Pure Price Action For Dummies

Tc Holland , you hit it right on the head , that is they way i did it. I was in noooo hurry to get up there at all because i wanted to experience every way of trading possible, and then pick and choose want i felt comfortable with. experience is key to success in anything you do in life. So wants you have that experience and you feel that good about trading, then is ok to put more money on risk. so you can add extra $$ to your acct when ever you can to hurry up where you want to be at. So those 4 years as you pointed out can be cut down to half that time. Its all about NOT hurting yourself while your on the process of building up your future.

Hi TC,

As I mentioned to you previously, all of FXCM’s US-dollar denominated MT4 servers have New York Close charts. That means the server time zone is set to GMT+2, so midnight on the MT4 charts coincides with 5pm New York time.

All of FXCM’s Euro-denominated MT4 servers are set to GMT which means you will see a 6th Sunday candle each week. To get an MT4 demo with New York Close charts, simply register for a US-dollar denominated demo instead.

This page has examples of how the commissions work for a US dollar-denominated trading account: Forex Pricing - FXCM

In regards to withdrawals, FXCM offers several options. Some are free like credit/debit card, and some have a fee like bank wire. You can review all the options and request a withdrawal from your account anytime 24 hours a day on the MyFXCM.com website.

If you prefer to have a Euro-denominated trading account, then you can still get New York Close charts if you use our Trading Station platform. If you can’t run Trading Station Desktop because you use a Mac or Linux, you should still be able to use Trading Station Web: https://tsweb.fxcorporate.com/

Thanks Jason

I need 5 day NY close and I am going to open a life account. The web version has problem with keeping information The desktop version doesn’t run on my computer (my computer is the problem) So I need 5 day NY close on MT4 Do I have to open a dollar account or euros?
TC

Thanks Tonyro44

That is giving me the right direction to go and it starts with opening an account. I can open an account on the level where I want to be at but I am not going to that. I will follow your advice and build it up slowly. I know I need the experience and I have time

If you want New York Close charts on MT4, then you should open a US dollar-denominated trading account.

Trade closed on NZD / USD pair. Trailing stop hit and closed with 138 pips, price is still going down.

Nice trade But I dont see what bias you used? BPC on weekly?

Hi TC,

It was on daily bias, and my entry was near resistance. I can’t upload the picture now I will try to upload again later.

Dear Nikitafx,

Thank you so much for your kind sharing. I just started reading your post yesterday. I am new to forex.

Can I know what do you mean “confirmed candle” ? Are them the 6 basic candle pattern you mentioned ?

Thank you and best regards,
Isaac

Hi Isaac,
Welcome to the thread, you take a very good decision to go through this thread. For a new trader this thread can be very useful and it can save you money and time.

Unfortunately Nikita is no more posting on this thread and babypips. But I think Nikita already written everything we need to know about this trading method.

Yes you are correct she means 6 basic candle pattern for confirmed candle. But always remember that it need to form on or around higher time frame ( daily/ weekly ) support and resistance area.

Hope it helps.

Trade closed on silver with 153 pips.

Hi Sharebazar

Nice trade on silver. I am loosing money for the last 2 weeks Cant find good trades on forex I see you are also looking for other markets I made small profit on shorting EURGBP but SL was hit at +50 pip It could have been double but it missed my TP on 2 pips

TC Holland a win is a win tomorrow is another day. 50 pips is good money if your pip value is high. :: ))

Hi Isaac,

Sharebazar answered your question already The conformation candle where Nikita is talking about is the candle after the signal on the AU chart (the last candle) It confirms the change of the direction

Sharebazar do you use NY close charts with FXCM?

Thanks but it didn’t make up for the loss before it missed my target of 110 pips by 2 pips hit my SL and back to my target again But you are right a win is a win

On what time-frame you make your trade decisions? It is hard to find 1 or 2 trades a week

Usually i do the daily , but i like the 1hr ,4hr and the daily to trend the same direction and of cause there are other factors to come to play as well. TC Holland your doing fine from what i see you post.

I use trading station and I change the settings to merged weekend data to monday data, and I get 5 day chart, and it will give you NY close chart.

I have the trading station working on demo now. I had some problems installing it. On MT4 I had to open a dollar account to have NY close and still not have 5 day charts You can not merge them in MT4 as far as I know.

I just need some time on this platform not making mistakes and find a good setup to work with. It seem to have a limit on how many instruments you can use.

I made 37 pips today short on GU SL was hit. Just a small trade