Question about “Sell by market” and “Buy by market”

Ok, at this point I know the definition of Bid and Ask, it can be viewed with two perspectives, one by the market and the other one as myself, so i can give the definition of Bid as the price that someone (market) is willing buy or the price which I can sell it.
Ask is the price that someone (market) is willing to sell or the price which I can buy.
As a general rule that I can think of this is that in the market they always show you two types of graphs when you want to place an order, the lowest graph is the price which i can sell and the higher graph is represent the price which i can buy (cause everyone buy low and sell high)
But my question is for example in pictures on internet where they give a correlation between bid/ask and sell/buy by market…

They give the reference of “sell by market” as bid, and “buy by market” as ask… but, If you watch the graph, “sell by market” should be ask and “buy by market” should be bid right? Or they should say “sell thorugh market” and “buy through market” for example so the bid and ask and the correlation that they give in the picture could be right?

I wanna apologize if i’m wrong… English is not my native language so… there could be the possibility that i’m miss understanding the context…

Which professional book (McGrawhill, Pearson, Wiley) do you recommend me to learn these basic aspects? (Not about scalping, DOM, portfolio theories, financial markets and institutions or stuff like that) but a book about concepts…?

Don’t go too deep into the words. When they say, “Sell by market”, they actually mean ‘Sell as per market rate’. So, once you enter this order, it would go to the person who has ‘bid’ the most.

1 Like

@Derix

i totally agree

@kurahell
mate, don’t confuse yourself ok

You can go Long - BUY
You can go short - SELL

you already clearly understand what Bid and Ask means
LEAVE IT AT THAT, seriously
life will be much easier for you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like