Realistically Speaking

Hello BabyPips Nation.

Im pretty new to this industry i havent even started trading Demo yet im still learning in the School of Pipsology and reading books, watching youtube videos to gain as much knowledge and understanding before even opening a Demo account.
I want to ask… is it better to open a Demo account and learn as you go? or continue studying until ive consumed as much as i can before opening a Demo account?

2 Likes

You should definitely open a demo account. It’s like a flight simulator for trading.

Crash and burn while you learn and nobody gets hurt!

KC

3 Likes

Yes a demo account is a must have. Even after you go live a demo account is still useful to try out different pairs or a new strategy. Start taking the information you are learning and putting it to practice that’s the only way you will truly know how you will react in a live trade. Looking back at a setup is easy but trading on a moving chart is harder.

Just my 2 cents

1 Like

Thanks I appreciate the advice. I have FXCM downloaded. Is there any other platforms that you would recommend for a demo account?

Thanks

Joe

Thanks for the advice im going to open an account soon and give it a go. Nothing to lose!

Thanks

Joe

I definitely think opening a demo account early really helps.

1 Like

I like metatrader 4 is that what you downloaded from fxcm?

Hellooooo! :smiley: Welcome to BP @ForexJoe46! :slight_smile: Hmm. I finished the school here before I opened a demo account. :smiley: I realized that you know, it’s really different when you put all the lessons into actions? Like, the indicators and all that. :smiley: Haha. So I think it’s a good idea to demo trade while you’re trying to learn more about forex. :blush:

2 Likes

Both; open a demo and keep applying your learning statistics; only reading book & watching video is not enough here without practice.

I definitely think opening a demo account early really helps.

1 Like

Trading is about emotion. Thus there’s nothing like having your own money at risk. You don’t get the rush that you get when your money is at risk with a demo account. I’ve used demos during my training days, and what I got from it is how to place a trade, but most importantly risk management. Use a demo now and once you’re comfortable with a system, go live with a small amount of capital.

2 Likes

I also feel emotions are much involvedin trading. We can manage them with practice. Trading skill is all about having practice and grip on trading when and how youhave to react market. Demo is not for placing orders and closing them if you not learn from it trade management and risk taking decisions you are not getting benefit of your demo practice.

1 Like

I have both downloaded just trying to become familiar with them.
I was recommended FXCM. Justs wondering what everyone else uses.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for the advice. I opened a Demo account with FXCM and MetaTrader. :ok_hand:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks.
Discipline is so vitally important aswell.

Good, I used FXCM demo when I was new to trading. Frankly I believe they’re all the same. It’s how you use them that matters. And remember: Perfect practice makes perfect. Don’t forget to keep on reading.

Get a demo account going mate Etoro is good for that $100,000 account

Personnaly I use Oanda …

Why ?

Because , being a newbie, I base all my strategies using Tradingview …and you can make your Trades directly INSIDE Tradingview with that Broker…so no “back and forth”…and no hassle.

Bonus tips : I deleted the " Joke Amount " of 100 000 $ they gave me…and replaced it with 1000$ ( The amount i will likely use when I feel the moment is good. )

That way I treat it like my own…and got a real feel of losing and winning… :wink:

Have fun !!!

Metatrader4(MT4) is what I would recommend as the best for you please. Thanks

1 Like

Find a mentor! :slightly_smiling_face: