Recommended UK broker?

On the basis of my 3 years of forex trading experience, I can say that choosing a broker is everyone’s personal domain. Just because a broker suited my requirements doesn’t mean that it will suit your requirements also. You must try out different brokers and risk your money with the one that fits best.

Just checked their website, looks good tho.

See thing is, even the unregulated brokers offer you a good trading conditions, but what good will it do when one day, you wake up in the morning and see that all of your hard working money disappeared from the amount, only to realize the broker has scammed you?
That is always my biggest concern.

I prefer offshore brokers now so I have registered with Coinexx. Before this I was using a regulated broker but I wasn’t happy with the leverage and cost. I planned to switch to Coinexx because of it’s low spreads. Apart from that, it also provides various offers like bonus so I am quite satisfied with it as of now but I can’t say about it’s withdrawals since I haven’t tried it as yet. I will keep you updated about that.

You can have the same concern with the so called regulated broker and there`s many examples of this. :wink:

Tickmill or Pepperstone.
Tickmill Pro account has the lowest commissions in the industry $2 per side with tight spreads but you can only trade forex and a small selection of CFDs
Pepperstone needs no introduction it is one of the best out there.

I also found out that XM operates in the UK under the name trading.com . Perhaps you should check them out too.

I wouldnt recommend Pepperstone but thats my own oppinion.

Hi, please tell me why you wouldn’t recommend Pepperstone. As I was actually contemplating moving my funds from IC Markets to Pepperstone because they offer more instruments specifically on the cTrader platform.
Also between these following brokers that I already have accounts with, which would you recommend and why? XM Global, IC Markets Global, Tickmill UK, XTB International, MarketsX AU and of course Pepperstone AU.
Please note I’d be using a swap free account with them. Currently it looks like XM actually has the better swap free offering but that’s secondary.
Thank you.

The brokers are no doubt good, but would differ a little on the commission part. I am paying even less with fxview ($1 per side) and that’s the lowest with any regulated broker imo.

Tickmill is a good suggestion also I mix it with Hotforex to get better execution, I split orders between them as it’s easy for broker or liquidity providers to “digest” them.

Cuz of the scandals they`ve made around an year ago may be. Check the web.

Oanda will give you a tough time signing up with them and about Eagle FX i signed up with them a few months ago, had a deposit issue and at the same time my wife told me about this broker ([removed for forums policy violation]) so i shifted my funds.

I am in UK, and i have used HF markets, i found their commission heavier as compared to other brokers. Had to look for an easier, cheaper broker. Found one.

In the UK financial spreadbetting is legal and is regulated just as tightly as conventional brokers b the FCA.

The regulator requires they have segregation of clients’ funds, membership of the clients deposit protection scheme up to £85k and 100% negative balance protection.

No UK tax is paid on spreadbetting profits. They are not even declarable and there is no self-assessment requirement.