Pure Price Action For Dummies

Okay. :slight_smile: Careful with wet streets. I’ll wait for your reply.

I use Oanda and never knew I could scale out of a position. You can do this on their MT4 platform?

As promised

What you are looking for is when you pullback into a S/R level (not perfect here but according to how I trade will work). You wait for price to reverse and hit the 38% fib level to confirm momentum is back on your side. In this chart you can see how I drew my fib based on the previous swing. The green line would be your entry and the red your stop (you could put that where you want but thats where I would put it. Any more questions let me know lumis thread can explain that more as I dont actually trade that way. It is good for newbs as it will deffently teach patience and will give you confirmation aswell. Hope this helps it will work I have used it to build to where I am now. I will stand by it. You do loose pips by waiting but at the same time you gain confirmation and that helps bring up the win loss ratio.

Like I said I dont use Oanda I just have heard you can. Talk to them they might help a lot more than I can.

Click to close a position.

You will see the window appear, The same window when you enter a trade but you have an additional option to close trade at the bottom. IN this window you will see the volume thingy. Adjust that. Say you have 20 lots on a trade, change it to 10 lots and than close the trade.

you will see half of your trade being closed and the remaining 10 lots still being on the money

I hope something can come of this as I do not have a demo account. Therefore I am about to open and close a trade at a loss to show this to you. Yes it will cost me money but not enough for me to care. Also I have the pips to spare and I owe them to this site so here goes.

There are 2 ways I do this (only 1 I really do it that I wll show first).
1st way is off my chart

Step1: I right click my chart and click sell market order (or however you want to set you entry this is how I enter I dont set pending orders but as you can see the options are there).

This will now pop up my entry page from here I set the amount of lots I want to enter I have the drop down box for lots I wish to open open
More on the next post apparently I can only post 4 screen shots on 1 post (BABYPIPS YOUR FIRED) :slight_smile:

Now I am in a trade to scale out is the same way in close a trade I enter my trade plattform down toward the bottom is my open positions I click on it and next to the position I select close.

Once you select close then another popup will come with an option on how many lots you wish to close (again I already hit the drop down) in this case I opened 2 lots so now I would close 1. Thats 50% right there cashed out (in this case by the time I got that far I was down 13 pips so I closed out both since I did not plan to enter just show you how its done)

On I side note you will see an option on the close menu called deviation called fill or kill. Thats because I have fixed spreads with a market maker so I do not have to wait for my order to get filled. They can either fill it or its there problem. My spreads on the Aussie are 4 pips all day every day. Kind of high spread but in the end I dont have fill issues I dont have wide spreads stopping me out in news events or what ever. How I trade 4 pips means nothing to me ( hence I just took a 13 pip loss at 2 lots total 26 pips just to show this to you) its the filling in heavy liquidity at a price I can expect ahead of time that makes it worth it. I am not telling you to use my broker just stating a opinion. You broker may not work the same way all I can say is to check with them to find out how it is done properly through them. I fail to see any broker not letting clients not to be able to do this as it means more money for them in the end.

I owe you 26 pips! Thanks! I think I get it. I’ll try it with the broker I’m demoing with. I’ll let you know if it works.

Many thanks

For your time and answer

Tony

lol you dont owe me anything at the rate the aussie is moving that was probably my only trade this week. Lol it has been moving great but not when I can trade it

Hi Tony here

I was wondering if it would be possible nikita

For you to post each morning for a couple of weeks what you thing the bias is eg. TODAY EUR/USD = DOWN i think after a couple of weeks it would help newbie’s get the just.

Cheers

Tony

Hehehehe.

I tried and it’s easy as you explained. I also opened a Demo Account with a Spread Betting company and tried it and it’s easy too (the software part, of course). The buttons are there.

Now being this my first experience with a Spread Betting Demo, I actually don’t see much difference besides the spreads (they’re higher). Is that all that differentiate Spread Betting with Non-Spread Betting?

Honestly I do not know enough about spread betting to comment. but glad you were able to figure out how to scale out.

Yeap. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Have you heard of those Artificial Intelligence programs that give you signals to trade? Are they a scam?

I wrote a long reply on why you are putting me on a difficult position and i accidentally clicked the browser off while trying to move the laptop.

I am too lazy to rewrite the entire thing as most of the time it just comes to me as I go.

So here is a summary.

EA W TF. S&R areas marked.

EA D TF

EA H4 TF. It shows the pullback candle. I looked at H1 and I saw more reasons to enter.

EA Min5. This method I took from Luminous Dejavu. But unlike him I dont use Fibs. I just use wave counts. The place I marked X is suppose to be where we should have shorted on Min5. The peak would have been the SL. I was out having a smoke so I missed it. I took it after the bull on where I have ticked. This was not a good entry as far as Min5 is concerned because I am entering at the bottom where prices have bounced before. Again I am selling at the bottom of Min5 waves which can be bad. Higher TF supports a sell so I took it regardless.

Trade moved to BE at 30 pips. I want 75 out of this for the 15 SL that I put in. Either it gives or I get out with BE +1. Regardless what it is, the new mantra is protect capital at all cost.

As I said, this is not an exact science where I can open the chart and tell you hey look just short today.

It all has to come together before I can tell you hey look go for a sell today.

I got to agree with Nikita thats a tuff spot to be in. Besides that sell a market because Nikita said so (although very enticing) is probably not the best of ideas. You have to learn to trade what you see and not what your told

Earlier Euro Aussie.

History repeats itself.

EA W TF. Monday. Same S&R lines.

Second post for the rest of the charts. Can only post max of 4 charts on one reply.

EA H4. Look at the H4 candles prior to our entry. But SL is very high if we are to pick the peak of H4 pullbacks. So we wait for a better price or look for an entry on smaller TFs.

EA min 15. Shows the pullback candle that should have grabbed our attention. The green dotted line at the bottom shows where my TP level is.

EA Min5. And my min 5 wave count entry and SLs.

EA H1. Finally my TP hit. RR of about 1:7

Short all Yen pairs until UJ hits 78.290.

Lets see how this works out for reading bias.

:smiley:

Hi there sorry for putting you on the spot was not my intention

great answer with charts thank you

Cheers

Tonny