Real-time Collaborative Charts (like google docs). Need feedback

Hey guys,

I’ve created a real-time collaborative chart that allows people to essentially do their analysis on charts and link them to the words they type. I’ve taken some tips from google docs collaborative features to allow users to control the permission of a chart (editing vs suggesting). Here are some samples of how it looks like.

Typing # would load the list of chart objects you can select. After selecting the objects, type finish the sentence before finishing off the selection with another # at the end. #example of what I mean#

User with permission to edit
In this example, we can see a user with permission to edit. He can draw objects on the chart and use the #hashtag# to link them to the words he is typing. Upon hovering over the #words#, it gets highlighted on the chart.

User without permission to edit
In this example, we can see a user without permission to edit. So he can post suggestions on the chart. If you notice that once he uses the #hashtag# to link the word to the chart object, the chart object disappears (so that the chart doesn’t get messy).
Once someone hovers their mouse over the #word# then it gets triggered to display on the chart. The owner (or people with permission to edit) are allowed to approve the drawing suggestion if they find it valid.

What do you guys think? I created the charts from scratch and so have only a few of the popular drawing tools like Fibonacci, harmonics, trend lines, rectangles, elliott wave and arrows. Have a few popular indicators like stochastics, RSI, MACD, moving averages and Ichimoku. Still need to code the rest of it in but it’s darn tiring lol.

How do we play around with this thing? Is there a website? :open_mouth:

1 Like

I’m getting a test site set up for us to play around with this :slight_smile:

Okay great! Looking forward to trying it out. I’m not sure if TV has a feature like this but if they don’t, hey that may be something you can sell them! :smile:

1 Like

Haha they don’t have a feature like this. This is the first in its kind! Would really make discussions a lot easier :smiley:

Are you a full time developer? How are you able to create this product? :open_mouth: