Pure Price Action For Dummies

lol I am always logged on to facebook not always by the computer though. I leave my computer exactly the way I left it lol. The only time it gets shut down and cleaned up is on the weekend. Now thanks to Nikita I am a member of an elite group of traders know as the Luminous Alley.

Hi SweetPip 5 more thread left to be 50.

LOL, its funny you should say that as I get added by so many who I dont know at all.

If you cant send me a friend request, just send me a message and I will try to add you.

I dont use FB that often either as that account was started for fx and now I got so much people on there whom I dont even know.

Hi Sharebazar this is indeed a powerful and simple method. The problem is that it is so straightforward and easy that you’ll try to complicate it by creating and adding your own rules. Which was what happened to me.

I was enjoying it so much that I overtraded and ended up scalping! I was also so confident that I always try to hold on to a winning trade to aim for ever higher pips even though most of the time I can exit with 40+ pips. As expected I either BE or got stopped.

In the week prior to this I was consistently making profits albeit small one but bottom line I was profitable! I then got greedy this week and the mental and psychological aspect of trading was forgotten. This week alone I made 42 trades for a grand loss of 222 pips. Last week I made 49 pips.

I realised my folly yesterday and went back to basics and put in “only” 4 trades following strictly Nikita’s PPA and I made 60 pips.

My target next week is to trade less and ensure no losses. Thankfully this is a demo account but I thought it’d be good if I share my newbie experience with you.

Good luck and remember if it ain’t broken don’t fix it! :slight_smile:

Hey its just a bunch of traders sharing a group and trying to post trades before it happens.

Just to bounce ideas off each other. It has just been started and I dont know how far it will go.

I sometimes find it better not to read news or listen to too much opinion on what the market is doing. That includes hanging out on forums or groups like the above. It influences your decisions and you subconsciously start ignoring what the chart is saying.

I find it always screws up my trading.

I should have bought according to the system on Friday but since everyone was so sure of the Eurocrisis and talking about Euro crashing, I ended up not trading and missing great pips. ( I didnt sell because H4 clearly showed that it might go up but its definitely not going to go down. )

So sometimes its best to just look at the charts and trade off it.

42 trades? :stuck_out_tongue:

Naughty naughty. If you miss a trade, leave the platform. Come back tomorrow. Trying to catch up unbalances us and we will loose. Been there, done that.

Welcome abroad. I hope this method and the thread in particular and babypips in general will help you as much as it has helped me.

Hi psylence 42 trade? How many pair you traded, I will never do that now,done it before to make more pips ended up losing more pips. Maximum 2 trade a day because rule is rule. Thanks for sharing.

Michael22Orr you are most welcome,I am still learning the chart reading but I hope you will find the Nikitafx system very much accurate.

I traded the Majors i.e. GU, AU, EU and this week I started UC(USD/CHF). My take is AU is the hardest pair to trade as it can be very volatile and GU is least volatile and seems to give me better signals and lesser losses among the 4. Having said that I try not to restrict myself to GU only although my preference would be for GU. If I spot a good entry on either of the 4 pairs I will enter.

I agree with you as well maximum 2 trades a day although it can be very hard to resist the urge to => Just. One. More. Only. :slight_smile:

That will be the aim next week. I.e. not 2 trades as it is like cold turkey to cut down down from almost 10 trades a day to 2. But I will not go above 3-4 trades a day. Money management and RR will be key next week. I am getting very much better at MM and RR and I will use it to curb my urge.

I will report in occasionally to update how it is going. One thing I can say with a certainty is that this method works. I know I am a newbie so take it with a pinch of salt but I after going through a few systems and indicators I really really do like Nikita’s method.

Thanks Nikita and I will try not to be as naughty next week. :wink:

It is better to stay with the major pair, but if there is a good setup according to the rule and MM it is possible to trade outside of the major pair. I think senior member can give more advice.

Well it works with all pairs but not all the time. Sometimes higher TF PA comes into action or to a complete and this will cause lower TF PAs to behave in odd ways. like continue to fall without a stop.

other times, like Friday, it works brilliantly.

I started watching EA after UCHF started behaving oddly because of intervention and it really followed PA down to the dot.

But than watching EuroCHF and its all over the place.

I guess it all comes down to how comfortable we are with a pair.

Hi how do I upload the chart on the forum.when ever I am trying to upload the chart it is giving me a message that can not upload error.

U have to upload into a site like Photobucket.com

Once u have uploaded the image there, you have to copy the link of the picture and paste it here.

I bought GU today just before Ldn open and got stopped. I don’t get it all indications are that it’s a buy. Am quite disappointed as I wanted to start the week with a bang.

Is there anything that I missed out?

I am no expert, and others will have a view, but from a quick look at my chart, I have a pretty solid line of S&R drawn on at 1.6100; from the time you mention, it looks as though you went long just below this level? If you pull up a 240 chart, Price has made three consecutive lower highs, while broadly respecting this level (it is never a precise thing).

To my eye, Price formed a double/treble bottom on 23/09, 04/10 and 06/10, then went into an uptrend which ran out of steam on 27/10 when it hit the 1.6100 level. Since then we have been ranging between around there and around 1.5862. We have a rough triangle forming (ascending or symmetrical, it’s a pretty subjective one. If you try a 200ema on your 240 chart it might be clearer what I am talking about. What happened this morning was that Price rejected the top of this range and fell back towards the bottom, and hit a reaction as it hit the 200ema, so some way short of the bottom of the range but currently helping the rough triangle idea.

For me, the picture is a little mixed, particularly for a Monday morning, so I did not trade this, but had I traded it I would have shorted out of the 1.6100 area, targeting the bottom of the range. The three recent lower highs would have had me wanting to trade it in that direction rather than expect a breakout now. It will be interesting to see now whether Price drops a further 70 pips, or goes back up from where it is. That will help frame my overall view of the Pair. Either way, I expect that we will see another test of that 1.6100 level this week, all things being equal, but for my money, and to answer your original question, you went long when a short back into the range looked the more likely technical setup.

But others might disagree, that’s the joy of Forex lol!!

ST

GU H4

GU H4

GU H1

GU H1

The trend line chart and trade set up is thanks to the analysis of Yaniu Mervin.

Matter of fact he helped me reaffirm direction for this trade on Friday itself.

He had this set up ready on Friday itself.

Althought it was a buy on Friday, we have to remember the last few hour rally up was due to some news announcement from Italy or something and not really natural market movement.

Its very rare that the market shoots up so much on a Firday late US session trade, except for very rare NFP day trades.

If it was not for that, market would have turned at 1.5950 on Friday. That was the natural high for it to go further south.

Finally, if we draw our S&R line around 1.6063 and switched between H1 and H4, we can see that prices were bouncing south and not going up.

Thanks I will try with the photobucket.

Thx ST.

Now that you mentioned it. I realised that the H4 of EU AU GU all had either a doji or an almost inverted hammer on the close of Friday last week. Still it was tough call though. Maybe I should follow Nikita’s advice and stay out of the market on Mondays.

Anyway many thanks for dissecting the pair and making it easier to understand. I like the way you analyse the trades though. Will look out out for all this info in the future.

No problem at all, glad you liked it. This is a good thread, and I echo Nikita and generally tread carefully on Monday mornings. It’s a long old week, no need to rush in first thing before it’s clear which way the big boys are headed!!

ST