Read this post before asking for a mentor

Sometimes, new users write about the need for a mentor, guidance, or even a “step by step” guide. Before you ask about mentoring, consider why anyone would do it for you for free (or even for payment). Profitable trading is hundreds of hours (if not thousands) spent in front of a monitor on technical or fundamental analysis, searching for valuable educational content, devoting your own time to training, paid or free, and drawing conclusions from them, assessing the suitability of a particular trading method in relation to yourself ( mainly psychological aspects of various methods of trading), emotion training.

Market research on the development of new strategies or research on other markets in order to better diversify own investments, evaluation of research results and implementation of new strategies, evaluation of the profitability of current strategies on a real account, and the condition of the entire investment portfolio.

If you were an experienced trader, would you be willing to help after following the above path?

4 Likes

Well said.

To answer your question, I’m a profitable trader (can prove). Am I willing to coach/mentor someone for free? Absolutely not. When the market is LIVE, I want to be in the game. I don’t have time to teach. If you want me to teach on weekends, you have to make it worthwhile. Just throwing out a ballpark figure for fun, if you do want me to teach you, perhaps for a 5 hour session on a Saturday, I would charge USD 3,000.

2 Likes

This quote is aimed at the user who is looking for a mentor, but thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

Shoot, my £50 an hour telephone rate needs to be reassessed :grimacing:

1 Like

If I could add to this, I would say that any new user contemplating asking for anything in life from somebody perceived to have great knowledge and wisdom on a subject matter of interest is to think what they can offer in return. I often come across this when I get approached to consider a “joint venture”. I ask them what they are offering that I do not have, and what they expect me to have that they don’t have that they think they cannot easily find elsewhere. In the vast majority of cases (and I mean more than 19 out of 20 cases) that is where the conversation stops. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t think you need a mentor to become a successful trader. It is just your knowledge and skills that make you the trader you want to become.

1 Like