Reading List

Hi everyone!

I’ve been on a real big reading kick lately, and I’d like to build a reading list of books that people on this forum have found most useful in learning forex. They can be on any topic (candlesticks, fibonacci, forex in general, etc), and be for people of any level, beginner, advanced, etc. Just make sure that you give a brief overview and why you think the book is a good learning tool.

I am going to be continually updating this first post with the names of the books that people suggest in this thread so that everyone may benefit from a concise reading list.

All books listed are linked to their respective Amazon.com page so that everyone can further investigate the book before deciding on reading/buying it.

Suggested Reading:

[B]The Complete Turtle Trader[/B] - [I]Michael W. Covel[/I]

[B]The Disciplined Trader[/B] - [I]Mark Douglas[/I]

[B]Enhancing Trader Performance[/B] - [I]Brett N. Steenbarger[/I]

[B]Forex Patterns and Probabilities[/B] - [I]Ed Ponsi[/I]

[B]Hedge Fund Masters[/B] - [I]Ari Kiev[/I]

[B]Intermarket Analysis: Profiting From Global Market Relationships [/B] - [I]John J. Murphy[/I]
[B]Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques[/B] - [I]Steve Nison[/I]

[B]Millionaire Traders[/B] - [I]Kathy Lien and Boris Schlossberg[/I]

[B]The New Market Wizards[/B] - [I]Jack D. Schwager[/I]
[B]The Richest Man in Babylon[/B] - [I]George S. Clason[/I]

[B]Technical Analysis of the Currency Market[/B] - [I]Boris Schlossberg [/I]

1 Like

I’ll take advantage of this post and add to the list speculation books too.

Thank You

Currently, I am reading [B]Technical Analysis of the Currency Market[/B] from Boris Schlossberg. I find few useful techniques, nothing special on first sight, but save me thousands of $ until now.

Ed Ponsi book [B]Forex Patterns and Probabilities[/B] was [B]very[/B] useful to me. It was the book that make the “click” and make me profitable trader.

What I notice is that I am picking useful tips & tricks from almoast each book that I read, and that way I am building my trading style.

Very useful thread.

Regards, Zoreli

A GREAT book on trading, not particularly forex, but really good nonetheless, is Mark Douglas’ “The Disciplined Trader”.

Thank you zor and equi.

I think what I’m going to do is go ahead and edit the first post to include all of the books that get suggested in this thread.

Keep 'em coming, everyone!

[B]Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques[/B] by Steve Nison

Definitely worth it if you are use candlesticks in you trading.

Ha what a coincidece, this is exactly the book i’ve been reading since yesterday… it’s a really good one.

Thanks guys! I looked at that book at the bookstore the other day, and it’s definitely on my list!

The Richest Man in Babylon
by George S. Clason
ISBN 0-451-16520-9

This is not a book on Forex but it does have some sound wealth-building principles. Entertaining and easy to read. Highly recommended.

I just finished reading this book. I agree…it’s great, and such a quick read. I don’t really read a whole lot anymore and I finished it in a day reading it during breaks at work.

No Forex specific books here, but :

“The New Market Wizards” by Jack D. Schwager
"Millionaire Traders" by Kathy Lien and Boris Schlossberg

For me, looking into the minds of successful traders and how they work is a great way to learn and gain different perspectives.

“Hedge Fund Masters” by Ari Kiev - A look on how a psychiatrist examines and picks apart top traders psychological to increase trading performance.

“Enhancing Trader Performance” by Brett N. Steenbarger - Awesome book and unless you have your own trading mentor or coach, this should be read even BEFORE demo trading. Actually, just read it regardless.

“The Complete Turtle Trader” by Michael W. Covel - A great story and a great example on the realities of systematic trend trading. Also, a great study on how psychology affects trading systems.

“Intermarket Analysis: Profiting From Global Market Relationships” by John J. Murphy - definitely required reading for those into fundamental analysis and discretionary trading. A good basis to understand these globalized markets.

This is just a few of the books I like, but some of my favorites as they have had the biggest impact. You may notice that most of them are psychology related in one way or another as I feel understanding yourself is the biggest obstacle to success in trading.

Hope this helps.

Very good points :D:D:D

I just went through and linked all books to their amazon pages…uhm…is that okay? If not, i’ll remove the links.

I think this is a great thread! Its always nice to be able to see what others are finding useful. I have a few e books that I have picked up from various places across the net about trading. I don’t know how to post an attachment here, but if you guys want id be more than happy to post them. My favorite was Bird Watching in Lion Country. I have others though I’ll just need to compile a list. Let me know if you guys are interested, Happy Trading, Raven

Just a thought, why not put a free ebook section on this site?

Now there is a brilliant idea. :smiley:

Please suggest anything you feel would be useful to the community! If you got the book from a specific …erm…LEGAL…source, please post that too, so that others may go and download them :D:D

I read all free material on the net. I save lots of money and learn a lot. I google search topic I want and then read for days all free material. My enlish not good so that why it take me days.

Try this,

Google “pdf search” and click on the top link. I have found many of these books listed on there for free.

You forgot babypips school of pipsology :slight_smile:

Is John murphys book on intermarket relationships still relevant? As intermarket relationships, I feel change over time so are do these relationships still hold?

The 1st 2 books are just for fun as they are easy reads but not really necessary.

And anything by Robert Kiyosaki is fantastic as well (although not specifically fx related). In fact I suggest you guys start with his first 2 books then move on to Rich dad’s guide to investing for those who want to participate in the stock market.