Question regarding funded accounts?

I agree, but now I have to make the best of it. Making an analogy to spread betting if I buy a lot of 0.25 mini lot and my stop loss is at 52 pips. Am I, in essence, risking 130$? NASADAQ100 is trading at 1 $ per pip. So 2.5 times 52, meaning I`m risking 130$, which is about 0.5% of my whole account?
Did I understand that correctly?

Max Drawdown is 2500$ on a 25.000 $ account. If I trade a minilot of 0.25 mini lot and I set my stop loss at 52. Aren`t I risking 130$? And that 130$ loss must be continued every day for 19 days before the max Drawdown of 10% on my overall (25,000$) in order for me to lose the challenge?

Thank you

Lot sizes are very confusing, especially if you come from the world of spreadbetting as @S_Jane_M says ‘can vary from broker to broker’
But if your max drawdown is $2500 this is your account, so if you risk 1% that’s $25 risk per trade.
With a 50pt. SL that’s $0.5 size (equate that to what ever broker’s lot size is).

2 Likes

The whole account is 25.000$. And then only my whole account, I risk 0.1%? Which is 25$ per trade? And I can lose and make about 25$ a day if I take 1 trade.

So I can`t risk losing 250$? 5$ for 52 points?

I just need your confirmation. Because only 25$ seems like a very small profit. I just want o make sure that I haven`t misread or misunderstood. I can risk 250$ a day I can only risk 25$ on a 25.000 $ account
Thank you

Johnny is right, Bogdan. It isn’t a $25,000 account. It’s what they call a $25,000 to fool people who don’t understand.

Your maximum loss limit is $2,500, so it’s a $2,500 account.

If you risk 1% (good idea) that’s $25 per trade.

You still need to work out the position-size from the stop-loss width, of course.

2 Likes

Your account is your drawdown!- $2500

When you’ve lost $2500 you are finished, end of, KAPUT!!! You cease to be, you have no account. :sneezing_face: :weary: :scream:
Please understand in reality YOU DO NOT HAVE $25,000 - you have $2,500 that is your account.

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely! To fool people.

2 Likes

OK thank you I understand now it`s all clear to me thank you very much

1 Like

Got it now thanks a lot.

1 Like

It all depends on how far from your order you set your stop loss. And only after this you need to calculate the lot in the transaction, clearly understanding how much money you are willing to lose if the trade is unsuccessful.

1 Like

This has already been stated and acknowledged several times, just above. Why are you simply repeating what as said above, as you so often do? Have you actually read the thread, at all? Are you a bot, or a human?

1 Like

I have mental health issues. Thats why I keep repeating myself: I dont want to talk about it. But thats the reason I appear as an idiot from time to time. Its the illness that prevents me from time to time from seeing things as they really are.

Well, I believe Im done here. I lost 250$ dollars, and Cest la vie.
Thank you all for your help