Realistically Speaking

Used Oanda also and am active with them. I did the same, replacing the 100K with my expected trading capital.

1 Like

I donā€™t think, itā€™s a good choice for new traders! New traders should aware of money management rules; thatā€™s why small trading like 100-500$ is much better.

Gets you in practice of tradingā€¦ remember the numbers of you favorite trades what AUD/USD and every other currency commodity.Crypto all that you likeā€¦What are you afraid of demo experience and real its not the money if you have a demo although real is better BUT trading demo will give you experience in trading stop losses Rolling stop lossesā€¦Entry orders all this you are missing 5 trades a day and you can be in headā€¦BUt hey thatā€™s just meā€¦you get into a conversation with a trader like yerself (For me) I like to be able to have a chatā€¦I was just in Hospital and drama unfolded and I got cross with a doctor Long story /ā€¦ But i was able to chat with a doctor about trading and about the Brexit he calmed me down buy asking me how my trading was goingā€¦ 7 days no food bowel obstruction i was starving and snippyā€¦But each to there own good tradingā€¦I trade with ForexCt for real and I play and read others storiesā€¦#Bloomberg

1 Like

Thatā€™s it man" getting those number flowing through you head and you know where trades are and what you can do Gold Spot trading @ $1,120 and the USD AUD 81.00 just an example with the numbers ill be buying gold and waiting for the Bull run and selling the USA waiting on a bear run and obviously watching bloomberg and all the other tools available to me my manager trades for the dayā€¦Google the trades forecast for the very day include the dateā€¦ forget the past its gone look at it on the chart stay away if its going sidewaysā€¦MY assist of doing a demo KEEPING it realā€¦no point in doing a $50,000 trade and learning one of 2 things you made great or you lost it all ALLā€¦I usually with a $100,000 do $250 and try to find 5 trades with entry orders ā€¦

You Either think to much or with not enough confidence

I respect your opinion; hope you build a good trading skill by using heavy trading equity is demo.

Its the same as my equidity in real trading I use ForexCtā€¦In life there is good and bad everything not just Good Cop bad cop Lolā€¦But i been in a few rodeoā€™s in my life of 49 years trading in a demo will give you extra skills its available so why not use itā€¦So my good Vā€™s Bad scenario you get these kids who go to university and think they are gods gift to the planet a Uni degree donā€™t mean a lot until you get out and practiceā€¦Same as martial arts just cau8se you have a black belt doesnā€™t mean you are invisible lot a good street fighters out thereā€¦You will have a lot of great into in your head and then you go live and set one thing wrong as you are not practice and can leave a financial scar that you could be devastatingā€¦(why not take advice from somebody who trades live and have so for a few years nowā€¦You could be placing trades with market orders on all of yer tradesā€¦you remind me of UNI students with you ying/yang comment as you lack any real trading experience NONE this is why I suggest using the demo that is available and see how long that $100,000 lasts you see this is the thing mateā€¦I could tell you things that isnā€™t in baby pipps comes from years of trading wins and losses but mainly wins or ide be working a jobā€¦this is my passion I love getting up early having a surf and then logging on a setting up my trades for the morningā€¦and doing a few more in the afternoon short trades sometime a long trade depending on the marketā€¦IN SUMMARY im just trying to help and advise you but at the end of thew day its your world iā€™m just visitingā€¦Safe trading

2 Likes

I found demo trading great for starters, but for me the real learning really kicked when I chipped in my own coin. I could not attach real, intrinsic value to demo dollars; essential errors and mistakes did not carry the same pedagogical weight.

Furthermore, there are additional details to take into consideration when you trade your real dough Iike variable spreads, low liquidity phases and fees that are not reflected in Paper Trading in TradingView+Oanda.

So I opened an account at Oanda with a ā€œsacrificialā€ 3k$ and let me tell you that its a different ballgame altogether. I feel my losses and they cut for real, same goes with my wins. The brainā€™s plasticity is much more sollicited that way, and the added motivation makes me much more disciplined.

Oneā€™s gotta give some to get some!

1 Like

I think is it better to trade with a small real account than a Demo.
This recreates the emotional circumstance that only a ā€˜realā€™ trade can bring.
Just enough to trade .01 lots. You can only win or lose a small amount but the experience will be very different to that of a demo

3 Likes

in my opinion, measure your abilities. if itā€™s enough, move to level up.

2 Likes

Trade on demo while you learn. Truth is learning to trade properly can take many years, not just 6 months as others have put it. It took me 3 years to start making consistent gains without banning my account. 70% of learning has to do with conditioning your mental strength. The other 30% is for learning and simulating with demo.

2 Likes

I agree with you on this one.
It makes more sense to open a demo account with a realistic amount of funds.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the advice man ill keep that in mind. Excited to learn this new skill :thinking:

1 Like

Appreciate the advice.

Thank you

if in my opinion, you first understand the mastery of the EA robot and demo account.

Thanks mate! Basically, anything like unrealistic including demo trading equity is costly (the ultimate result).

I agree with everyone advising to have a demo account, itā€™s more convenient, believe me :wink:

1 Like

A simultaneous process can be carried out: you can learn from various theoretical aspects and further try to practice those learned things on demo trading account. In this process, you will be able to see the differences between real world and theoretical sectors. Again, it can also help you to be more practical in decision making and skilled.

1 Like

Thanks! i downloaded mt5

Work on the demo for a while, and then start working with real capital. There is no need to hurry anyway, you must learn to apply your theoretical knowledge in practice. Itā€™s important that you donā€™t have any serious problems laterā€¦