Related mt4 is it necessary

Hello,just want to know that as now my trades are running is it necessary that MT4 runs on my pc all the time.Or can i switched off my pc

Hi @rajaahmad,

If you have Stop Loss (SL) or Take Profit (TP) orders set for your trades, then these will execute even if your MT4 platform is closed. That’s because such orders rest on your broker’s servers.

However, you will need to keep your MT4 platform running, if you have a Trailing Stop order. That’s because the MT4 trailing stop order rests on the platform side, rather than the server side. You will also need to keep your MT4 platform running, if you are using any Expert Advisors (EAs) to execute orders.

If you need to keep your MT4 platform running all the time, you should consider using a virtual private server (VPS). The VPS could keep your MT4 platform running 24 hours a day during the trading week, even when your own computer is turned off or disconnected from the internet.

There is normally a monthly fee for VPS access, but several brokers offer discounts if you trade through them. For example, FOREX.com can provide a free FXColo VPS to any client with 5,000 in his account and who places at least one standard lot trade per month (or ten mini lot trades, or 100 micro lot trades).

1 Like

Raj, just switch it off.

When you switch your pc back on think about what has changed in the market before you check your mt4 demo - has there been a shift in risk, is there something relevant to your currency of choice.

Get to know the market, see the price reaction on mt4 in the past, then imagine how that may translate into the right side of your mt4.

Don’t even think about risking 5000 of anything right now.

1 Like

MT4 platform is an automated trading platform to ensure you timely trade executions. And yes, you should choose your broker in a way that can help you to achieve comfortable journey by providing technical errors free trade executions.

It’s better if you buy a vps. It can running 24 hour/day and all year.