Recommendations please for a UK broker to open a demo account

Hi all, I am new, currently working my way through babypips, on level Undergraduate, Junior, where its suggesting I open a MT4 account. However, I haven’t yet decided on what type of trader I want to be, as I was hoping to get through the course before deciding. So haven’t chosen a broker yet that suits my strategy and plan. (As I don’t have those yet!!)

What did others do at this stage?

Suggestions for a UK broker just for demo?

I’m a stay at home mum so plan to consider my strategy based around my children being at school…

Any advice welcome please…

I have one live spreadbetting account and another for demo. SB is a simple and low-cost entry route into trading. UK-based SB providers are as heavily regulated as any other types of broker registered here. SB is perhaps a little simpler to get your head round than CFD’s but SB is also tax-free.

I would recommend getting a handful of demo accounts from the biggest SB providers and try them out.

UK-based firms must offer -
negative balance protection
low leverage
segregated bank accounts for clients’ funds
deposit protection up to £85k

1 Like

Hi, signing up to a demo is completely free. So I would recommend doing some research and opening as many as you want. There will be a few differences between the 2 but overall mt4 is generally the same between brokers.

I’m with IG index and purple trading. Both have free demos so you can give it a go. IG index also do spreadbetting. Or research on google and pick another.

Ahah! - @tradeforex077 - you mention IG - I have an IG demo account. One tiny annoying thing is I find I can’t amend the stake or entry price on an SB order once its set. Am I blind, is there a way to do this?

Nah you cant edit set orders. They dont have that function, you can only edit stops and limits.

1 Like

Hotforex, Tickmill, IB to name some of them. The rule of thumb is to make sure that the broker has got license from FCA.

Thank you, much appreciated tommor.

Thanks for the tips ontario, will take a look.

Thanks tradeforex077, will have a look at IG and Purple Trading and see how I get on.