Realistically Speaking

Trading is about emotion. Thus there’s nothing like having your own money at risk. You don’t get the rush that you get when your money is at risk with a demo account. I’ve used demos during my training days, and what I got from it is how to place a trade, but most importantly risk management. Use a demo now and once you’re comfortable with a system, go live with a small amount of capital.

2 Likes

I also feel emotions are much involvedin trading. We can manage them with practice. Trading skill is all about having practice and grip on trading when and how youhave to react market. Demo is not for placing orders and closing them if you not learn from it trade management and risk taking decisions you are not getting benefit of your demo practice.

1 Like

I have both downloaded just trying to become familiar with them.
I was recommended FXCM. Justs wondering what everyone else uses.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for the advice. I opened a Demo account with FXCM and MetaTrader. :ok_hand:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks.
Discipline is so vitally important aswell.

Good, I used FXCM demo when I was new to trading. Frankly I believe they’re all the same. It’s how you use them that matters. And remember: Perfect practice makes perfect. Don’t forget to keep on reading.

Get a demo account going mate Etoro is good for that $100,000 account

Personnaly I use Oanda …

Why ?

Because , being a newbie, I base all my strategies using Tradingview …and you can make your Trades directly INSIDE Tradingview with that Broker…so no “back and forth”…and no hassle.

Bonus tips : I deleted the " Joke Amount " of 100 000 $ they gave me…and replaced it with 1000$ ( The amount i will likely use when I feel the moment is good. )

That way I treat it like my own…and got a real feel of losing and winning… :wink:

Have fun !!!

Metatrader4(MT4) is what I would recommend as the best for you please. Thanks

1 Like

Find a mentor! :slightly_smiling_face:

Used Oanda also and am active with them. I did the same, replacing the 100K with my expected trading capital.

1 Like

I don’t think, it’s a good choice for new traders! New traders should aware of money management rules; that’s why small trading like 100-500$ is much better.

Gets you in practice of trading… remember the numbers of you favorite trades what AUD/USD and every other currency commodity.Crypto all that you like…What are you afraid of demo experience and real its not the money if you have a demo although real is better BUT trading demo will give you experience in trading stop losses Rolling stop losses…Entry orders all this you are missing 5 trades a day and you can be in head…BUt hey that’s just me…you get into a conversation with a trader like yerself (For me) I like to be able to have a chat…I was just in Hospital and drama unfolded and I got cross with a doctor Long story /… But i was able to chat with a doctor about trading and about the Brexit he calmed me down buy asking me how my trading was going… 7 days no food bowel obstruction i was starving and snippy…But each to there own good trading…I trade with ForexCt for real and I play and read others stories…#Bloomberg

1 Like

That’s it man" getting those number flowing through you head and you know where trades are and what you can do Gold Spot trading @ $1,120 and the USD AUD 81.00 just an example with the numbers ill be buying gold and waiting for the Bull run and selling the USA waiting on a bear run and obviously watching bloomberg and all the other tools available to me my manager trades for the day…Google the trades forecast for the very day include the date… forget the past its gone look at it on the chart stay away if its going sideways…MY assist of doing a demo KEEPING it real…no point in doing a $50,000 trade and learning one of 2 things you made great or you lost it all ALL…I usually with a $100,000 do $250 and try to find 5 trades with entry orders …

You Either think to much or with not enough confidence

I respect your opinion; hope you build a good trading skill by using heavy trading equity is demo.

Its the same as my equidity in real trading I use ForexCt…In life there is good and bad everything not just Good Cop bad cop Lol…But i been in a few rodeo’s in my life of 49 years trading in a demo will give you extra skills its available so why not use it…So my good V’s Bad scenario you get these kids who go to university and think they are gods gift to the planet a Uni degree don’t mean a lot until you get out and practice…Same as martial arts just cau8se you have a black belt doesn’t mean you are invisible lot a good street fighters out there…You will have a lot of great into in your head and then you go live and set one thing wrong as you are not practice and can leave a financial scar that you could be devastating…(why not take advice from somebody who trades live and have so for a few years now…You could be placing trades with market orders on all of yer trades…you remind me of UNI students with you ying/yang comment as you lack any real trading experience NONE this is why I suggest using the demo that is available and see how long that $100,000 lasts you see this is the thing mate…I could tell you things that isn’t in baby pipps comes from years of trading wins and losses but mainly wins or ide be working a job…this is my passion I love getting up early having a surf and then logging on a setting up my trades for the morning…and doing a few more in the afternoon short trades sometime a long trade depending on the market…IN SUMMARY im just trying to help and advise you but at the end of thew day its your world i’m just visiting…Safe trading

2 Likes

I found demo trading great for starters, but for me the real learning really kicked when I chipped in my own coin. I could not attach real, intrinsic value to demo dollars; essential errors and mistakes did not carry the same pedagogical weight.

Furthermore, there are additional details to take into consideration when you trade your real dough Iike variable spreads, low liquidity phases and fees that are not reflected in Paper Trading in TradingView+Oanda.

So I opened an account at Oanda with a “sacrificial” 3k$ and let me tell you that its a different ballgame altogether. I feel my losses and they cut for real, same goes with my wins. The brain’s plasticity is much more sollicited that way, and the added motivation makes me much more disciplined.

One’s gotta give some to get some!

1 Like

I think is it better to trade with a small real account than a Demo.
This recreates the emotional circumstance that only a ‘real’ trade can bring.
Just enough to trade .01 lots. You can only win or lose a small amount but the experience will be very different to that of a demo

3 Likes

in my opinion, measure your abilities. if it’s enough, move to level up.

2 Likes