear entry I am just not sure what you see.