Pure Price Action For Dummies

Hi gkuang2,

Welcome to this thread.

If the candle that you are looking at is on the daily chart you have to wait till it is closed before you can say it is a spinning top. Weekly candles are used in this method for Bias Then look for price to retrace to support or resistance and then go to 1H time frame to look for entry. Bias is short

TC

Thanks TC, yea i was tired and misread it and I just realized that the candle was developing. I know that NIkita uses weekly TF to determine bias as you mentioned above. Can the D TF still be used for bias or no? So after I find the Bias, I am looking for support and resistance/ reversal candle for an entry? Is that correct?

What do you guys think of this EUR/JPY pair?

is this a buy for tomorrow if its a long candle (confirmation) for today?

Hi gkuang2,

Please see the chart below.

Weekly

Daily

1HR

15M

Bias is short weekly and daily , we don’t know how the daily candle will close today. But what we know today is to go short around resistance area on lower TF.

See the red horizontal line can be a potential resistance to go short today, around that area.

But if you think about the long term trade we can see the 136-135.50 is good place to go long but it is all depends on the daily and weekly TF how they closed.

See the bottom horizontal line which can be a potential support for long position.

Thanks for the reply Sharebazar, so i think i got the bias down. What I am still confused about is how you came up with your support and resistance level?

Hi gkuang2,

See the marked points that give the support / resistance. The double line gives an area of support / resistance. Not all wicks of the candles are clearly visible in this picture so check your own charts to get a clear picture.

TC

Hello all
I haven’t been here for a while…
Hope everyone is doing ok after the CHF movement yesterday.

thanks for the explanation TC, i got it now. I saw the resistance/ support levels on the weekly and did not know they were the same ones on the other charts as well so I got really confused. Thanks!

Hi TC, one more question. In the reply Sharebazar wrote he also mentioned the 137.007 and 136.730 support/resistance levels. Do you know how he got those numbers? Thanks!

Hi gkuang2,

Check the daily TF how many times price touches around those areas.

You can draw a horizontal line in a chart wherever you want but to become a potential Support / Resistance we need to see how the price respecting the horizontal line or around that area. Always good to draw it in higher TF.

Simple. Each timeframe has it’s lowest and highest points in price. In candlestick charts it is the ends of tales of lowest and highest candlestick. S&R became stronger when price touches the point several times but can’t get through it. Despite of its simplicity very sophisticated systems could be developed based on this principle. For example I use powerful combination of stop and limit orders on EUR/USD at Hotforex, but note that it works only with high-liquid pairs and very low slippage.

Hi Sharebazar,

Pls enlighten me on my understanding on this trading method. To sum it up, I will put it in point form. I realized that this method of trading breaks down into 3 most important points:

1. Bias
  2. BPC
  3. valid S&R lines

I realized that be it trading the weekly bias or daily bias is no difference in the sense that the theory is still the same, (although trading daily bias- frequency to take a trade will be more) So 1st, we need to determine on the bias, which is the direction that we want to go. Ex: Last week buy, this week buy. Yesterday buy, today buy.

1. Den we need to watch out for BPC(breakout, pullback, continuation) I realized that for anyone to learn trading, this is a very important subject. Once you master the art of spotting BPC, you can trade on every time frame bcos it happens all the time. And for us to watch out for price action, it need to happen on point 3, which is a valid S&R line.
    I would like to sum it up that point 1,2 and 3 is just part of the price action story, and together with these 3 steps, and price action candles forming, then its a complete picture.
  2. S&R lines is something which is not set in stone. It is no exact science in the sense that no 2 person can fix it in exact numbers. It can only be concluded as an area. Ex: between 1.1234 - 1.1244. Correct?

Then we need a proper money management to execute- of cos I am still learning on this aspect.

Pls let me know if I am rite in understanding Nikitas way of trading, thank you…

Hi Gssg,

You are spot on. Very nicely explained.

If we follow these three things in our trading we can reduce lots of bad decisions.

According to this method we just need to stick with this method simple rules, no need to make it complicated.

These 3 points are the main ones and their are few more small points which Nikita already explained in the beginning of the thread.

Money management is very important in any business, so learn it properly.

Hi everyone what do you think about EU pair.

4HR

Hi Sharebazar,

I also spotted this entry, but my entry was a bit earlier, on the H1 chart after a bearish pin bar at 0800. I find this indecision candle was a good sell as prices are forming LH as well.
However I was stopped out. Haiz…
Did u enter a sell also?

Hi Gssg,

Just closed my position with 42 pips.

5 Min

First trade of the Year 2015.

Opened another short position on EU pair and also hit my TS and closed with 46 pips.

15 Min

Great job sharebazar now you can ride it up.

Hi Sharebazar,

I was curious about your entry. Can you explain a bit about your reason for entering? I see that your sell was after the strong spike up. And why do u open 2 position?

Many thanks.

Hi,

I got the same trade but only 1 time about 64 pips My entry was a pending order around SR When I got back I put a TS on it.

Sharebazar what was your SL on these trades? Normal you have max 50 pips? How you look at R:R?

I have 7 loosing trades against 2 winners. Not doing to well

TC